Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Heads up to anyone who is going to play the TF2 free weekend. When/if you ever get through to download it, the game Origin prompts you to download it Titanfall, not Titanfall 2. Just farted around downloading and installing for an hour and didn't realize. You have to go into your Game Library and specify you want to download TF2. Why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009
Just want to step in and say if an enemy Tone drops its wall and you just stare at it in impotent frustration that's a pretty dumb move; you should be shooting it because it only absorbs a set amount of damage and the faster you shoot it the faster it's gone and you can go back to blowing up the robot. I win lots of 1v1 Tone duels because the other guy just stands there waiting.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah absolutely. It's very weird to see how many people just stand there once they throw a shield down or won't bother to shoot your shield. Are people under the impression it's a timed thing?

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

P-97 is the worst smel

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

Megamans jockstrap says it's badly designed and needs to be removed guys. I guess that's definitive proof!

he's right

in the mean time, if you can't beat em...

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Volcanic Vents posted:

Just want to step in and say if an enemy Tone drops its wall and you just stare at it in impotent frustration that's a pretty dumb move; you should be shooting it because it only absorbs a set amount of damage and the faster you shoot it the faster it's gone and you can go back to blowing up the robot. I win lots of 1v1 Tone duels because the other guy just stands there waiting.

Best idea is to hold off on your seeker missiles once you have a lock against a tone until they drop their particle wall, and make sure you drop yours early. One salvo should almost take out the shield on its own, and then you can get more locks and they can't and they'll be forced to run or die.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

You can shoot your missiles into the air and they will go over the wall.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

veni veni veni posted:

Not really. It's a fun Titan. just because you whine about it a lot doesn't make anything you say true.

No one said Tone isn't fun, the issue is Tone is too good and will bop any Titan and plow through Pilots with an upper hand. It's too good of a kit.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

pakman posted:

You can shoot your missiles into the air and they will go over the wall.

You want to destroy the wall so you can shoot them with your gun, allowing you to shoot even more missiles

Diabeesting
Apr 29, 2006

turn right to escape
All these Tone losers don't know that Ion with the 5split load out is hilarious. Like in LTS you just poke and prod with laser shot and then get behind them and empty your energy bar with charged fire and watch them melt. If you don't wildly top the damage numbers then you're doing it wrong. Plus it's basically impossible to miss pilots if you don't have enough energy for a laser shot

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Hey I just got this the other day and bt-7274 is my new best friend. How do I get good at moving around, on YouTube I see people just rocketing around like crazy without ever losing momentum. What gives. I'm on PS4 so I can't do mouse tricks.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

Hey I just got this the other day and bt-7274 is my new best friend. How do I get good at moving around, on YouTube I see people just rocketing around like crazy without ever losing momentum. What gives. I'm on PS4 so I can't do mouse tricks.

The floor is lava. No, really. That's the secret.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

The floor is lava. No, really. That's the secret.

Lava that you want to slide on for a split second to retain momentum.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Stan Taylor posted:

Lava that you want to slide on for a split second to retain momentum.

Yes? Can't you do that with lava? :downs:

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

here ya go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTXe8IDmmwk

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Watch all the Frothy videos, he doesn't scream, he doesn't do a funny voice, he just talks about stuff.

Consider using the Evolved layout, it's really good.

Start a Private Match on Drydock and practice your mobility there. It's got lots of open spaces but also good closed areas to practice your lines.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
How big was the volt nerf? Because I'm still using it and it seems just as effective.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

il serpente cosmico posted:

How big was the volt nerf? Because I'm still using it and it seems just as effective.
You're not the first person to say this, so probably not that big?

edit:

Senethro posted:

Well I guess it shows that Respawn were successful at creating a bond between pilot and titan if they've got people defending the honour of their favorite robot.
I'm getting a kick out of people referring to the individual titans as "he" and "she" and not "it."

Grey Fox fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Dec 2, 2016

koren
Sep 7, 2003

Utterly inconsequential. If there wasn't a patch note i'd assume nothing had changed.

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

Are you sure? Because I remember trying to use it as if its damage profile was still broken at super long ranges and they definitely seem to have fixed that as far as I could tell.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Grey Fox posted:

I'm getting a kick out of people referring to the individual titans as "he" and "she" and not "it."

:shrug: I just go by what the AI voice sounds like. I do miss Sid, Jeeves and Vanessa from T1 though.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I've mentioned this to people while playing, but Tone's melee execution looks like garbage. The jump-kick animation looks stilted and unfinished, and the whole thing looks really choppy to me (even though the concept of pulling the pilot out is cool).

My thought was that they originally had Tone using BT's melee execution from the campaign (BT suplexes the other titan and then fires a full salvo of shoulder rockets into it on the ground), but I'm not exactly sure why they would be switched. The suplex/rocket execution actually fits with Tone's motif, but it looks like it was switched at the last moment.

