Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Orv posted:

An email called "This Was Illegal Last Year!" is not a stunning way to get me to invest in your company Crowfall guys.

I did not get the illegal email :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Orv posted:

An email called "This Was Illegal Last Year!" is not a stunning way to get me to invest in your company Crowfall guys.

Quick! Before the government changes their minds!!! :20bux::20bux::20bux::20bux::20bux:

Capntastic posted:

I did not get the illegal email :(

You have to sell more space jpgs before they consider you shady enough.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
does m,y early bird package get me any shares

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Blazing Zero posted:

does m,y early bird package get me any shares

I'm willing to share some week old pumpkin pie with you

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/14409-crowfall-pve-pvp-potential-horde-mode/

Lol which one of you wrote this?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Is there any reason to read more than the first paragraph of that?

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

SweetBro posted:

Is there any reason to read more than the first paragraph of that?

The what the game really needs tho is horde mode tho. :allears:

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

http://crowfall.com/en/news/coming-soon-to-big-world/

Looks like rudimentary world hopping, a fake Eternal Kingdom you can drop buildings into with your pals, and item banking (I think?) as well as custom body crafting, all gonna be in soon.

The pace these guys keep churning poo poo out at is impressive.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Capntastic posted:

http://crowfall.com/en/news/coming-soon-to-big-world/

Looks like rudimentary world hopping, a fake Eternal Kingdom you can drop buildings into with your pals, and item banking (I think?) as well as custom body crafting, all gonna be in soon.

The pace these guys keep churning poo poo out at is impressive.

:bisonyes:

We got some resources to collect; I'm excited to test again so soon :D

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Oh god, i can dig up body parts from cemeteries and make new bodies :awesome:

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Patch notes are up, BIG changes for this weekend!

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/14460-patch-notes-december-02-2016/#entry305605

A lot of behind the scenes stuff is done for necromancy but the recipes themselves aren't activated for players. Some of the component recipes under alchemy are activated.

Sounds like a fair bit of server optimizations, a shot in the dark for the crafting take bug, and a lot of logging for crafting take if that doesn't work.

Group ore/stone nodes now drop much more/better stuff, and also gems/minerals you can't get anywhere else (not sure if those have a use atm).
Beneficial harvest now pops when you finish any node, not just ore nodes.
Knotwood makes knotwood planks which has no stats but meets the requirements of being wood, instead of making oak planks.
Basic weapons sound like they've been nerfed.
Non-basic armor don't have damage debuffs anymore. Some abilities for classes intended to wear armor now require armor to use (usually gloves and helmet, a couple abilities require boots). Beefier classes tend to have more armor requirements.
Skill tree prerequisites are implemented & working now, so you can't just randomly train advanced skills (that aren't implemented yet & don't appear to do anything lol) until you meet the prereqs.
Leatherworking, woodworking, runeworking, !!!mass production!!! trees have been added, have basic crafting as prereqs. Basic crafting tree has been improved. Blacksmithing now has basic crafting tree prereqs.
Empty chests are scattered throughout the world to let you trade without corpses lol.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

I'll probably roll a confessor tonight so if anyone wants to make a new stooge we can be new together

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

quote:

Myrmidon - Net Pull no longer requires the target be rooted with Cast Net.

Mino got a buff.. :pusheen:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
When is this game close enough to release that I should begin paying attention to it? I bought into it a long time ago and sort of forgot for awhile.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I wouldn't even think about it until mid 2017

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Well thanks for the updates anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic about this game but after the flaming cluster gently caress of Archeage and then the wet pants-poo poo of Albion I'm not putting money into anything until I see a finished product anymore.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
At the rate they're putting big world updates, I can see them turning on persistence Q1 2017.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
So uhhhh they might be nerfing durability damage on death in the near future. They did say that they're hoping to see more commerce soon but I think that unless a lot of people get a lot of skill levels pretty quick there's not going to be a lot of upside to it.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

30.5 Days posted:

I wouldn't even think about it until mid 2017

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

the forums for this game are the worst but boy oh boy does the game look halfway not vaporware. im getting dangerously optimistic

not enough to spend anymore money on it but still :peanut:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Blazing Zero posted:

the forums for this game are the worst but boy oh boy does the game look halfway not vaporware. im getting dangerously optimistic

All MMO forums are roiling cess pits as long as the game is kicking.

