Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

myDad

ce n'est pas ma mère
those are some good reasons

despite increasing development costs for AAA titles it's cool that the barrier to entry has lowered so we end up with some independent gems now & again

sig by vanisher™®

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao

There'a also the point that nearly every game has between 20-100's of dollars worth of dlc these days which wasn't the case in earlier eras.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

provided the initial offering was worth the price of entry i have no problem with the proliferation of dlc as a means to make a game more profitable

horse armor uber alles

poverty goat

Vynar posted:

Eh both make good stuff now a days. But NVidia sells much better even when they are behind. People just buy NVidia.

I've vacillated between nvidia and ATI AMD since my radeon 32DDR and there has always been some stupid driver problem or weird edge case I happen to fall into that never gets fixed and drives me back to nvidia. there was a stupid cursor corruption bug only for multimonitor setups in the ATI drivers for like 5 years in and around the 5850 that they refused to acknowledge and would lock reports about without reply. the solution was to leave the windows magnifier app open but minimized and it'd stop :downs:

that said I got a good deal on a r9 390 when doom forced me to upgrade so I'm back to ATI AMD and I've yet to have any issues so maybe they have put that poo poo behind them

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 1, 2016

Senior Management

I like that AMD drivers let me manually limit tessellation at least. High levels of tessellation beyond much if any visual difference is found in a lot of gameworks options. It tanks frames but does so a lot harder on AMD than NVidia. But in my experience NVidia gets you faster driver updates for new triple A games while AMD gives you better long term support. Current AMD stuff is better in DX12 but there are not many DX12 games out yet. But really both have good products now just have to compare cards case by case based on your price range. In the end though NVidia sells much better regardless of quality and AMD does not make much money even when ahead.

:jerry:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
It sounds like you guys are talking about star wars droids.

In my day I'd buy computer games, spend hours installing them and then realize my PC clone couldn't actually run them.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

time to install beneath a steel sky

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Bo-Pepper posted:

My first point-and-click adventure. Pretty fun! I'm excited for you.

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
You're gonna love Joey... such a lovable friend.

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Bo-Pepper posted:

yessssss

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
I had a pirate game for the TI that had a cassette tape you would play for sound effects, but the TI had color because instead of a monitor you plugged it into a small tv.

Also I remember beating the first Might and Magic and getting to the Inner Sanctum and all I got was a message of congratulations and an address I could mail a letter to saying I'd beat it. I was so disappointed I never mailed the letter.

Scaly Haylie

Luvcow posted:

It sounds like you guys are talking about star wars droids.

In my day I'd buy computer games, spend hours installing them and then realize my PC clone couldn't actually run them.

Do you mean Star Wars Droid Works?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Lizard Wizard posted:

Do you mean Star Wars Droid Works?

I wish

Years ago I could keep up in the computer lingo (by years I mean the late 80s and early 90s) now I am just an old hobo who is confused by the young whipper snapper chat

Piso Mojado

Luvcow posted:

I wish

Years ago I could keep up in the computer lingo (by years I mean the late 80s and early 90s) now I am just an old hobo who is confused by the young whipper snapper chat

Fyi hobo means "hotel boner" now. (when you get a boner at a hotel)

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
me after eating ice cream

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Senior Management

So Eve has a free to play mode now which means that I could obsess over planing a skill tree except that my man I have not touched in 3 years is pretty much out of free to play trainable skills. I guess I could do a free to play character and actually learn how to play. Though all my better judgment is telling me that this would be a terrible idea.

myDad

ce n'est pas ma mère
EVE is cool, but it's kinda like having a part time job with no pay

sig by vanisher™®

Shaquin
EvE's aesthetic is so sick

Shaquin
I was only in it when there was a more bustling low sec community to be a scumsuckin space highwaymen with with a band of other idiots.

Senior Management

My rl friend told me to play with him in the wormhole places so I decided to join him even though I did not do much. I was in the wormhole space group for over a year and made sure that I never ever learned how to scan. I never once scanned an exit. It was a matter of pride to reveal when I stopped playing that I never contributed. I did shoot some sleepers though and some mans a few times. I was never online when people fought other people. Shooting people is fun and now you do not lose skill points for dieing and forgetting to pay the tax. I need to find an overview that lets me acquire targets less slowly than a glacier moves. Making safe spots was a hassle though.

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
eve has sucked since all pvp has turned into blob v blob warfare, or trying to discern if the small gang your small gang ran into it just going to cyno in a blob

god i miss small gang pvp.

Vynar posted:

So Eve has a free to play mode now which means that I could obsess over planing a skill tree except that my man I have not touched in 3 years is pretty much out of free to play trainable skills. I guess I could do a free to play character and actually learn how to play. Though all my better judgment is telling me that this would be a terrible idea.

yeah like i could go train some basic amarr or caldari skills maybe but i don't give a poo poo about their stupid boats

----------------

Senior Management

So it turns out that my dude has over 36 million skill points and my other man has 29 million but 25 mil of it are in space ship command and gunnery. And Another 2 mil in engineering. The other man is comically lacking necessary skills. I assume I was going to make a dread pilot at some point but gave up. I guess I spent most of my time not having time to play in school but training things. This is a bad idea and I should uninstall right now then set my computer on fire. I already don't have time for so many games I want to play.

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

Pomp posted:

eve has sucked since all pvp has turned into blob v blob warfare, or trying to discern if the small gang your small gang ran into it just going to cyno in a blob

god i miss small gang pvp.

yeah like i could go train some basic amarr or caldari skills maybe but i don't give a poo poo about their stupid boats

Last time I played groon was starting up small gang poo poo again.

----------------

poverty goat

i have a couple of really great eve guys that will never log in ever again no matter how free it is

Barnes And Body Works

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:
I'm playing Animal Crossing and Pokemon Moon now!

Vanisher made my super slick sig.

Piso Mojado

Barnes And Body Works posted:

That must be tough to play them at the same time. you must be leet

Moola

Barnes And Body Works posted:

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
I wish, friend.

----------------

Rushi

by Smythe
okay i'm just gonna admit it here i haven't played undertale yet but i am soon ok

----------------

Subjunctive

✨sparkle and shine✨

Rushi posted:

okay i'm just gonna admit it here i haven't played undertale yet but i am soon ok

same. we'll be undertale-but-later buddies

Moola

Rushi posted:

I also haven't and would like to fren

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

you all should it's wonderful

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

I want to learn how to play hearts of iron 4 but it's a lot to take in. seems like a p chill game with lots of options and charts, but you could also just lay back and watch time go by.

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

symbolic

Rushi posted:

Bo-Pepper posted:

you all should it's wonderful

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete

Rushi posted:

Subjunctive posted:

same. we'll be undertale-but-later buddies

just ignore the incredible amount of hype and you'll probably love it

symbolic

bare bottom pancakes posted:

just ignore the incredible amount of hype and you'll probably love it
i dove right in high on the hype, and whelp, look at me now :v:

Urodov

i'm ashamed to admit i still haven't quite 100%'d undertale
that boss is really something
you know the one

Ãèáåëü â ìîðñêîé âîëíå,                                                                                                спасибо, Слагнойд-кун!
èëè ñâîáîäó

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i was perfectly fine leaving the game where it was without pursuing the path to that boss

Piso Mojado

I have owned Undertale for so long but haven't played it either. maybe over break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Don't mind me, no spoilers here. Nope.

Here, watch this instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITfKaUFfx7g

Munchables fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 5, 2016