Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

poptart_fairy posted:

Even if I don't post about it people like somfin run in and claim that's what I'm talking about. Posting about England's spotty coverage of Trump and calling people out on using the term retard in this thread had it dragged over to GG, for gently caress's sake. :v:

People discuss GG poo poo in here all the time, even when there's meant to be a forum rule against it. Lets not pretend it's suddenly a big deal when I pop my head in and do it.

There's a report button for a reason fuckwit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

PYF Dark Enlightenment Thinker: Let’s make the bold and controversial assumption that women have agency

So who is Scott Aaronson again and why was he "punished"?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

McGlockenshire posted:

So who is Scott Aaronson again and why was he "punished"?

He's a pretty good researcher in quantum computing. I suspect that's unrelated to whatever his "punishment" was though.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Doctor Spaceman posted:

He's a pretty good researcher in quantum computing. I suspect that's unrelated to whatever his "punishment" was though.

He wrote a post about his problems with feminism and then people got angry at him. This is a huge injustice to the post-rationalist tribe, because it involves expressing left-wing normative judgements which is the apex of evil.

The inciting post wasn't THAT bad and Laurie Penny wrote a very generous post about the problems with it, but then he just kept putting his foot in his mouth by saying that Alan Turing would never have understood the notion of privilege or that Trump voters are somewhat justified because of how evil SJWs are

The Vosgian Beast has a new favorite as of 02:31 on Dec 1, 2016

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

LoB this list includes an admittedly funny-sounding variant of the n-word and i don't want you to get probed again because you keep this thread good :ohdear:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Alan Turing would never have understood the notion of privilege

A gay man that faced horrible oppression by an entire nation-state and was driven to suicide couldn't possibly understand a concept like privilege? :psyduck:

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

ate all the Oreos posted:

LoB this list includes an admittedly funny-sounding variant of the n-word and i don't want you to get probed again because you keep this thread good :ohdear:

are you a creationist that believes all men are created equal or do you accept the science of evolutuion.
outliers are only important in people you meet in any policy consideration in a multicultural nation race and gender difference must be considered.
because we are so different that scientist can tell even with 300 miles of where you were born from you dna multiculturalism is doomed. whats more its just as bad for nonwhites.
Its not a question of nature nurture humans developed cultures that become part of the environmental feedback loop expressed biologically,therefore culture is neither fungible not interchangeable between ethnicities.
Its a word meaning stingy that is etymologically unrelated to friend of the family, although in this day and age it is used only by racists who really want to say friend of the family but also want to pretend they didn't.
Therefore minorities are at a disadvantage in anothers environment in tow way first because they were not selected for it, but also because they can not select for it
In other words a minority in its own nation might find workarounds specific to its own dna that help it compete against the west but when living in the west these workarounds can not be permitted because they would appear a double standard.
continuing trends will destroy the habitat of whites who already stopped breeding leftist hate campaigns and immigration will wipe us out, who then will help the remaining third worlders,? china?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

A gay man that faced horrible oppression by an entire nation-state and was driven to suicide couldn't possibly understand a concept like privilege? :psyduck:

http://www.scottaaronson.com/blog/?p=2494&repost=no#comment-880057

His full list is Mark Twain, Bertrand Russell, and Alan Turing all of whom, I'm pretty sure I could explain privilege to given a time machine.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

What, niggardly? That's actually an acceptable word, meaning "stingy" or "miserly", but admittedly its main use these days is inciting controversy.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

darthbob88 posted:

What, niggardly? That's actually an acceptable word, meaning "stingy" or "miserly", but admittedly its main use these days is inciting controversy.

I totally knew that in the past and forgot, thanks :v:

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

lovely Scott's take is here, where lovely Scott is furious that feminism didn't crumble into nothingness with the revelation of a nerdy white man's sob story.

If only Scott Aaronsen had gotten his wish and been born a woman or a gay man so that he could just focus on math, free of intrusive oppression, who knows where he'd be today. Somehow, though he fought through the pain to be a success -- as did all the other white nerdy guys in STEM, against all odds -- unlike the women and gay men who have such an easy time of things and dominate the field today.

