Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Looper posted:

I thought Plague Knight was way more fun to play than Shovel Knight :shobon:
Yeah I had way more fun with Plague Knight by the end. It takes a bit of experimentation to figure out what bomb loadouts work the best for you in certain situations, mostly. I want to say the one power that makes it so that you float down slowly was a bit of a game changer too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh yeah it's definitely worth mentioning as well that the Plague Knight campaign story is surprisingly adorable.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Excited for Zelda, Death Stranding, and Spectre Knight. Also happy I stopped watching the actual Game Awards stream early because gently caress that was getting unbearable. How is this even worse when it's not being put on by Spike TV?

StrixNebulosa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOIzH6UcoW4

e: Actually skimming the video now - the mako is back! :woop:

And I'm glad they picked a Vanguard to show off the gameplay and it's just as flashy and crazy as ever.

CJacobs posted:

I can't say because I did not watch

But what I can say is that I want a Schick Hydro character action game by Platinum now

I felt a little bad for Bosman. Going by his pre-hanging out with Geoff days, he knows exactly how embarrassing the whole affair was and how lovely the parts he was given were. He's usually quite a bit funnier than that but now a bunch of people just saw him as the annoying guy :smith:

Harrow fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Dec 2, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i want to play as shield knight

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Mumbling posted:

1. A scab is someone who crosses a picket line.
2. Anyone who says NN is a scab based on his speech is oversimplifying the issues surrounding the strike.
Yeah that whole speech was weird, he should have just clearly said "Hey devs all performances matter so why don't you also form a union and strike so that everyone in the games industry isn't treated like garbage"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

We'll probably be able to when they get around to that mode in the year 2019 :v:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

It's crazy how huge that game will be when all the content is in it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

wish granted but 95% of the campaign is just falling through the sky waiting for shovel knight to catch you

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Help Im Alive posted:

wish granted but 95% of the campaign is just falling through the sky waiting for shovel knight to catch you

The new Downwell expansion is pretty bad.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I don't care at all what the gameplay of Death Stranding will be like. Like if it's 40 minutes of walking simulator wrapped in 5 hours of cutscenes, I'm sold.

I assume Bulletstorm remastered is coming to PS4? if it is, I'll pick that up for sure. I played the demo on 360, but it wasn't in my budget to buy it at the time, and since I moved onto ps4, I've been trying not to buy 360 games...

I just got back into Bravely Default after letting my DS languish untouched for months. So good. Just beat the Ninja boss.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Hey sup games chat. I started playing No Man's Sky again last night to check out the new update. I haven't found a planet I like enough to build a base on yet (I'm holding out for a nice-looking ocean world), but so far it's pretty okay. They rebalanced some of the resources. The pulse drive will take iron or zinc as fuel now instead of Thaumium, and now your suit life support uses Thaumium instead of Carbon. Your gun still recharges with carbon and plutonium, and the launch rocket is also still plutonium fueled.

I think they messed around with the resource spawns, or maybe my first few planets were just unlucky, because I had a hell of a time trying to find a decent amount of zinc, which is what your hazard shields still use to recharge outside of shelter. I could see this being a real motherfucker for people playing Survival Mode, which is the new hard mode they added.

There's also a bunch of new resources for, I'm assuming, base building tech, some of which require upgraded tools to harvest. The gameplay loop is otherwise pretty much the same, so if you were super unimpressed by NMS before, you probably still won't care for it. I haven't tried out Survival Mode, but supposedly it is fuckin difficult, and people are getting killed all over the place. It makes your life support needs harsher, and also makes the animals and sentinels more aggressive.

Anyway, I'm probably gonna stick with it for a little bit, at least until I can build my space-house. If you're on PC, you should consider unlocking the base size restrictions using the following steps: http://imgur.com/a/8Hn4B

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

We'll probably be able to when they get around to that mode in the year 2019 :v:

Maybe an actual sequel starring Shield Knight? That'd be cool. I'm sure there'll be a true Shovel Knight sequel eventually, once they're done giving us new modes for free like total badasses.

I wonder who the third playable boss knight will be.

Also, I'm curious: when the Kickstarter was ongoing, what did they say about the playable boss knight modes? Did they say they'd get their own stories and unique challenges? Because if they didn't promise that then, I'm really impressed with how above-and-beyond they're going with those. They could've easily just grafted them in like Richter mode in Symphony of the Night where it's sort of a novelty that ends up being a little awkward, but hey, you can play as that dude you wanted to play as! But nope, they're doing it right, and that owns.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Dec 2, 2016

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

As cool as Shovel Knight has been and as great as the support it's gotten, I really hope Yacht Club's next game has nothing to do with it. I feel like they said at one point they didn't want to be known only for Shovel Knight so I hope they get to make whatever they want to next.

