Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

WHAT

oh thank god

Wikipedia posted:

Simon Fuller announced in a statement in October 2016 that the group would be reuniting to work on a new 'digital entertainment experience'. More details on this project are to be announced in 2017.[47]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Alaois posted:

WHAT

oh thank god

Lol, Jesus of course they got back together this year just to ruin my dumb joke.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Beekeeping and You posted:

I was so positive griffin was going to call travis out on spell slots, but he was having so much fun...

I don't think Griffin was ever going to call Travis or Justin out for that. I mean, You can't just toss somebody the character sheet for a character multiple years in the making and expect them to be proficient at it.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

This video,as they say, is me.

https://twitter.com/bear_onica/status/804446698705592320
I'm going to enjoy this until Vince McMahon murders it from the internet.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

This video,as they say, is me.

https://twitter.com/bear_onica/status/804446698705592320
I'm going to enjoy this until Vince McMahon murders it from the internet.

so many beautiful boys!

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

The publisher for the TAZ Graphic Novel have been posting the design sheets for the characters and man do I love the way she draws the boys+girls of the show

https://twitter.com/01FirstSecond/status/804439820277719040

Also:

https://twitter.com/corruptedgem/status/804478927745990657

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Dec 2, 2016

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

DoctorWhat posted:

Neverwinter, Rockport, and Fandolin also probably getting renamed.

So is the Fantasy Costco :(

https://twitter.com/01FirstSecond/status/804462079465885696
Ok, Johann, Killian, The Director(?), And I wanna say either Ari or Davenport.

https://twitter.com/01FirstSecond/status/804430604431282176
Also, i fricken love Taako. Speaking of which I'm currently up to the Adventure Zone Zone episode. Justin is talking about how he originally wanted to make Taako gay, but didn't do it because he already committed to the voice and worried it would make him a stereotype. I understand the reasoning, but I do wish he pulled the trigger on that.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Dec 2, 2016

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
You should really catch up.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

flatluigi posted:

You should really catch up.

I'm working on it. I burned through most of the Crystal Kingdom.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Hmm. Sincerely thought that Justin was the deep voice at the top of TAZ. Learned something new.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

https://twitter.com/01FirstSecond/status/804462079465885696
Ok, Johann, Killian, The Director(?), And I wanna say either Ari or Davenport.

That guy doesn't look like a gnome, I don't think he's Davenport.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

It's the scientist dude from the Crystal Kingdom arc I'd think

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Lucas isn't part of the Bureau, it's probably Avi

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also, this is only covering the first arc and I guess Moonlighting if the BoB is here so far, so it's not time to be designing Lucas yet.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

kidcoelacanth posted:

Lucas isn't part of the Bureau, it's probably Avi

Yup, and that's why he doesn't wear a bracer. It's Lucas.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh poo poo it is.

Huh.

https://twitter.com/marinscos/status/804478781738065920

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Dec 2, 2016

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Ariong posted:

Yup, and that's why he doesn't wear a bracer. It's Lucas.

gently caress. gently caress!!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Now I am the OP.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I like carboys and all but these 10 minute segments trying to pull the dummy out of the car are killing me

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Episode 17 wasn't quite as good IMO but this latest Car Boys was a return to form. The ending killed me

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I don't think Nick went into Garfield Heights with any plan whatsoever, but breaking a gigantic crush toy because of Griffin's instance on always going Max Gravity is a great way to retire Max Gravity. Whomever modded the Pigeon and put Busto in it is a genius (as is the easter egg of Busto 1.0 without skin).

I hope there's enough new maps and toys to keep them both on their toes. I felt like there's more mileage in Extreme Testing Ground, but I feel like I'm just going to have to get a computer and play the game myself to enjoy the fuckery.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Amaryllis posted:

Holy poo poo, I want that graphic novel in my hands yesterday!

It's excruciating. It feels a little weird, especially after The Eleventh Hour, to have another guided-tour-feeling story arc, and I hope that the upcoming battle doesn't take up a whole episode, but I'm really enjoying listening to the boys trying (and mostly failing) to think positively in this despair dungeon.

I know other people have said it but I wanna underscore, especially with all this tabletop chat, that anyone looking for people sticking to the rules and actually letting characters gently caress up, do unexpected things, and ruin scenes with critical-failure rolls in a podcast should listen to Friends at the Table. The Marielda season is split into a couple of parts, both with good-for-listening tabletop systems, and it stands apart from season 1 despite sharing a setting with it. Most of the audio issues that make the first couple of seasons almost unlistenable have also been resolved. The only thing I continue to not like about it is that Austin seems so against railroading or roll-fudging that some episodes just descend into a massive trainwreck of roll failures made by characters who are supposed to be cool and good at their jobs and whose actions are narrated by players who don't really sell those failures as interesting/funny. Good if you're actually playing, not so good listening.

Yeah, I love this podcast, at least as much as Adventure Zone (I basically listen to it on the dead week of Adventure Zone), but have a similar feeling. I started listening during Counter/Weight, which used a system(s) where there weren't a ton of failures, and the ones that happened were impactful. I went back and listened to the first season though and found myself getting quite annoyed at how harsh the penalties were for failures on rolls that it was almost impossible to get the best result on. Yeah I get it if the players are rolling low (and at least the players get experience for that) but the fact that the only way the players could avoid a bad consequence was to get a 10 (with modifiers) on a d10 dice, and that the consequences for rolling 8 or 9s were often character-threatening situations annoyed me. I know the rules specifically say the DM can make a move "as hard as they want" in these situations but drat, too harsh.