Sax Solo has a new favorite as of 05:58 on Dec 1, 2016

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Sax Solo posted:

lovely Scott's take is here, where lovely Scott is furious that feminism didn't crumble into nothingness with the revelation of a nerdy white man's sob story.

If only Scott Aaronsen had gotten his wish and been born a woman or a gay man so that he could just focus on math, free of intrusive oppression, who knows where he'd be today. Somehow, though he fought through the pain to be a success -- as did all the other white nerdy guys in STEM, against all odds -- unlike the women and gay men who have such an easy time of things and dominate the field today.

quote:

I stand by a lot of it, but if somebody links you here saying “HERE’S THE SORT OF GUY THIS SCOTT ALEXANDER PERSON IS, READ THIS SO YOU KNOW WHAT HIS BLOG IS REALLY ABOUT”, please read any other post instead. There’s a whole list of Top Posts on the Top Posts bar above.

Ahh the intellectual version of "I'm just trollin, but srsly tho gently caress those women amirite?"

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Sax Solo posted:

I showed that post to a friend recently, because Scott Alexander's Trump Takes came up and she said that it was a decent criticism of non-intersectional feminism buried underneath Scott Alexander's complete inability to understand the thoughts, feelings, and concerns of people who aren't him.

Scott's real problem has always been that he has a lot of sympathy, but very little empathy. He genuinely can't process that someone would be genuinely scared by Nydwracu shouting about how George Zimmerman was an innocent martyr or the guys on /r/incel who constantly five seconds away from going Elliot Rodger. After all, Nydwracu and incels are in his tribe, how could they frighten someone?

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

I showed that post to a friend recently, because Scott Alexander's Trump Takes came up and she said that it was a decent criticism of non-intersectional feminism buried underneath Scott Alexander's complete inability to understand the thoughts, feelings, and concerns of people who aren't him.

At least he isn't in a position where he needs to do that, for instance as a mental health practitioner.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

eschaton posted:

At least he isn't in a position where he needs to do that, for instance as a mental health practitioner.

:suicide:

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Here’s a model with more predictive power: normie gender relations consists of a tacit agreement, where men agree to perform attractiveness to the abstract concept of the normie woman (i.e. strength, stoicism, emotionlessness, measured applications of violent anger, etc. — if you prefer, ‘toxic masculinity’) and women agree to perform attractiveness to the abstract concept of the normie man (i.e. weakness and dependence), and each sex enforces, and women especially are encouraged to enforce, normie gender relations by responding to lack of attractiveness with, and genuinely feeling lack of attraction as, disgust. The woman performs being scared by a spider, and the man performs being tough and killing it. If the woman doesn’t perform being scared, the man performs being disgusted; if the man doesn’t perform being tough, the woman performs being disgusted.
Funny how this guy thinks that his discovery of a few basic principles of Feminism 101 are new and original ideas. Like, does he not understand that what he's describing IS the patriarchy he claims doesn't exist?

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
poptart fairy you search the forums for gamergate keywords and swoop in to carpet bomb hot takes, c/d?

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
The Alt-Right’s Jewish Godfather: How Paul Gottfried—willing or reluctant—became the mentor of Richard Spencer and a philosophical lodestone for white nationalists

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

hackbunny posted:

poptart fairy you hot c/d?

Little too old for it to be convincing nowadays.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

darthbob88 posted:

What, niggardly? That's actually an acceptable word,

Not anymore,

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

pookel posted:

Funny how this guy thinks that his discovery of a few basic principles of Feminism 101 are new and original ideas. Like, does he not understand that what he's describing IS the patriarchy he claims doesn't exist?

Everything sane these dudes say about gender relations have been said before, and loudly, by feminists. They just don't know it because they get their concept of feminist secondhand from frothing Sargon of Akkad videos.

Meanwhile:

Mister Mean-Spirited posted:

When it comes to Donald Trump, I am wary and watchful. Like it or not, Trump has become a politician, and the first thing that any elected official does is to backtrack on campaign promises. However, no matter how much Trump might disappoint his supporters, the Pussy-Grabber is still a better pick than Hillary Clinton. Better a dissatisfying President than a do-gooder President. Four years of let-down is far better than four years of love-thy-neighbor.

