Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The best thing about Supergirl is that she isn't bringing any baggage to this crossover. She's just a font of cheerful positivity to contrast everyone else's overbearing melodrama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Aphrodite posted:

Let's not infect Supergirl with Barry bullshit.

I'm imagining a world where they were together from the start and thus Barry never creates bullshit because he never gets the chance.

Oh hey, at least it looks like the crossover might have fixed Cisco.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

ComposerGuy posted:

Oh hey, at least it looks like the crossover might have fixed Cisco.

Seems like it. He had to gently caress up time himself in order to realize that oh, trying to do the right thing can have unforeseen consequences and that doesn't make you a monster. Oops!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Rhyno posted:

You're bad at opinions. The Flash is almost universally considered to have the second best collection of villains in all of comics.

I don't see how he could have the second best collection of villains when Batman and Spiderman both exist.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Spacebump posted:

I don't see how he could have the second best collection of villains when Batman and Spiderman both exist.

Batman only has one good villain.

It's Ra's al ghoul.

Superman has plenty of wonderfull villains, though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nah.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Batman has a really good rogue's gallery, and supporting cast. The man himself is boring as sin though.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Magnusth posted:

Batman only has one good villain.

It's Ra's al ghoul.

Mr Immortal is the worst villain in comic books fiction of all time.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Now I want to name all other villains bad Flash names. Hey look it's Clownman. Oh no it's Flightless Bird. Don't do it Human Octopus, think of the children. Look up in the sky it's Opposite Superman.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Stop dragging Cisco like this. :qq:

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
You'd think the villains would get together and work on a standardized naming convention. Reverse Flash and Bizzaro Superman? Pick one or the other for your opposites already! Should alliteration be required, or should the villains vote on a more modern standard? Should villains be allowed to just use their name or should there be a motion to force Lex Luthor to something a little more stylish?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Invalid Validation posted:

Now I want to name all other villains bad Flash names. Hey look it's Clownman. Oh no it's Flightless Bird. Don't do it Human Octopus, think of the children. Look up in the sky it's Opposite Superman.

Nowhere near enough captains.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

How about Lieutenant Vibration Fists?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm the Converse flash. All my speed comes from my magic shoes.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

greatn posted:

I'm the Converse flash. All my speed comes from my magic shoes.

Im the Perverse Flash. I'm not fast all, but I got a nice trenchcoat. :quagmire:

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 2, 2016

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

MiddleOne posted:

Snart is the price we had to pay to be rid of Hunter and the dumbpair.

I'm kind of okay with this, I vastly preferred him on flash where as I think mick fits better on LoT

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He has terrible delivery, like most of that cast.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

The only good DC villain is Black Manta.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Everybody sure is going to feel stupid when they've spent all this time angry at Barry for changing the timeline and then it turns out that it was all Eobard.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

Everybody sure is going to feel stupid when they've spent all this time angry at Barry for changing the timeline and then it turns out that it was all Eobard.

He even told Barry there would be surprises for him.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Did anyone else laugh out loud when Ray said, of Kara,

"She kinda looks like my cousin... "

Just me, then?

Just me.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Did anyone else laugh out loud when Ray said, of Kara,

"She kinda looks like my cousin... "

Just me, then?

Just me.

Pretty much everyone.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

ruddiger posted:

Do a gif of the camera spinning around Diggle and Arrow like 40 or 50 loving times. I thought I was tripping my balls off during that shot.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Did Michael Rymer direct that episode?

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

I missed the beginning when I opened this tab, so I though it was just looping, and then it stopped. Oh my god.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Aquasnake posted:

I missed the beginning when I opened this tab, so I though it was just looping, and then it stopped. Oh my god.

I think they missed out on a chance to continue the rotation at the end to have Slade appear in the background. Instead it just cuts to him.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
Perhaps the director got hold of those 3D glasses used in some stuff on TV in the 80s / 90s and wanted to do a Pulfrich effect scene in honour of the fact it's the 100th episode and those tend to be gimmicky as gently caress?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Edit: Wrong Arrowverse thread.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

Edit: Wrong Arrowverse thread.

Like that matters anymore

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

WTF This is the best. Needs more love.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Next episode synopsis:
With Alchemy and Savitar still looming threats, Barry is unable to focus on the Christmas holiday, and especially his relationship with Iris. Determined to stop Savitar, Barry goes to Earth-3 to get advice from Jay Garrick. Wally wants to help Barry fight Savitar and reveals that he’s been training with H.R, which doesn’t go over well with Barry. As Cisco faces his first Christmas without his brother Dante, old wounds are reopened.

God damnit

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

GobiasIndustries posted:

Next episode synopsis:
With Alchemy and Savitar still looming threats, Barry is unable to focus on the Christmas holiday, and especially his relationship with Iris. Determined to stop Savitar, Barry goes to Earth-3 to get advice from Jay Garrick. Wally wants to help Barry fight Savitar and reveals that he’s been training with H.R, which doesn’t go over well with Barry. As Cisco faces his first Christmas without his brother Dante, old wounds are reopened.

God damnit

For all we know it could be The usual poo poo about a family member not being there and regrets he may have. Hopefully it has nothing to do with Barry. From what I remember regarding their relationship it was not that great

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I don't know why Cisco is so bent up over Dante being dead, Dante was a douche.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

bobkatt013 posted:

For all we know it could be The usual poo poo about a family member not being there and regrets he may have. Hopefully it has nothing to do with Barry. From what I remember regarding their relationship it was not that great

I wanna be optimistic but the whole episode sounds like melodrama. I just want Cisco & Barry to be BFFs again :(

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

GobiasIndustries posted:

I wanna be optimistic but the whole episode sounds like melodrama. I just want Cisco & Barry to be BFFs again :(

Its a christmas episode. It will end with everyone realizing they are family.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

GobiasIndustries posted:

Next episode synopsis:

God damnit

Episode should be about Cisco's parents revealing they never really liked Dante very much.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

pee out my butt posted:

I don't know why Cisco is so bent up over Dante being dead, Dante was a douche.
Just because he was kind of a dick doesn't mean he wasn't Cisco's brother. Plus the couple episodes they had they tried to reconcile their differences.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Wheat Loaf posted:

Episode should be about Cisco's parents revealing they never really liked Dante very much.

Or worse, that Cisco's parents keep reminding him how much more they loved Dante than him to the point they probably go "it should've been YOU instead of him."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

ApeHawk posted:

Or worse, that Cisco's parents keep reminding him how much more they loved Dante than him to the point they probably go "it should've been YOU instead of him."

THE WRONG KID DIED

• Locked thread