Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

I really dig the last panel + alt text combo :)

agreed, average achewood, great panel+alt-text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
reminded me of this one:

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09022005

love the wheelchair with the ball and chain.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Aaaany chance on alt text post?

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Paramemetic posted:

Aaaany chance on alt text post?

"Autoerotic asphyxiation is clearly such a deeply burned neurological pathway in Todd's mind that there's no way he stutters it"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Seldom Posts posted:

"Autoerotic asphyxiation is clearly such a deeply burned neurological pathway in Todd's mind that there's no way he stutters it"

Without the alt text, I would have been much more disappointed with the comic.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Yeah, it's a really good alt text for an otherwise mediocre strip. Anything will seem pretty poor in comparison to Ray jumping over a wheelchair while yelling "DAAAAMMMNNN!", though.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

trigger warning jokes are tacky trash, but that top-right panel is fun

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Leroy Dennui posted:

Yeah, it's a really good alt text for an otherwise mediocre strip. Anything will seem pretty poor in comparison to Ray jumping over a wheelchair while yelling "DAAAAMMMNNN!", though.

I like Ray jumping strips.

LordSaturn posted:

trigger warning jokes are tacky trash, but that top-right panel is fun

Paleo is a weak target too.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I don't know exactly why, but the "corpulent women" panel is hilarious to me.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

prefect posted:

Nothing makes any sense in that strip and I love it. That panel is definitely where the nonsense peaks.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

prefect posted:

Denise

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
This was a good and funny Achewood; all things are grist for humor edutainment.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
It's me, I'm the goon offended by trigger warning jokes but not by "bitches gotta take their oval office pills"

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

horse mans posted:

It's me, I'm the goon offended by trigger warning jokes but not by "bitches gotta take their oval office pills"

I mean, it's for their own good, I bet Todd would be an awful father.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

horse mans posted:

No one was offended, it just isn't funny.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

bongwizzard posted:

I mean, it's for their own good, I bet Todd would be an awful father.

todd would totally let you peel out in the van while drinking a beer at age 12.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Sucking dick bought this van

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
the parts with todd and ray were really good, I didn't the the other panels where the author gave his unironic views on social justice and safe spaces and all that

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

chunkles posted:

todd would totally let you peel out in the van while drinking a beer at age 12.

See, that would be a bad father but an excellent uncle.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I thought it was fine, it doesn't really say, "those dumb kids wanna censor the universities!" or anything. If anything it seems like a slightly self-lampooning strip that doesn't come down firmly one way or the other. The joke isn't really at the expense of safe spaces or whatever so much as it's at the expense of Todd, who is an awful man.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Old weed man bad at jokes now

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
we didn't get a conclusion to last week's thrilling cliffhanger

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
It's exactly as unfunny as anyone else who's ever tried to roll over and apologize for Having Been Problematic while still staying on brand.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

It's funny how some people are reading this as an attack against "political correctness gone mad!" and others are reading it as as a weak-eyed capitulation to the New Order. I don't think it's strongly throated enough to be either, it's more sort of a bemused acknowledgement of change.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

it's not like it's hard to make a cutting crack about microaggressions or whatever if you want to stick it to those college kids but it's not it's just "what if a web crawler... was an actual spider? On the world wide web?? eh?" for 2016, that the usual suspects are anxious to be very clearly seen as dourly unamused by

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 3, 2016

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Holy poo poo I wish people would ban jokes about social justice stuff so I never had to read anything like this page ever again

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
"I'm not triggered! I'm not triggered!", I continue to insist as I get offended by Achewood making fun of safe spaces

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
"Close calls from the auto-erotic asphyxiation scene" is prime Achewood and I want a subscription to Todd's safe zone

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I would, honestly, subscribe to basically anything Todd-oriented, and my Youtube recommendations tend to reflect this

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
The Portland-based artisanal soda craftsman writes a cartoon about paleo diets and trigger warnings, the snake eats its own tail.

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

"I'm not triggered! I'm not triggered!", I continue to insist as I get offended by Achewood making fun of safe spaces

Nailed it.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm not offended, but I wish we would've gotten a good Achewood instead of this.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
between this and the forum on weed jokes that gets hosted every other achewood comic we are inevitably drawn to the enduring question: are achewood fans too smart?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

I don't know why but my favorite "flashback to adolescence" Achewood was the one from eight years ago where Roast Beef accidentally grabs a Playgirl out of the skin-mag cabinet at Waldenbooks and the employee who catches him tries to be understanding about Beef's emerging homosexuality. I guess partly for the intensely awkward story and partly because one of the cover headlines on the Playgirl is Ten Things to Do.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

"gently caress oval office-rear end poo poo zones what ain't safe" is exactly as funny as "Hate is a Fag," the Achewood Community College course offered on Thursdays.

Which is to say, very funny; if you don't get the joke of Todd, of all loving characters, being the curator of safe spaces in a comic in which semaphore signals were once offered for blind readers, then... I don't want to eat nachos with you, I guess, not without something on TV that would keep you from talking too much.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hm, yes, cheap laughs are good

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I don't know lizard wizard, which laughs did you find cheap

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
i thought the comic was good

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Tarranon posted:

I don't know lizard wizard, which laughs did you find cheap

I was more referring to "hate is a fag". Seems like it leans a bit too much on shock value.

Having reread Friday's strip, though, it's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

There are too many words in the comic and not enough funny things.