The Archduke of Edge has revealed he has a rosier, more idealistic, and more starry-eyed conception of what a Hillary Clinton presidency would have looked like than any actual Clinton supporter I have ever met.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Hey guys, please stop rushing to insult poptart_fairy every time he posts. It's way more distracting than the posts he's actually making.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Certainly more tedious

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Everything sane these dudes say about gender relations have been said before, and loudly, by feminists.

Many of those feminists were women, though.

...Oh, sorry! Many of those feminists were mind-killed by politics, and of dubious epistemic status.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Hey guys, please stop rushing to insult poptart_fairy every time he posts. It's way more distracting than the posts he's actually making.

We could just ban him, that would make things easier for everyone

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

hi gently caress poptart fairy

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

hi gently caress poptart fairy

No don't that's how you end up with more of 'em

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
How so, beyond the fact that anybody who uses it is probably a colossal bigot trying to look clever?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

darthbob88 posted:

How so, beyond the fact that anybody who uses it is probably a colossal bigot trying to look clever?

That's....pretty much it. Only assholes use it now, so if you use it people think you are an rear end in a top hat.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Yeah it's like a more modern version of "Hey human being! Ha ha, no you see the word human being actually means a bundle of sticks! I just think you're a bundle of sticks! Ow why are you slapping me"

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Yeah it's like a more modern version of "Hey human being! Ha ha, no you see the word human being actually means a bundle of sticks! I just think you're a bundle of sticks! Ow why are you slapping me"

Oh no, they still do that one, just now they refer that south park episode

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Somfin posted:

No don't that's how you end up with more of 'em

You're a retard if you think Islam is no thread to Europe. Antinatalism does not mean that you don't care about culture anymore. It means making sure the highest culture on earth, Europa, continues to exist. Even Japan's great authors only exist because they read western literature. It's that good. I'm biased towards Europe, just like the greatest aphorist of the 20th century: Davila. The latter is also one of the greatest minds to ever have lived. All hail Europa.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ikanreed posted:

Oh no, they still do that one, just now they refer that south park episode

Yeah I'm not saying they don't still do it I'm saying this is the new version of it. Of course some people aren't going to upgrade when the latest model comes out :v:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

You're a retard if you think Islam is no thread to Europe. Antinatalism does not mean that you don't care about culture anymore. It means making sure the highest culture on earth, Europa, continues to exist. Even Japan's great authors only exist because they read western literature. It's that good. I'm biased towards Europe, just like the greatest aphorist of the 20th century: Davila. The latter is also one of the greatest minds to ever have lived. All hail Europa.

By "japan's great authors" I assume he means "The guy who draws tentacle hentai mangas that are so good they bring a tear to my eye"

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

By "japan's great authors" I assume he means "The guy who draws tentacle hentai mangas that are so good they bring a tear to my eye"

I note you're not specifying which eye here

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Yeah I'm not saying they don't still do it I'm saying this is the new version of it. Of course some people aren't going to upgrade when the latest model comes out :v:

And I'm saying that south park brought "human being means annoying person. Words change :smug:" model in like 2013

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Everything sane these dudes say about gender relations have been said before, and loudly, by feminists. They just don't know it because they get their concept of feminist secondhand from frothing Sargon of Akkad videos.

Meanwhile:

The Archduke of Edge has revealed he has a rosier, more idealistic, and more starry-eyed conception of what a Hillary Clinton presidency would have looked like than any actual Clinton supporter I have ever met.

FREAKS CREATE PROGS OCCUPY

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I just realized how funny it is that he uses the term freak to refer to himself rather than to the blue-haired piercing-laden androgynous queer SJW stereotype in his head

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Well, that and Mishima.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Race Realists posted:

FREAKS CREATE PROGS OCCUPY

http://mister-mean-spirited.blogspot.com/2016/11/you-loving-loser.html?showComment=1480701218372&m=1#c8814537222703339123