Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I've been lost in XCOM 2 all week, but these endorsements for the experimental scout gun and the arty truck have given me big plans for my gaming time next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

That's me, I'm the one spreading the word about experimental scout gun.

It's so good and redeems the scout class completely. I rarely feel like I lose a fight because my weapons not strong enough and more because the enemy got the drop on me. It's not op because it'll still lose a lot of one on one even ground fights.

But wait I have spot flares! You shouldn't allow the enemy to get the drop on you.

Great but what about heavy armor or sentry classes? You bug the gently caress out and use your K bullets from a smart distance or try to find a place to ambush a heavy guy and bayonet the heck out of him.

The scout class really can be a little bit of everything) except a medic) as long as you don't play it like a sniper.

When you're using k bullets aim for the treads. If you can disable the track, throw a flame nade at the tank.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Sammus posted:

The flammable trip mines are hilarious, and probably the only reason I play scout at this point. I love placing them in random corridors around the outside of points and then running off. If they weren't scout only, I'd probably never play scout.

I was being a cheesy bastard yesterday on empire's edge working the turret at G. I set a fire trap at the door and another at the bottom is the stairs. I'm sitting there merrily bombarding D and E when I hear the distinct *click* *Ffffffffff*. Jump out the turret ready to defend myself, and the whole stairwell is on fire with one charred corpse in the middle of the stairs. Fire traps are fun!

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

RCarr posted:

High score? What does that mean? Is that bad? Did I break it?

52 kills and not even 20k points. Did you spend the entire game sniping from 2 kilometers away?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Maybe it wasn't conquest...

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

TjyvTompa posted:

52 kills and not even 20k points. Did you spend the entire game sniping from 2 kilometers away?

I was in the arty truck. The game was only halfway over when I took the picture. I had the most flag captures and defends, and we won the game by a landslide.

:shrug:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
lol if u measure success in points and not salt harvested

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

MortLansky posted:

I feel like this comes up every Battlefield game, but is there any way to see if you have mines/explosives deployed or not destroyed? Also, what is the AT mine limit? If it's just three that feels wrong.

Limit is three. I was trying to dump a bunch of mines on the Suez tracks yesterday in preparation for a train and watched my three old ones disappear as I placed the new ones.

I'm pretty sure there wasn't a limit in the beta, tho.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

mellowjournalism posted:

default vehicle respawn is 2 minutes.

most big maps have 2 vehicle slots per team. EDIT: in conquest. i haven't played enough of the other modes to remember which maps have 1 slot or 2 or whatever

chill in the spawn menu and try to find any active friendly vehicle icons ambling around the map like blue hamsters or tonka trucks. if both are up, then you'll have to wait for one to die, and then another 2 minutes. if only one is up, at least you know you have less than 2 minutes to wait.
If you have an xbox elite with the hybrid SSD drive, you load into the map first every time and have your choice of vehicles to choose from :smugdog:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Pleads posted:

If you have an xbox elite with the hybrid SSD drive, you load into the map first every time and have your choice of vehicles to choose from :smugdog:

I have a release day Xbox One and as long as I press start right as the option becomes available in the post-game screen I always get my choice of vehicles.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

FastestGunAlive posted:

Ineffiable posted:

The scout class really can be a little bit of everything) except a medic) as long as you don't play it like a sniper.

Sniping scout worst scout. Assault scout good scout. Spotting scout cool scout. Sneak scout god tier scout.

snakescout

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Is anyone else getting a glitch where selecting an airplane at the start of a round (during the 10 second round start countdown) the player is teleported into space without an airplane, where you promptly fall and die when the round starts due to being so far out of the playing field?

I'm not sure but this also appears to waste an aircraft spawn, it just never shows up. It's happened to me three times now, once with squad mates who were supposed to spawn in a bomber and we all died.

FastestGunAlive posted:

Yessss

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Dec 2, 2016

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Game has been way buggier since the patch. I've had to quit like 10 rounds because I couldn't spawn, or my screen was freaking out, or it was all black.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

egyptian rat race posted:

Is anyone else getting a glitch where selecting an airplane at the start of a round (during the 10 second round start countdown) the player is teleported into space without an airplane, where you promptly fall and die when the round starts due to being so far out of the playing field?

I'm not sure but this also appears to waste an aircraft spawn, it just never shows up. It's happened to me three times now, once with squad mates who were supposed to spawn in a bomber and we all died.

Yessss

Yeah this happens to me sometimes.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Pleads posted:

You can replace the drive on a ps4 with the same thing and get the same effect.

I have a ssd installed on a ps4 pro. Nobody can ever beat me to getting a vehicle. Ever.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
How does one get suppression assists?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

venutolo posted:

Spray and pray

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

venutolo posted:

Shoot near, but do not hit, someone your teammates then kill. Used to not count if your squadmates killed them (because a "Squad Suppression Assist" is different than a "Suppression Assist") but I believe they fixed that.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

You don't have to play support either, though it's more designed for that. I've got suppression assists with shotguns, bolt action rifles, hell even field guns and turrets. And don't forget those fixed heavy machine guns. You can suppress the gently caress out of people with those.

