Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Lungboy posted:

I'm looking at a Warchief totem guide and it takes Resolute Technique. Does that have any effect on my totems? I can't see the point.

It uses your weapon, therefore is affected by accuracy.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

But surely the servers can handle 12k players at any one time right? I would be surprised if any of the first 20k players in the queue would have to actually wait once the servers are back up

But I want to be the first person to rip to Hillock!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Ok I decided on ED/Contagion Occultist. Anyone have any last-minute tips?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

peak debt posted:

I'd think it has exactly the effect you'd expect? They stop missing but can't crit anymore.

whypick1 posted:

It uses your weapon, therefore is affected by accuracy.

Fair enough, the wording suggested it would only impact my hits. In other news I defragged my ggpk file and it made it 1.5gb smaller. What the hell?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
New HC ladder climbing marauder meta.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1775404

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Oh god my new SSD is wonderful, patch took 5 minutes instead of close to an hour :getin:

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
I'm thinking heavily about doing EQ, to avoid the Blade Flurry price insanity. Ideas?

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Is there room in the main guild when servers come up or are goons still zerging on leagues?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Lungboy posted:

I'm looking at a Warchief totem guide and it takes Resolute Technique. Does that have any effect on my totems? I can't see the point.

RT is pretty much required for non crit melee. Like whypick said, totems use your stats so unless you are running a crit staff warchief build not having to get a ton of dex and accuracy makes gearing a lot easier. Not hitting is not doing damage.

And wtf chrome remote desktop, way to loving crash so I cant start patching while I am at work. :saddowns:

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Thinking about doing a caster for my league intro build. Guessing flameblast is a pretty safe starter? Or Ed/contagion I guess?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Akumos posted:

Is there room in the main guild when servers come up or are goons still zerging on leagues?

There were like 30 slots as of last night, and I'm sure there's some purge room available when I get home

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Tabletops posted:

Thinking about doing a caster for my league intro build. Guessing flameblast is a pretty safe starter? Or Ed/contagion I guess?

Both are very good starters.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
gently caress the flurry meta, I'm starting off with SRS. If they kept the relative damage the same versus a full stack, it'll be a fantastic leveling skill since they'll actually do substantial damage at lower levels.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

nightwisher posted:

gently caress the flurry meta, I'm starting off with SRS. If they kept the relative damage the same versus a full stack, it'll be a fantastic leveling skill since they'll actually do substantial damage at lower levels.

Yeah, there were a bunch of minion buffs that make SRS look even more powerful than last league. Also that flame golem buff doesn't affect SRS, necessarily, but it's a nice support buff

e: does flame golem benefit SRS??

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Jinnigan posted:

Yeah, there were a bunch of minion buffs that make SRS look even more powerful than last league. Also that flame golem buff doesn't affect SRS, necessarily, but it's a nice support buff

pretty sure a flame golem/srs build will be bananas

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Golems can only buff the player iirc. With the new jewels they look like a nice replacement for specters for those who don't want to fiddle with corpses (everyone)

..btt
Mar 26, 2008
flame golem looks pretty active though, would you have time to cast SRS?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

..btt posted:

flame golem looks pretty active though, would you have time to cast SRS?

You don't NEED to use the suicide bomb flame golem build ziggy was using. you can just roll with 3 or 4 perma flame golems and SRS the rest of the time

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I think if you were running both you would not use the jewel that gives a bonus when you re-summon the golems. Or you would just for the added aggression but not bother going for the re-summon bonus.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Jinnigan posted:

I believe the buff is passed onto them, but I'm not 100% certain.

SRS and flame golem synergize extremely well - they're both fire-based (throw added fire onto SRS to get mostly fire damage dealt) so are much easier to work in EE with for a big damage boost. My plan is to have a lot of castspeed so i can dump out 20 SRS super fast, replace any fire golems (will run 3 with the animus + 3 golem jewel combo), and run a 5L scorching ray setup in horror gloves. Wielding dual Scourges for a total of 320% minion damage, passed onto me. While the minions kill I can sweep with ray, which further reduces fire resist.

edit: quick and easy way to resummon 3+ golems = use cluster traps :v:

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

Jinnigan posted:

You don't NEED to use the suicide bomb flame golem build ziggy was using. you can just roll with 3 or 4 perma flame golems and SRS the rest of the time

Wouldn't the damage be bad without the 4s buff from resummoning? I guess maybe SRS could make up for it.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

..btt posted:

Wouldn't the damage be bad without the 4s buff from resummoning? I guess maybe SRS could make up for it.

