Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Limited edition pool noodle grievous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yeah that's where my mind went to first too. Dude must wreck poo poo in a pool fight.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I whip my swords back and forth.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Gorilla Salad posted:

I whip my swords back and forth.

:golfclap:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Limited edition pool noodle grievous

We used pool noodles as lightsabers for my son's 7th birthday party. Great way to let children beat each other without too much damage.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
It looks like what would happen if Greivous was in a giant tumbledryer.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Anime was a mistake

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

chronic_back_pain.jpg

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Kinda surprised that isn't an official thing yet. Makes more sense than the Aliens Power Loader.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Moola posted:

chronic_back_pain.jpg

I was gonna say Dreadnaughts Feel No Pain but they have armor instead of wounds :haw:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Len posted:

Kinda surprised that isn't an official thing yet. Makes more sense than the Aliens Power Loader.

its actually a WIP of the new AoS Dwaurf robots

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Owns.

JcDent posted:

Anime was a mistake

I may have a forgeworld crisis suit that I have similarly anime-fied. I'll try to find it to post it in this thread where it belongs.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

I Believe I Can Fly.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Is it bad that an assault dread is fantastic? It's a robotic mummy armed with jetpacks. That's what teenage me always thought warhams would be like. Then I actually played warhams and reality set in.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

I like the concept, but I think the execution's lacking. A contemptor's torso with some slightly smaller boosters on the back would probably work. It looks like they've added stuff to the top of the standard dread torso to make it even more boxy, it just throws the whole thing off.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
Where exactly are those boosters from?

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

I can't get over that dread's look of shocked surprise at the world.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

ro5s posted:

I like the concept, but I think the execution's lacking. A contemptor's torso with some slightly smaller boosters on the back would probably work. It looks like they've added stuff to the top of the standard dread torso to make it even more boxy, it just throws the whole thing off.

I thought it looked too tall, I just assumed that was what GW were doing these days.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

Where exactly are those boosters from?

The valkyrie kit

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Ugleb posted:

I thought it looked too tall, I just assumed that was what GW were doing these days.

I think those are contemptor legs, which are a bit taller than regular boxnaught

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Len posted:

Is it bad that an assault dread is fantastic? It's a robotic mummy armed with jetpacks. That's what teenage me always thought warhams would be like. Then I actually played warhams and reality set in.

If you play Orks it's exactly like what teenage you expected.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
terrible?

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Jetpack dreads have been a running joke since at least 3rd ed iirc. When Paul Sawyer was editing WD he used to complain about the lack of realistic dread options for White Scars (big slow robots not very thematic) and asked for suggestions on the letters page.

First idea sent in was for jetpack dreads, but he said it was too Impractical because they're only jump packs rather than flyers, and also it was a bit silly; next issue somebody suggested jetpack dreads, but with added roller-skates so they could keep up. Think he quietly dropped the idea and decided they just didn't use dreads because "warrior honour!" or some cop-out.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

It's a game that has an Ork named after Margaret Thatcher but jetpack robots are insane.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

darkwasthenight posted:

Jetpack dreads have been a running joke since at least 3rd ed iirc. When Paul Sawyer was editing WD he used to complain about the lack of realistic dread options for White Scars (big slow robots not very thematic) and asked for suggestions on the letters page.

First idea sent in was for jetpack dreads, but he said it was too Impractical because they're only jump packs rather than flyers, and also it was a bit silly; next issue somebody suggested jetpack dreads, but with added roller-skates so they could keep up. Think he quietly dropped the idea and decided they just didn't use dreads because "warrior honour!" or some cop-out.

Is Fat Bloke up to anything gaming related these days?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Len posted:

It's a game that has an Ork named after Margaret Thatcher but jetpack robots are insane.

So Armageddon is Falklands or something?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

darkwasthenight posted:

Cut the dreadnaught legs off, put a rhino down there?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

JcDent posted:

Cut the dreadnaught legs off, put a rhino down there?

Turret Dread? What is this, Armored Core???

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Vroom vroom

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Len posted:

To be fair, Eureka Seven wasn't a niche pop culture thing back then that GW could rip off too. E7 has surfing giant robots but rollerblading giant robots would be :krad: too

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I think a Treadnaught could be cool

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Isn't that basically what the giant Khorne murder-vehicle is?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Is Fat Bloke up to anything gaming related these days?

I believe he is one of the founders of Warlord! games and co-wrote Bolt Action.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Ilor posted:

Isn't that basically what the giant Khorne murder-vehicle is?

The Lord of Skulls who's armor is full of tiny skulls? Yeah he's a cannon dude on tank treads.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I believe this photo was misplaced in another thread, and really belongs here.

:grin:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Ilor posted:

I believe this photo was misplaced in another thread, and really belongs here.

:grin:

Did Moola make a 100mm base? What am I looking at?

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Dec 3, 2016

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
wow, RUDE!

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
It's some sort of Squig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007