E- oh and don't forget to spot while in between firing so your team knows what you're shooting at.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Ineffiable posted:

I have a ssd installed on a ps4 pro

i've been thinking about doing that that
did you go larger than 1tb and what brand did you go with? if you don't mind me asking

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

The Merry Marauder posted:

Shoot near, but do not hit, someone your teammates then kill. Used to not count if your squadmates killed them (because a "Squad Suppression Assist" is different than a "Suppression Assist") but I believe they fixed that.

It was not fixed as of last night.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You can definitely hit them. Just don't kill them. You can get both a kill assist and a suppression assist on the same enemy.

Popeadactyl
Jul 28, 2009

dumb and gay
I got the support class to 10 expecting the huot to be as game changing as the martini henry has been for me and boy am I disappointed. I should have prob done my research on that first but the C93 alone may have been worth the grind. Almost to level 8 on Assault and am gonna get some squad bonuses and grind for that hellreigel later on.

Also, I have purchased a server but I refuse to announce its debut until they make it so I can add admins. If they dont then I'm just going to let it expire.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
C93 is the best Support gun.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Can you rent a server on consoles?

Popeadactyl
Jul 28, 2009

dumb and gay

RCarr posted:

Can you rent a server on consoles?

yeah but its pointless because you dont have control over anything but the gametype and map rotation really.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Popeadactyl posted:

yeah but its pointless because you dont have control over anything but the gametype and map rotation really.

You mean I can't put up a sick rear end joining banner of my gaming group name adorned with pot leafs and bikini babes?

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Popeadactyl posted:

Also, I have purchased a server but I refuse to announce its debut until they make it so I can add admins. If they dont then I'm just going to let it expire.

Popeadactyl posted:

seriously, if you can't badmin why admin?
and what about custom server banners, think those are coming back or did they realize how tasteless some of their player base can be?

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
The rent-a-server program says it's a 'beta' when you go to that page. Right now it's basically a place for you to play using rules that you want and nothing else. The fact that they don't allow admin functions is the biggest red flag for me.

E: yeah, nowhere to upload banners either. The Battlelog website handled everything for BF4 and this seems like everything is done through your console.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/5d4bxq/bf1_do_not_rent_a_server/

If you trust Reddit, this post has a pretty comprehensive list of all the features that are missing.

Auxiliary Treats fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Dec 2, 2016

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Popeadactyl posted:

That's silly. You're silly.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Popete posted:

You mean I can't put up a sick rear end joining banner of my gaming group name adorned with pot leafs and bikini babes?

Flames, skulls, flaming skulls and flames made up of skulls

Popeadactyl
Jul 28, 2009

dumb and gay
Oh we already have a banner made and everything dont worry about that one. I'm not going to gently caress with the server unless other people can admin it with me because I am on at weird times and in spurts. Also what fun is having one unless I can use it to make some of the faggots on this board mad (they know who they are because they are still mad about our BF3 server) as well as being able to ban a whole entire ethnic group or country from it as a whole just for a laugh. Last time it was Brazil.. not sure who it will be this time havent decided.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Flames, skulls, flaming skulls and flames made up of skulls

I... may have made a custom emblem for the game which is a skull. A flaming skull. Wearing a crown.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

RCarr posted:

You can definitely hit them. Just don't kill them. You can get both a kill assist and a suppression assist on the same enemy.

That's true, but you can certainly get kill assists without suppression credit, and if you're actively trying to complete a medal, you feel pretty silly if you keep killing the pubbies you're trying to suppress.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

That's true, but you can certainly get kill assists without suppression credit, and if you're actively trying to complete a medal, you feel pretty silly if you keep killing the pubbies you're trying to suppress.

You want to wing them 1-2 times to weaken them and then start shooting above their heads after spotting them so someone can finish them off.

Oppenheimer
Dec 26, 2011

by Smythe

Popeadactyl posted:

Oh we already have a banner made and everything dont worry about that one. I'm not going to gently caress with the server unless other people can admin it with me because I am on at weird times and in spurts. Also what fun is having one unless I can use it to make some of the faggots on this board mad (they know who they are because they are still mad about our BF3 server) as well as being able to ban a whole entire ethnic group or country from it as a whole just for a laugh. Last time it was Brazil.. not sure who it will be this time havent decided.

Post the banner

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

winter.mute posted:

i've been thinking about doing that that
did you go larger than 1tb and what brand did you go with? if you don't mind me asking

Samsung makes good ones.

I do warn you please don't do this unless you have a lot more money than sense. Just buy a 2tb sshd for less than a third of a price of the same size ssd. The speed increase on it will give you the advantage over 90 percent of players.

I played Bf1 before with a sshd and I still got to vehicles first on a fresh map load. Ssd is faster but not as fast as you think it'd be, even on a pro.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Ineffiable posted:

Samsung makes good ones.

I do warn you please don't do this unless you have a lot more money than sense. Just buy a 2tb sshd for less than a third of a price of the same size ssd. The speed increase on it will give you the advantage over 90 percent of players.

I played Bf1 before with a sshd and I still got to vehicles first on a fresh map load. Ssd is faster but not as fast as you think it'd be, even on a pro.

All of this is true. I put a 2TB sshd in my PS4 and I load before 95% of people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Going from Support and Assault to Medic is bad. Having semi-auto weaponry that you actually have to aim is throwing me off! But boy oh boy, so many points from heals and revives.

How is the rank 10 Medic gun anyway?