Although, maybe I'll counter myself here and say that in the end, the story really benefited from this a few times so maybe it's all right.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rick posted:

Yeah, I love this podcast, at least as much as Adventure Zone (I basically listen to it on the dead week of Adventure Zone), but have a similar feeling. I started listening during Counter/Weight, which used a system(s) where there weren't a ton of failures, and the ones that happened were impactful. I went back and listened to the first season though and found myself getting quite annoyed at how harsh the penalties were for failures on rolls that it was almost impossible to get the best result on. Yeah I get it if the players are rolling low (and at least the players get experience for that) but the fact that the only way the players could avoid a bad consequence was to get a 10 (with modifiers) on a d10 dice, and that the consequences for rolling 8 or 9s were often character-threatening situations annoyed me. I know the rules specifically say the DM can make a move "as hard as they want" in these situations but drat, too harsh.

Although, maybe I'll counter myself here and say that in the end, the story really benefited from this a few times so maybe it's all right.

I'm not really a fan of Dungeon World and think it misses a lot of the design that makes Apocalypse World (the system that Dungeon World, The Sprawl and Blades in the Dark are all based on) a really good game, and that's one of the issues. Trying to adapt a more abstracted system into a dungeon crawler with classic D&D elements means you're rolling a lot more than you otherwise should be, and the "miss/partial success/full success" system starts to break down.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Brad Bradderson was basically the exact opposite of what I expected from a Stuart Wellington DnD character and was all the more amazing for it.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!

Rick posted:

Yeah, for sure: some of my favourite moments from last season, too, happened because someone hosed up some rolls and the narrative got fun. Specifically: the whole sequence in which one of Jack's characters gets biffed, tries to choke a priest, ends up sobbing on an operating theatre floor, and then quietly freaks out for the rest of the heist was comedy gold. It rivals that time Mako accidentally bought all those industrial riggers back in the Counter/Weight season for my favourite bit in the whole show.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Holy poo poo. :lol: Magnus eating the Phlophsers stone

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Cory Lidle posted:

I don't think Nick went into Garfield Heights with any plan whatsoever, but breaking a gigantic crush toy because of Griffin's instance on always going Max Gravity is a great way to retire Max Gravity. Whomever modded the Pigeon and put Busto in it is a genius (as is the easter egg of Busto 1.0 without skin).

I hope there's enough new maps and toys to keep them both on their toes. I felt like there's more mileage in Extreme Testing Ground, but I feel like I'm just going to have to get a computer and play the game myself to enjoy the fuckery.

Yeah, Garfield Heights is nice but Gridmap (small) and Extreme Testing Ground are so much more interesting. I really want them bring the cannon over to some of the more abstract / outlandish parts of the other maps. Or just bring back the planes because those things are goddamn hilarious without fail.

Even when it's not incredible, the show is still so much fun. It makes me laugh more than most 'real' television shows which is pretty amazing for a show that's just two dudes with a bad video game and some mics.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Amaryllis posted:

Yeah, for sure: some of my favourite moments from last season, too, happened because someone hosed up some rolls and the narrative got fun. Specifically: the whole sequence in which one of Jack's characters gets biffed, tries to choke a priest, ends up sobbing on an operating theatre floor, and then quietly freaks out for the rest of the heist was comedy gold. It rivals that time Mako accidentally bought all those industrial riggers back in the Counter/Weight season for my favourite bit in the whole show.

You know what, that was good in the moment but as a listener I was disappointed with how much that ended up defining the character for the remainder of the game. Even if being a soft boy is totally in line with the McElroy thread I feel like he went on to leave some cool moments on the table. But their podcast isn't for the listeners as much as it's for the titular friends, right? :shrug:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

well why not posted:

Yeah, Garfield Heights is nice but Gridmap (small) and Extreme Testing Ground are so much more interesting. I really want them bring the cannon over to some of the more abstract / outlandish parts of the other maps. Or just bring back the planes because those things are goddamn hilarious without fail.

Even when it's not incredible, the show is still so much fun. It makes me laugh more than most 'real' television shows which is pretty amazing for a show that's just two dudes with a bad video game and some mics.
No offense but you must watch some bad tv

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

Holy poo poo. :lol: Magnus eating the Phlophsers stone

Phlophsers

You wanna try that word again, buddy?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

well why not posted:

It's really too bad that flying vehicles broke at some point. Would've loved to see Iron Guy flying into things

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUuSf7eTDFQ

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Oh no no no

Griffinspacejam.com is dead!
DEAD!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Spaced God posted:

Oh no no no

DEAD!

2016 worst year

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Spaced God posted:

Oh no no no

DEAD!
http://www.griffin-space-jam.com

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

We just got a 6 week old pug puppy and named it Griffin, or Fin for short :)

V it's a girl :3

Pacra fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 3, 2016

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Pacra posted:

look at that beautiful boy

also:

https://twitter.com/KtShy/status/804088708714692608
Love this style.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

look at that beautiful boy

also:

https://twitter.com/KtShy/status/804088708714692608
Love this style.

Katie's art is fun as hell, here's her silly and great fantasy webcomic!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Pacra posted:

V it's a girl :3

GREATJOB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

well why not posted:

I want to see the canon and sledgehammer do a fusion dance and have "sledgehammer golf" be the outcome.