I remain cautiously optimistic while clutching my wallet.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Blazing Zero posted:

You know what this open world pvp game reeeaaly needs? Instanced, stay with me, dungeons. -forums

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

If they instance anything, I'm done. Instances ruined MMOs.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

It was a joke the devs have no interest in instancing

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

player posted:

despite patch notes you still get stamina restore while harvesting with a campfire

https://youtu.be/gWOm0Te1DyY

dev posted:

Believe it or not this is one of the best bugs of the weekend we have looked at so far! It may seem small but uncovered that the tag optimizations we did last week (a very low level change) had broken every proc in the game (which has any number of broken combat powers, since mechanically we use procs on every single archetype for one reason or another, especially passives.) It also uncovered thousands of objects eating server memory, and finally the food passive turning off the stamina disable because of the food ticks.

The video really helped us reproduce the steps and the type of item used! (because it was only broken with the food campfire and not the baseline campfire, without the video we might have put the bug in the unable to reproduce pile simply because your description doesn't mention it being the food campfire and it works fine with the baseline campfire.)

fuckin video games man

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Crow are you all doing today?

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Capntastic posted:

Crow are you all doing today?

My day is not too croooowable.

Pimps up crows down.

https://youtu.be/UE5_pt4Uvu4

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Doggir posted:

My day is not too croooowable.

Pimps up crows down.

https://youtu.be/UE5_pt4Uvu4

Cawsome!! :crow:

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
How do I break it to these guys that "campaigns" are instances?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SweetBro posted:

How do I break it to these guys that "campaigns" are instances?

its like opting into a board game while anothe group are playing another board game

instances would be much smaller, like dungeons and lobbies in mmos

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

its like opting into a board game while anothe group are playing another board game

instances would be much smaller, like dungeons and lobbies in mmos

is the distinction that important? the game world is an instance, a part in a game world is an instance. everything is instanced and illusion made up by our senses. namaste

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I think the campaigns are more like servers. It used to be that a server was a piece of hardware, but pretty much all game servers are virtual servers these days so the contrast with an instance is murkier. In general instances in an MMO are bound to a player, or group of players, and are created or destroyed dependent on their presence. Servers are spawned by the devs, and just sit there accepting players whether or not any are on.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Please.

Call them shards.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I assume that once you are in a campaign you are semi locked in. Campaign s also last longer than anything that would be called an instance.
I also assume you can have 100 people in one place instead of a group getting their private farm zone instance.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
If you think about it Eve is just one big instance with smaller instances inside it

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

30.5 Days posted:

If you think about it Eve is just one big instance with smaller instances inside it

reply is not edit

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

30.5 Days posted:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

eSporks posted:

I assume that once you are in a campaign you are semi locked in. Campaign s also last longer than anything that would be called an instance.
I also assume you can have 100 people in one place instead of a group getting their private farm zone instance.

Serious answer:
Campaigns will have loot rules both in and out, so you can only really cash out at the end.
You can fight a war on multiple fronts but you can only really keep the resources in each war.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

The best part of the embargo mechanic is that if you have 100 items stockpiled in your vault and your faction loses the war, you lose a percentage of it at random- but that percentage can be reduced if you "kneel" to the winning faction and get branded as a loser of that campaign permanently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Capntastic posted:

The best part of the embargo mechanic is that if you have 100 items stockpiled in your vault and your faction loses the war, you lose a percentage of it at random- but that percentage can be reduced if you "kneel" to the winning faction and get branded as a loser of that campaign permanently

Thats kinda neat and deals with the issue of "Foregone conclusions" being drawn out, all the losers can kneel to get out with more stuff