Tone's a bit of a hack-job anyway. ;)

Grey Fox posted:

edit:

They have male and female voices. And there are literally male/female versions of robot pilots.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I want Tone to be buffed because holy poo poo you babies

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah absolutely. It's very weird to see how many people just stand there once they throw a shield down or won't bother to shoot your shield. Are people under the impression it's a timed thing?
Personally I prefer to wait it out due to having the sort of luck when the enemy Titan will be one shot away from doomed, and the ammo counter is reading a big fat zero. Naturally I'm not standing there like a dumbass of course, there's always a corner or pubbie to hide behind while waiting. :argh:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm probably in the minority but I don't even use particle shield unless I'm blocking a core or running away and trying to cover a path behind me. Dropping a shirld to try and potshot with Tone seems counter intuitive.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

They have male and female voices. And there are literally male/female versions of robot pilots.
What happens when a male robot and a female robot love each other very much?

Nothing, because they're goddam robots.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The bond between pilot and titan is so strong that pilots send them out for 3 minutes just to have them blown up and then they order a new one.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Grey Fox posted:

in nipponese the word "ai" means "love"

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Watch all the Frothy videos, he doesn't scream, he doesn't do a funny voice, he just talks about stuff.

his videos are really informative and not only does he not scream etc, he has an outright pleasant voice to listen to

Wang
Apr 10, 2003

dance dance ferret revolution

Grey Fox posted:

My male pilot loves getting all up inside his female titan.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
It's kinda funny when someone mentions that one thing dominates in a game or is over-represented because it may be too strong and the response is "OMG YOU BABIES LOL GROW UP, L2P idiots, I hope they buff it more cause lol tears".

Anyway I've been using Tone for the last night and will continue to do so until its nerfed. I mean I'm still sitting at ~90% winrate playing almost entirely not tone, but losing that 10% of the time because I wouldn't stoop low enough to tone was weighing on my soul. Now I am beocme tone, destroyer of fun. I am also using the car, cloak, and satchels.

I've become something terrible.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Wazzit posted:

RE: Phase shift trails, I honestly don't see it. I gotta get my eyes checked maybe.

I think what it does is spawn a poof of particles at your location about a half second after you enter phase shift, which can give people a general indication of where you are going. 90% of the time I seem to be able to predict the general location where they will exit phase because of it.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I really miss the pilot ripping animations from Titanfall 1. Despite the flashiness of the executions in TF2, there is something to be said about the simplicity of them in TF1.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Knifegrab posted:

It's kinda funny when someone mentions that one thing dominates in a game or is over-represented because it may be too strong and the response is "OMG YOU BABIES LOL GROW UP, L2P idiots, I hope they buff it more cause lol tears".

Anyway I've been using Tone for the last night and will continue to do so until its nerfed. I mean I'm still sitting at ~90% winrate playing almost entirely not tone, but losing that 10% of the time because I wouldn't stoop low enough to tone was weighing on my soul. Now I am beocme tone, destroyer of fun. I am also using the car, cloak, and satchels.

I've become something terrible.

It's more that endless armchair game balancing gets old and accomplishes nothing. If people think Tone is that broken tweet at Respawn or just start using Tone themselves or something. 10 whiny rear end posts about Tone on every page isn't going to help it's just beating a dead horse.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
It's a discussion forum. It doesn't really have to accomplish anything. Many people are talking about it because there isn't anything else to talk about. Or, if one wants to talk about something else, they can easily bring it up.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

It's more that endless armchair game balancing gets old and accomplishes nothing. If people think Tone is that broken tweet at Respawn or just start using Tone themselves or something. 10 whiny rear end posts about Tone on every page isn't going to help it's just beating a dead horse.

god forbid people discuss the balance of the game Titanfall 2 in this, the Titanfall 2 Discussion Thread

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
what's the trick to winning a 1v1 fight with another titan when I'm a ronin? Every other titan I feel like I can outplay my opponent through positioning, but when I'm a ronin I have less HP than anything else and I have to get up in their face where they can just murder me. I also don't feel threatened by enemy ronin.

What's the deal?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Antoine Silvere posted:

god forbid people discuss the balance of the game Titanfall 2 in this, the Titanfall 2 Discussion Thread

Whoa, slow down there mister.....

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Sigma-X posted:

what's the trick to winning a 1v1 fight with another titan when I'm a ronin? Every other titan I feel like I can outplay my opponent through positioning, but when I'm a ronin I have less HP than anything else and I have to get up in their face where they can just murder me. I also don't feel threatened by enemy ronin.

What's the deal?

Ambush them from the side or back, unload your shotgun + arc, phase and reload, use dash to keep circling around their firing arc. Ronin is v. good against any other titan mano a mano except a scorch that remembers they have flame shield, which will wreck your poo poo.

I can also confirm that phase reflex + nuke is hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

This is how I end up using phase shift 99% of the time:
https://giant.gfycat.com/UnevenParchedCaimanlizard.mp4
I know there's no way I can kill more than 1 or 2 guys before they kill me so I just phase out, reload, then go back in. Basically it's a "get out of poo poo situation free" card.

I would like to see more of this. I'm pretty bad at Phase Shift, whenever I use it I try to use it as a panic button to get out of a fight but there's too much of a delay before you've shifted out, which is why I pretty much stick with stim since it heals you and makes you harder to hit. Phase shift is probably the most interesting class to make the most baller plays like flanking a whole team or jumping into a hardpoint. Would really like to see more posts like this.