Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Beaver walks into Md. store, finds only artificial Christmas trees, and proceeds to trash it

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2016/12/01/cute-beaver-trashes-store-after-holiday-shopping-in-maryland/

https://twitter.com/firstsheriff/status/804071529755672576?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Personable pig prompts panic over people pushing for peculiar pet permits

An alternate title could be "Special Snowflake Saddened." A lady has a pet pot-bellied pig inside city limits where pigs are not allowed. She claims the pig is a service animal. The pig has no training as a service animal, and no service animal organization in the province trains pigs. But she has "special bond" with it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/pig-home-appeal-1.3805550
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/service-pig-permit-1.3875588

So now she has until January 31st to prove it is a service animal, not a pet.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Facebook Aunt posted:

Personable pig prompts panic over people pushing for peculiar pet permits

So now she has until January 31st to prove it is a service animal, not a pet.

Okay, this sounds like the start of a "heartwarming" story.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
On one hand, gently caress people trying to hijack the "service animal" label and cheapening it for people who actually need it. On the other, lady just wants to keep her pig and will probably reach for anything to do so, let her keep the drat pig.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Josef bugman posted:

Okay, this sounds like the start of a "heartwarming" story.

Oh yeah, it's a frickin Lifetime movie.
http://www.metronews.ca/news/winnipeg/2016/11/07/winnipeg-woman-city-hall-pot-bellied-pig.html

quote:

Bob Sydor said his daughter--whom he describes as having undergone some “emotional times”—has a real connection with the animal and finds comfort in their companionship.
“People might say, ‘Well why doesn’t she get a dog or a cat or whatever’. But no, this is a special bond,” he said.
“He’s very important to her.”
Emily Sydor did not speak during the hearing and appeared teary eyed outside the committee room.

She's been through emotional times, guys. :qq:

Aww, what a cute piggie. In one sense I can sympathize -- I, too, have had a "special bond" with my pets and been unwilling to give them up. So I didn't live where I wouldn't be allowed to keep them. I've lived in some real shitholes in order to keep my pets.

AFAIK Manitoba is like 98% rural farmland or wilderness. For our American friends, Manitoba is directly north of North Dakota and Minnesota. She lives in the capital city, and is sad she can't have a pet piggie. She could probably move 30 miles in any direction and be in a district that does allow pigs, lots and lots of pigs, and her family would still have a reasonable commute into the city. But no, she needs the City to change the rules for her convenience. Wanker.

So yeah, a Lifetime movie.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
There are pigs and then there are pigs.

That is not a farming type eating pig. I would argue that the law deals with the first, and doesn't effect the latter (that is a pot bellied, non eating pig)

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Are you saying that some pigs are more equal than others? :mrapig:

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
I can certainly sympathize with not wanting to give up a beloved pet, but if it was that important then why didn't she go to the community board (or whatever there is for her city) and seek some type of exception? I'm sure separating the two will probably be stressful on the animal but it seems like she didn't think about that before going and getting it, so my sympathy stops at about the same place she decided to just do it and hope no one catches her.

E:

Johnny Aztec posted:

There are pigs and then there are pigs.

That is not a farming type eating pig. I would argue that the law deals with the first, and doesn't effect the latter (that is a pot bellied, non eating pig)

I totally agree that the law probably shouldn't apply to a potbellied pig, but you really shouldn't count on a blunt instrument like the law recognizing the difference when it comes to an uncommon animal like that. If she'd gone through the trouble of obtaining some kind of permit ahead of time she could have avoided the whole issue. And if she'd tried and failed to get one she'd have known that if caught she's not gonna slide by on account of her special snowflakeness and they're gonna make her get rid of it.

the future is WOW has a new favorite as of 09:44 on Dec 2, 2016

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Fathis Munk posted:

Haha

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Venezuela's currency value depends largely on one guy at an Alabama Home Depot

He’s a dissident with asylum in the U.S.. His day job at Home Depot has nothing to do with it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Fathis Munk posted:

All pigs are equally delicious

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

I'd watch any local channel's news daily if they had a dog or cat as co-anchor.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Choco1980 posted:

I'd watch any local channel's news daily if they had a dog or cat as co-anchor.