Also I guess that one time I loaded up FFXV was the only time I came across any bugs because I made it to the end of Chapter 2 last night and I think this game might be fantastic? idk

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oh yeah, didn't Yacht Club have a poll a while back about what kind of game they should make next? I think I responded that I'd love to see their take on a classic JRPG.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

Oh yeah it's definitely worth mentioning as well that the Plague Knight campaign story is surprisingly adorable.

Definitely

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

https://twitter.com/RealGDT/status/804669316675280896

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Same

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Reggie almost got through the entire night without things getting weird and people bringing things up but then it happened at dinner.

https://twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/804571588699963392

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah that whole speech was weird, he should have just clearly said "Hey devs all performances matter so why don't you also form a union and strike so that everyone in the games industry isn't treated like garbage"

I don't think you get what I'm saying.

Out of curiosity, why do you think voice actors are treated like garbage? Is it based on your own research or are you taking what the union says at face value?

The details regarding negotiations between the union and game companies were released. If you think their offer was unfair that's fine, but the idea that game companies refused to negotiate, pay actors more or take vocal stress into consideration is false. But that's the narrative that benefits SAG AFTRA so they never clarify that.

Mumbling fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Dec 2, 2016

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mumbling posted:

I don't think you get what I'm saying.

Out of curiosity, why do you think voice actors are treated like garbage? Is it based on your own research or are you taking what the union says at face value?

The details regarding negotiations between the union and game companies were released. If you think their offer was unfair that's fine, but the idea that game companies refused to negotiate, pay actors more and take vocal stress into consideration is false. But that's the narrative that benefits SAG AFTRA.

i, too, enjoy defending large rich companies for no reason.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Stux posted:

i, too, enjoy defending large rich companies for no reason.

What do you oppose about the deal the game companies offered?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mumbling posted:

What do you oppose about the deal the game companies offered?

it still isnt a fair offer compared to other industries which is also their issue iirc

also i think peopele should always at all times milk large companies as much as possible forever

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CJacobs posted:

I can't say because I did not watch

But what I can say is that I want a Schick Hydro character action game by Platinum now

Schick Hydro vs Pepsiman for 2017 please

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

also its always rly weird, to me, to see regular people somehow against other people getting paid more. very weird. unless you are the CEO of EA or something

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Stux posted:

it still isnt a fair offer compared to other industries which is also their issue iirc

also i think peopele should always at all times milk large companies as much as possible forever

But do you know the exact number offered?

If you support the strike that's fine. But I wish people talked about details. All I see online on both sides are people saying "companies are greedy" or "actors are greedy." That's not productive.

Stux posted:

also its always rly weird, to me, to see regular people somehow against other people getting paid more. very weird. unless you are the CEO of EA or something

Game companies don't have infinite money. It has to come from somewhere and I doubt it comes from the CEOs.

Mumbling fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Dec 2, 2016

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

when in doubt, corporations are always the greediest

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mumbling posted:

All I see online on both sides are people saying "companies are greedy" or "actors are greedy." That's not productive.

lol

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Harrow posted:

I felt a little bad for Bosman. Going by his pre-hanging out with Geoff days, he knows exactly how embarrassing the whole affair was and how lovely the parts he was given were. He's usually quite a bit funnier than that but now a bunch of people just saw him as the annoying guy :smith:

His preshow bit where he was the unlicensed video game shirt designer was great

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

very important for me to defend these big companies, online, against the evil voice actors

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
If you got some numbers I'd probably read them. Last I heard the offer was a 9% wage hike with like a $1000 capped bonus per game based on performance. That was in October though I don't know any more recent details if there are any.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

MMF Freeway posted:

If you got some numbers I'd probably read them. Last I heard the offer was a 9% wage hike with like a $1000 capped bonus per game based on performance. That was in October though I don't know any more recent details if there are any.

I think that's it.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Oh okay well now that the numbers are out there: that's a bad deal and they were right to not take it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

that number has been easily and readily available for a while lol

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

corporations get to where they are through unethical business decisions and exploitation. milk them for everything they're worth

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Quest For Glory II posted:

corporations get to where they are through unethical business decisions and exploitation. milk them for everything they're worth

im just asking questions, but maybe theyre really good actually instead and the people asking for fair compensation are bad

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's telling that what the VAs asked for was not only reasonable but probably leaving money on the table, in how artists/performers undervalue themselves with their self-esteem issues

and that companies then claim that their demands are unreasonable

but watching the NCAA fight paying their athletes has made me really QUite Mad at big business. biased one might say

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There are good podcasts about bad books, and good podcasts about bad movies. Any good podcasts about bad video games someone could recommend?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a9E3n_VZRQ&t=34s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm the inappropriately piped in fake crowd cheering at 2:35 appropo of nothing about the performance in particular

• Locked thread