Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Luckily after crying about it like a big gay baby yesterday I've found new wind to break and stripping open the harness loom I found new confidence in the wiring. Master cylinder arrived too so brakes can be finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I've found new wind to break

Is Danno still alive? We all know what your output is like. :v:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I should stop running rich with a new sensor in the bung hole right? :v:

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Is Danno still alive? We all know what your output is like. :v:

Lol I threw my back out last week that kinda sidelined me and work kept me busy this week. Which is fine because it was a cold windy miserable bitch of a week.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer
I've also just finished catching up on this thread as well as the other one

:stare: for a full afternoon.

Seems like you are all pretty much set for money donations... maybe I can send 14" a carton or two of his preferred smokes? Cigs are cheap here.

kzersatz
Oct 13, 2012

How's it the kiss of death, if I have no lips?
College Slice
Donation made, get that shitbox rolling!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
You mean this Shitbox right

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Lookin MEAN!

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I like to think you're pounding a beer and taking that picture from your hip.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

14 BAR RIFF posted:

You mean this Shitbox right

:flashfap: that's a Cummins in an old Studebaker???? Or my phone has horrible display. But the set up of the intake and where the turbo is make a me think 12v Cummins. This is a high level of edging for me if I can't see more pics.

Edit: further oggling of the picture leads me to think old Ford body on dodge frame.

clam ache fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Dec 2, 2016

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Looks like a stude on a Dodge frame.

ausgezeichnet
Sep 18, 2005

In my country this is definitely not offensive!
Nap Ghost
Another C-note inbound to the cigarette and chicken fried steak fund. It's going to be a long drive to Florida.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

The body is a Studebaker for sure. Not sure it's been frame swapped though, guy never said anything about his trucks.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Bra-loving-vo. Nice and tight.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

clam ache posted:

:flashfap: that's a Cummins in an old Studebaker???? Or my phone has horrible display. But the set up of the intake and where the turbo is make a me think 12v Cummins. This is a high level of edging for me if I can't see more pics.

Edit: further oggling of the picture leads me to think old Ford body on dodge frame.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
What exactly is the legality of driving this thing anyway? Surely you cant just jump in and drive it, so whats required so you dont get pulled over and told to walk?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

What exactly is the legality of driving this thing anyway? Surely you cant just jump in and drive it, so whats required so you dont get pulled over and told to walk?

Why not? It's registered, tagged and insured?

Now, noise violations might be another story though. :v:

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

ExplodingSims posted:

Why not? It's registered, tagged and insured?

Now, noise violations might be another story though. :v:

I'm from Euroland where everything is different, but don't US vehicles need a periodical inspection to determine whether they're still somewhat roadworthy? Aside from the usual emissions standards and seatbelt/safety requirements that usually get waived for older vehicles, you can't take a car on the road here unless it's had a check for general integrity of brakes, drivetrain, suspension, etc etc etc.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Old Binsby posted:

I'm from Euroland where everything is different, but don't US vehicles need a periodical inspection to determine whether they're still somewhat roadworthy? Aside from the usual emissions standards and seatbelt/safety requirements that usually get waived for older vehicles, you can't take a car on the road here unless it's had a check for general integrity of brakes, drivetrain, suspension, etc etc etc.

Depends on the state. I don't think Florida does, and I'm assuming that's where Sims registered the truck.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Florida most certainly doesn't do inspections. As long as it's tagged, registered and insured it's good to go.

Which leads to some....interested contraptions being allowed on the road.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
In North America it can vary but things are usually very lax. Here in Ontario you only need to pass a safety when the vehicle is plated. Generally that's when you change owners (plates stay with the person), but you can register as "unfit" too. Once it's plated you never need to pass a safety again (assuming you continue to renew the registration and have insurance), and emissions tests are only required if you live in more urbanized areas of the province.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 2, 2016

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
It can even depend on the county or city. Davidson county in TN requires emission testing, Cheatham (neighboring county) does not. Shelby county used to not require, but Memphis (city, inside Shelby Co.) did, so if you were inside the city limits you had to have your car inspected, but if you lived out in the county you did not.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
:ssj:

:shepicide:

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Well, the more you know. I looked it up, it appears that vehicles over 50 years old also don't need inspections any more in the EU starting next year.

Also cabling looking way better than a couple updates ago!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I'm tellin' ya man, I can loving feel this thing getting close. You're almost there. Don't get in front of yourself and psych yourself out. Just one thing at a time until the next step is 'turn the key'. Once you hit that, the rest is just mechanical. Easy peasy.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I can only imagine the meta-Orgasmic feeling 14" will get when this fires up.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

cakesmith handyman posted:

I can only imagine the meta-Orgasmic feeling 14" will get when this fires up.

I am wayyyyy too eager about this project. I want the wiring to stay the same such that the speedo/indicators are riding shotgun all the way to Florida.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
That was the plan yes

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Old Binsby posted:

I though us works like mad max if you get hunted down ur hosed otherwise just drive whatver the gently caress you want to

No wait that's us, after they stopped the police forces couple years ago. I've driven my car with 1.5 promille drunk so many times It's stupid. I've seen the popo one time past 5 years.

hillo fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Dec 3, 2016

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Holy poo poo, stuff is happening. Keep it up!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

So I ordered headlights and new plugs off Amazon for the truck, but the pigtails were add-on, so I had to make my order over $25 to be able to get them.

Now Dave just told be he got:
1 Bag of licorice
2 Headlights
1 pigtail.

And I got an email from Amazon saying my package has been delayed.

They sent 1 pigtail by itself. :psypop:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I may have accidentally missapropriated a portion of the truck donations.

And this poo poo right here is what we call playing the long game.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

HI BRADY

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Djdanno, this is a very fine Chardonnay steak you're not having

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Hey now, Dan at least got a steak dinner out of one of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Lol, me and 14 have gave each other some meat a couple times already. I would take his meat this time but I've got a date with my wife tonight.

• Locked thread