SRS will make up for it tenfold.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Servers are open, but there are queues. About 200-300 players a second are getting through.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I forgot that PoE takes 15 minutes to patch :negative: gently caress

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Took me about 10 seconds on SSD, you should invest in one if you haven't already, it's the single biggest improvement to any system one can buy

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I think funman pointed this out already but to reiterate you could also run 3 of the increased effect of golem buff jewels and 3 chaos golems for an easy 20% physical damage resistance.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Took me about 10 seconds on SSD, you should invest in one if you haven't already, it's the single biggest improvement to any system one can buy

I play on my laptop because I am a fithy peasant who enjoys playing games on his couch. :qq:

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Most SSDs fit in laptops!

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

MMF Freeway posted:

I think funman pointed this out already but to reiterate you could also run 3 of the increased effect of golem buff jewels and 3 chaos golems for an easy 20% physical damage resistance.

The bonus doesn't stack though?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

fennesz posted:

I forgot that PoE takes 15 minutes to patch :negative: gently caress
Does anyone know why this is? It takes like 20 times as long for Steam to patch PoE compared to basically any other game.

Also I think for this league I'm gonna make an Arc Witch because gently caress the meta.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

nightwisher posted:

The bonus doesn't stack though?

Noooo. I guess that was probably too good to be true.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Does anyone know why this is? It takes like 20 times as long for Steam to patch PoE compared to basically any other game.

It has to unpack, patch and repack one enormous data file. It's stupid but I guess too hard to change now.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

RE: SRS fire golem builds

Anyone got a link to one? Bonus if it's budget or beginner friendly. It sounds like a rad build to play. I'm new to league starts though so not sure how to get rolling.. :(

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Zaekkor posted:

RE: SRS fire golem builds

Anyone got a link to one? Bonus if it's budget or beginner friendly. It sounds like a rad build to play. I'm new to league starts though so not sure how to get rolling.. :(

It's hardly as in depth as a forum thread but I'm planning to go off of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrBakQUxEDM

There's a passive tree in there and everything. SRS is budget and beginner friendly by default because all you really need is a +fire weapon. We'll just see how this primordial golem stuff affects the price of Clayshapers, but since nobody else uses them I doubt it will be too bad.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Anyone from the goon guild can invite? My char is NarwhalPancakes

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

YoungSexualNorton posted:

I'd do dual wield ele foils or ele claws with something like this tree. This is built for hardcore so you could probably drop some regen and life if you don't care about dying every once in a while.

Can you check that link, it doesn't work for me and seems too short. Thanks!

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

regulargonzalez posted:

Can you check that link, it doesn't work for me and seems too short. Thanks!

Yeah that link is no good.

You going HC again RG? I will be once I get home from work in a few hours. Still have not decided on warchief totems again or SRS into animate weapon.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Bugsy posted:

Yeah that link is no good.

You going HC again RG? I will be once I get home from work in a few hours. Still have not decided on warchief totems again or SRS into animate weapon.

Yep. I won't be on until about 1230 Mountain Time. I figure to play a lot more this league than I did in Atlas -- just had too much going on.

Thinking about going some kind of Trickster or Raider CI Molten Strike build. IDK, I like melee and CI is in such a good place right now compared to life.

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Dec 2, 2016

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
can i get a reinv FireBreachGyro

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

we'll see, tha racers are avoiding marauders for now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm going with the incredibly lame Neversink-esq Raider build for the time being. I don't have the willpower to do a ~zany build idea~ for my first character this league, only to abandon it with hardly any currency to show for it once I get to T5 maps.

• Locked thread