Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope Ferrari wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/wtf1couk/status/804693427363397633

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

1500quidporsche posted:

Lowe really is Newey's equal if not better at this point. Newey has always felt like a spent force to me, particularly towards the end of the Vettelreich

I thought the Merc was designed mainly by Aldo Costa, not Lowe?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I wonder how loving pissed Lewis is that he's never going to be able to take Nico's title back from him

Also if Lewis/Ocon/Pascal doesn't run #0 in 2017 than F1 is dead

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

All I'm saying is that Tony Stewart just freed up his schedule............. ...... ...

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

"Nico Rosberg: A classy move from a classy man"

This is the title of an article that you should not read and that I will not link here.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

kidcoelacanth posted:

All I'm saying is that Tony Stewart just freed up his schedule............. ...... ...

Nah, he's to old. He'd be good for endurance but really that's it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

kidcoelacanth posted:

He couldn't fit into a modern f1 car lmao

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

Also if Lewis/Ocon/Pascal doesn't run #0 in 2017 than F1 is dead

Are you allowed to under current rules?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Norns posted:

If you're trying to dissuade my joke post this is having the opposite effect

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Norns posted:

Just make the tub wider like they did for AJ Foyt before he retired.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
At least now Nico can realize his true calling:

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
I don't think it will be Wehrlein, as that won't help them secure another WCC, they are going to want an experienced driver.

Alonso would be the best choice, but putting him with Lewis again? I don't know.....

Vettel might quit Ferrari too....

Also, Ron Dennis to Ferrari?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

"Nico Rosberg: A classy move from a classy man"

This is the title of an article that you should not read and that I will not link here.

J....Joe....?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

1500quidporsche posted:

Lowe really is Newey's equal if not better at this point. Newey has always felt like a spent force to me, particularly towards the end of the Vettelreich

Do you not remember the RB9 walking away from other cars even when they had their DRS open?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MustardFacial posted:

At least now Nico can realize his true calling:

:vince:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Sulman posted:

Do you not remember the RB9 walking away from other cars even when they had their DRS open?

I remember it consistently struggling with tires until Red Bull bitched loud enough to get the compound changed to what they wanted.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

For the love of god Mercedes, make this happen.

:circlefap:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Dare I say Button to Merc?

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Alain Post posted:

I wonder how loving pissed Lewis is that he's never going to be able to take Nico's title back from him

Lewis won't care, he already has 2 more WDCs than he does and knows full well he would have won the title were it not for reliability issues.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MZ posted:

Lewis won't care, he already has 2 more WDCs than he does and knows full well he would have won the title were it not for reliability issues.

I didn't know Lewis was an Autosport poster.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

MZ posted:

I don't think it will be Wehrlein, as that won't help them secure another WCC, they are going to want an experienced driver.

Alonso would be the best choice, but putting him with Lewis again? I don't know.....

Vettel might quit Ferrari too....

Also, Ron Dennis to Ferrari?

Fast Heikki to Mercedes confirmed?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Remember when Lewis was really bad at the start of the year and had a bunch of bad starts? IMO, he should have done less of this

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Alain Post posted:

Remember when Lewis was really bad at the start of the year and had a bunch of bad starts? IMO, he should have done less of this

So many people act like he's this brilliant genius driver and convenient leave out he's able to drive like total dog poo poo for long stretches of time. I started watching in 2011 and my opinion is that he's a fairly bad driver.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Alain Post posted:

Yes but you see the reliability

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Too busy filming cameos for Call of Duty and getting involved with celebrity culture probably. No focus

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Genius driver!

*Crashes into Massa for six consecutive races*

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

julian assflange posted:

Yes but you see the reliability

One engine failure during a race. Lmfao.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Lewis twitter radio silence.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

He was also poor during the final part of the European leg. The engine failure hurt him, but his relatively poor performances this season put him in a "must win" situation. His starts were also really poo poo. I witnessed it firsthand in Japan.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Dec 2, 2016

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Schumacher retired, came back, retired again then got brain damage.

So maybe that will happen to Nico? :shrug: we can only speculum.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Alain Post posted:

Red Bull's main problem they will be faceing in the 2017 Formula One season is that both of their drivers are insanely bad and I want them both to suffer

I can't understand how a person can hold this opinion. Am I not autistic enough?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Schumacher retired, came back, retired again then got brain damage.

So maybe that will happen to Nico? :shrug: we can only speculum.

Outrageously selfish from Nico, he should at least share one of these life experiences with Max.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
One is a child that got promoted for marketing reasons and the other is Mark Webber Mk2.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alain Post posted:

Red Bull's main problem they will be faceing in the 2017 Formula One season is that both of their drivers are insanely bad and I want them both to suffer

Hmm... yes. Red Bull is poo poo despite taking 2nd in WCC, 3rd in WDC, and nearly 4th in WDC because

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
What a team player Nico is. Got mine bitches good luck with those rule changes. loving wanker. That said I am happy he has hosed off. Please oh please don't let them roll him out as a 'pundit' I am looking at you sky sports.

Button to merc makes sense. Great development driver and great racer in the same team is happy tissues time!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Pirate Radar posted:

I can't understand how a person can hold this opinion. Am I not autistic enough?

He hates the young. Don't worry about it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

He hates the young. Don't worry about it.

Why did people start to hate Max anyway? Yeah he's an aggressive as gently caress driver but off the course he seems cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

iospace posted:

Why did people start to hate Max anyway? Yeah he's an aggressive as gently caress driver but off the course he seems cool.

• Locked thread