Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

The difference between being a very good team and the best regular season team of all time is not letting the root beer barrel and company beat you at home. Second chance points was like 16-0 entering OT iirc

This year's Warrior team is unequivocally worse than last year's and they were a Bogut injury away from keeping the gang together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Cool Buff Man posted:

Ever since Dejan called him Snowboardin Eric Gordon i've liked him more

Lol

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Superstar attention

https://twitter.com/JoeOsterndorf/status/804508991137153024?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
lol "that left hand to the elbow-face" reggie miller is 15 different kinds of stupid
https://streamable.com/ljp0

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I feel bad that NOP didn't get to see the best from Eric Gordon.

Though now that he's on the Rockets I look forward to him and Harden fueding.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Alternative reason. It's the Nets

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

I hope you and your dad have a good time.

Thanks Nick! We had an awesome time. My takeaways:

- Klay and Steph are trash
- Everyone who lives basketball absolutely must see KD live at least once. Holy poo poo. Best player I've ever seen in person.
- Harden didn't even seem to play well and then oh triple double
- Every time I see Klay in person, my immediate impression is how overrated hid defense is. Dude was sleep walking for the first 3 possessions of the game and never recovered
- Those two phantom fouls on Curry in the 2nd quarter really affected the game, but still Steph is trash

On TNT did they show the little dancing kid who was hyping the crowd from courtside all game? Dude was hyped as gently caress all the way through 2OT even though it was 11pm by the end.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
The Warriors should see how many firsts it would take to trade for Noel

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

And Nerlens helps them how? Seriously, Nerlens is bad at passing, and is an ok defender. Sure he may be better in the future, but that's not what the warriors need.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I feel bad that NOP didn't get to see the best from Eric Gordon.

Though now that he's on the Rockets I look forward to him and Harden fueding.

We saw it in bursts. Same as with Anderson. It was just never sustained.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Dexo posted:

Alternative reason. It's the Nets

Top 10 in PER for the year. The underrated story with Giannis is he has turned into a defensive force. 3rd in steals, 5th in blocks, near the top in advanced defensive stats.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The warriors have gone from the 5th best defensive team in the league to the 21st.

:laffo:

e: Also draymond if a loving weirdo mouth breather.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 2, 2016

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Papercut posted:

- Harden didn't even seem to play well and then oh triple double

It's funny, he's always been like that. I went to an ASU game in 2008 and he didn't stand out that much but it turns out he had scored like 30 points.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
It is like 1000x times more fun to be a Rockets fan this year than it was last year. When the team is clicking they can beat anyone in the NBA. In a similar vein, whenever they aren't clicking they can lose to any team in the NBA, so every game is an adventure! I'm still expecting the bottom to fall out when Anderson and Gordon inevitably get injured, but at least Dekker and Harrell look like they belong in an NBA team's rotation.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Space Camp fuckup posted:

It's funny, he's always been like that. I went to an ASU game in 2008 and he didn't stand out that much but it turns out he had scored like 30 points.

Scoring 30 shooting <40% from the field but getting >10 points from the line should be named "The Harden" at this point if it isn't already.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I got an email today with a survey about ticket interest in this year's All Star weekend. Along with it came the prices. So, in case anyone here is planning on going, here is some information for planning your budget:

Saturday: $125-700
Sunday: $250-1,000

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Sheriff posted:

It is like 1000x times more fun to be a Rockets fan this year than it was last year. When the team is clicking they can beat anyone in the NBA. In a similar vein, whenever they aren't clicking they can lose to any team in the NBA, so every game is an adventure! I'm still expecting the bottom to fall out when Anderson and Gordon inevitably get injured, but at least Dekker and Harrell look like they belong in an NBA team's rotation.

Last year it felt like if Harden didn't score 35 it was a guaranteed loss, this season is definitely less stressful though they still can blow a game to anyone for sure

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ah man, last night Draymond kicked dickface Harden and I missed it because I was watching Celtic Women :(

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Vernon Maxwell is still awesome
https://twitter.com/VernonMaxwell11/status/804577050648571904

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Kibner posted:

I got an email today with a survey about ticket interest in this year's All Star weekend. Along with it came the prices. So, in case anyone here is planning on going, here is some information for planning your budget:

Saturday: $125-700
Sunday: $250-1,000

One of my coworkers won the company raffle for a free trip to the ASG and all of the events. He got to go last time it was in NO too :smith:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

One of my coworkers won the company raffle for a free trip to the ASG and all of the events. He got to go last time it was in NO too :smith:

The fix was in

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
The Rockets are going to win 50 games with a bottom 5 defense. I can't remember the last time that happened. I guess the closest was the 14-15 Raptors.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

straight up brolic posted:

The difference between being a very good team and the best regular season team of all time is not letting the root beer barrel and company beat you at home. Second chance points was like 16-0 entering OT iirc

This year's Warrior team is unequivocally worse than last year's and they were a Bogut injury away from keeping the gang together

The Glumslinger posted:

The Warriors won't win as many games, but it's December and it takes time for a team with such a big change to gel. Warriors will be just fine.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

I didn't get to go the first time because I didn't know about it, I didn't want to spend the money + had prior obligations the last time it was here, but I've been saving and letting people know that I am going this time and nothing will stop me.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

EvanTH posted:

lol "that left hand to the elbow-face" reggie miller is 15 different kinds of stupid
https://streamable.com/ljp0

Did Houston forget to pack jersey's and have to use some Miami Heat ones they had laying around?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Athanatos posted:

Did Houston forget to pack jersey's and have to use some Miami Heat ones they had laying around?

Yeah they're pretty bad

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Ever since Dejan called him Snowboardin Eric Gordon i've liked him more

This is a wonderful nickname.

The Rockets don't win that game yesterday without him, other than maybe one hiccup his shot selection and timing was really solid in the 4th and beyond.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/Money23Green/status/804599665177948160

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Kibner posted:

We saw it in bursts. Same as with Anderson. It was just never sustained.

It's just a thing with New Orleans. Get some talent on your team and watch as they spend their entire contract battling with injuries only to leave and have immediate success on another team once they've healed up.

Anderson, Gordon, CP3, Chandler, West. I'm sure when AD leaves us he'll become the MVP and immediately win a ring after playing all 82 games or some poo poo.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

straight up brolic posted:

They started pretty slow and are having a few issues but I don't think it's anything they can't work through.

And they still have a better SRS than last year.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

dokmo posted:

The Rockets are going to win 50 games with a bottom 5 defense. I can't remember the last time that happened. I guess the closest was the 14-15 Raptors.

Id have to think the Mavs had a year like that during their 50 win streak

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Bashez posted:

They started pretty slow and are having a few issues but I don't think it's anything they can't work through.

Seriously, it's an early December game, who cares about the outcome? They're fine. KD was basically playing alone the entire first half and I seriously doubt Patrick McCaw and company are going to be playing significant minutes in the playoffs.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

On the one hand, yeah. The refs are biased on the basis of reputation, good or bad, and Draymond has a bad one. On the other hand, stop hitting dicks and axe kicking people it's extremely easy to not do. I don't do it all day!

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

Hey Buff Man as a fellow Celtics fan what do you think about Marcus Smart?

I love his grit and grind but I'm getting worried that his offensive game isn't developing enough.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DeimosRising posted:

On the one hand, yeah. The refs are biased on the basis of reputation, good or bad, and Draymond has a bad one. On the other hand, stop hitting dicks and axe kicking people it's extremely easy to not do. I don't do it all day!

Exactly. He's marked because he earned the reputation and continues to live up to it, the moron.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Good Work You Get An HIV posted:

Hey Buff Man as a fellow Celtics fan what do you think about Marcus Smart?

I love his grit and grind but I'm getting worried that his offensive game isn't developing enough.

He does kinda seem destined to end up with the Grizz.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Bashez posted:

Lockback posted:

The Warriors won't win as many games, but it's December and it takes time for a team with such a big change to gel. Warriors will be just fine.
Yes, they are a very good team and will probably win the championship. The point is that last year's team was the best regular season team of all time. This is not that.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Sheriff posted:

agreed with all of this.

Also, I'm fairly impressed with Houston's start. Record aside, they've played one of the toughest SOS so far and most road games in the league, including the current lovely 8 day road trip of Sacramento, Portland, Utah, GSW, Denver.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Agreed about being impressed so far

I'm not even going to get mad when they get smoked tonight since it's the second game of a back to back at altitude after playing a double overtime game on the road against the best team in the league the night before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Intruder posted:

Agreed about being impressed so far

I'm not even going to get mad when they get smoked tonight since it's the second game of a back to back at altitude after playing a double overtime game on the road against the best team in the league the night before

Yeah. I went in with pretty muted expectations this year and just hoped for a fun to watch team who was maybe slightly dangerous. I think thats what they are so far, so sure. At least it isn't the joyless hell that was last season.

• Locked thread