"We'll be right Bark!"

"Meow back to Kim in the studio."

"Looks like we got more purr-fect weather coming our way."

"No bones about it, this story hit close to home. Really ruff getting through it."

"Woof."

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

That dog has such a look of resignation. As if it's regretting every decision that lead to that moment.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

flosofl posted:

That dog has such a look of resignation. As if it's regretting every decision that lead to that moment.

"He farted, but I just know they're going to blame me." :smith:

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

flosofl posted:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Do not be deceived by the bubble, for the joy it promises is transient and tastes of soap.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Maymo and Penny are awesome dogs

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Holy poo poo, nerves of steel on that dog.

Compared to mine, which will bark at the wind if it's loud enough.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

flosofl posted:

Do not be deceived by the bubble, for the joy it promises is transient and tastes of soap.

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online

That's Dagny! Her owner is the morning meteorologist on a local Nashville news station, and Dagny comes in every Friday morning. She has a beautiful bed and is active on social media.

tentawesome has a new favorite as of 07:38 on Dec 4, 2016

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

imo its wrong to run social media for someone who isn't aware of the concept.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Powaqoatse posted:

imo its wrong to run social media for someone who isn't aware of the concept.

Social media is basically pissing on the neighbourhood tree and telephone poles but for humans.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Intoluene posted:

Social media is basically pissing on the neighbourhood tree and telephone poles but for humans.

true

so ill modify my statement: its wrong to piss on trees in the name of someone who might want to do it themselves if they were told about the trees

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

tentawesome posted:

That's Dagny! Her owner is the morning meteorologist on a local Nashville news station, and Dagny comes in every Friday morning. She has a beautiful bed and is active on social media.

I mean this is pretty cute but people calling themselves "mom" or "dad" of a pet are kind of creepy.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

skit herre posted:

I mean this is pretty cute but people calling themselves "mom" or "dad" of a pet are kind of creepy.

i agree, son.

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

Powaqoatse posted:

i agree, son.

No wonder people called me a son of a bitch all my life.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Powaqoatse posted:

true

so ill modify my statement: its wrong to piss on trees in the name of someone who might want to do it themselves if they were told about the trees

Are they paying you?

If yes, do it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

skit herre posted:

One time I picked up my buddy's dog from the kennel or wherever you put a dog when you go on vacation and they called me "Dash's Doggy-Dad." They gave me a mean look when I told them to just call me by my name. I didn't even say it like an rear end in a top hat or anything. Just:

"You can call me Solice since I'm not a dog's dad."

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online
I didn't think a meteorologist's dog would be so controversial.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

tentawesome posted:

I didn't think a meteorologist's dog would be so controversial.

I think it's hosed up if that weather man ever calls for thunderstorms because dogs hate thunder but I bet he does

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Phimosissy posted:

I think it's hosed up if that weather man ever calls for thunderstorms because dogs hate thunder but I bet he does

You're aware that meteorologists don't summon the weather, right?

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Nostradingus posted:

Liar.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Nostradingus posted:

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT HAARP

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

One time I picked up my buddy's dog from the kennel or wherever you put a dog when you go on vacation and they called me "Dash's Doggy-Dad." They gave me a mean look when I told them to just call me by my name. I didn't even say it like an rear end in a top hat or anything. Just:

"You can call me Solice since I'm not a dog's dad."

Maybe you should have told them to call you by your actual name instead of an internet handle they've never heard.

betamax hipster
Aug 13, 2016

GrossMurpel posted:

Maybe you should have told them to call you by your actual name instead of an internet handle they've never heard.

You don't use your real name as your Internet handle? Weirdo.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

betamax hipster posted:

You don't use your real name as your Internet handle? Weirdo.

You can imagine how awkward it is whenever I'm introduced to a Lovecraft fan. "No, no, I'm not related to that Alhazred. No mad Arabs in my ancestry as far as I can tell, only irate Georgians."

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You can imagine how awkward it is whenever I'm introduced to a Lovecraft fan. "No, no, I'm not related to that Alhazred. No mad Arabs in my ancestry as far as I can tell, only irate Georgians."

How do you rate them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nostradingus posted:

Are we allowed to do citizens arrests on posts