Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

fuclk im hangry

doublalls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
chinese diplomats buy out three floors worth of rooms in the trump international hotel, donald immediately pulls defense umbrella from taiwan

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

It would be interesting to see Apple & other major American-China stake-holders poo poo bricks at the potential of Trump loving the last 40 years of US-PRC relations up.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Are you fuckjg kidding me

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
lol Trump told her to "unleash Chiang" prob

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
can you believe it? there are two chinas. this is why we can't get a good deal, folks. we were busy dealing with the wrong china

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

mannerup posted:

want the readout of this call

"so then she goes, '69? you mean you want beef with broccoli?'"
____________________________________________/

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

mormonpartyboat posted:

_________________________/

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

he's certainly going to bring those chinese jobs back to america after china blocks any business with american companies lol

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

quote:

“Regardless if it was deliberate or accidental, this phone call will fundamentally change China’s perceptions of Trump’s strategic intentions for the negative. With this kind of move, Trump is setting a foundation of enduring mistrust and strategic competition for US-China relations.”

When our president commits diplomatic affronts, he may be doing so deliberately, or he may just be a huge loving idiot.

WE SIMPLY DON'T KNOW.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Reverse Sino-Soviet Split and he's not even president yet.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
listen up america this is what happens when you elect an idiot manchild to the highest office in the land

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

pretty sure this was a veep plot line

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

mannerup posted:

want the readout of this call

quote:

President Tsai Ing-wen called President-elect USA Donald Trump and felicitated him on his victory. President Trump said President Tsai Ing-wen you have a very good reputation. You are a terrific woman. You are doing amazing work which is visible in every way. I am looking forward to see you soon. As I am talking to you President, I feel I am talking to a person I have known for long. Your country is amazing with tremendous opportunities. Taiwanese are one of the most intelligent people. I am ready and willing to play any role that you want me to play to address and find solutions to the outstanding problems. It will be an honor and I will personally do it. Feel free to call me any time even before 20th January that is before I assume my office.

On being invited to visit Taiwan by the President, Mr. Trump said that he would love to come to a fantastic country, fantastic place of fantastic people. Please convey to the Taiwanese people that they are amazing and all Taiwanese I have known are exceptional people, said Mr. Donald Trump.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

mormonpartyboat posted:

captain murphy was too good for this world

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

logikv9 posted:

can you believe it? there are two chinas. this is why we can't get a good deal, folks. we were busy dealing with the wrong china

wroooooong CHYNA

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

wait I thought we were supposed to hate trump, but now he's ignoring realpolitik crap to call taiwan to see if the prez can jailbreak his phone????

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
a reporter should ask trump what he thinks of israel having nuclear weapons

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
Massive rotating golden statue of Donald Trump in Lhasa, Tibet. :smugdon:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Neurolimal posted:

wait I thought we were supposed to hate trump, but now he's ignoring realpolitik crap to call taiwan to see if the prez can jailbreak his phone????

trump's gonna apologize and grovel to the chinese leadership in a week

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
like yeah Taiwan are the good guys, but when you're the president you have to loving know that we have never recognised their independence and why that is

sweet mother of gently caress gently caress gently caress that's bad

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

logikv9 posted:

theres 3 actually

free tibet

also can u edit the title to this new fiasco which is actually the good kind, please? :grin:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

mormonpartyboat posted:

legit outloud laughing

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
for real though after all the insistence that TPP is good because it shits on china being outraged that trump made a phone call to a notchina country is kinda weird

i kinda hope trump's press response is "if china is mad that im talking to other countries, maybe china should grow the gently caress up y'know?"

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
Continuous hurting of the feelings of the feelings of the Chinese people will be one of the few rays of light during the Trump years.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

to be fair the chinese government seeks any excuse to declare that the feelings of the chinese people have been deeply hurt

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

AceRimmer posted:

Massive rotating golden statue of Donald Trump in Lhasa, Tibet. :smugdon:

Phra Phuttha Maha Suwana Patrumpakon

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Lastgirl posted:

theres 3 actually

free tibet

also can u edit the title to this new fiasco which is actually the good kind, please? :grin:

what do you want it changed to, i am not creative

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

I wonder if he was scowling or just blank staring as someone tried to explain why Chiner is mad. We're all going to die lol.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
no why

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mormonpartyboat posted:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

with people talking about people buying up floors of trump towers to get access to the president I'm just imagine intra-tower wars to come,

when the israelis on the 52nd floor have to deal with that one office on the 53th the Palestinians bought

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

logikv9 posted:

Karl Sharks posted:

wroooooong CHYNA

tia

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

mannerup posted:

a reporter should ask trump what he thinks of israel having nuclear weapons

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Feminasty Slut posted:

I wonder if he was scowling or just blank staring as someone tried to explain why Chiner is mad. We're all going to die lol.

A lot of our international diplomacy is going to boil down to "no he didn't mean that, he's just an idiot."

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
c/o Matt Pearce but I dunno even know if this is real

http://shanghaiist.com/2016/11/18/trump_taiwan_expand.php

quote:

The mayor of Taoyuan confirmed rumors on Wednesday that US president-elect Donald Trump was considering constructing a series of luxury hotels and resorts in the northwest Taiwanese city.

A representative from the Trump Organization paid a visit to Taoyuan in September, expressing interest in the city's Aerotropolis, a large-scale urban development project aimed at capitalizing on Taoyuan's status as a transport hub for East Asia, Taiwan News reports.With the review process for the Aerotropolis still underway, Taoyuan's mayor referred to the subject of the meeting as mere investment speculation. Other reports indicate that Eric Trump, the president-elect's second son and executive vice president of the Trump Organization, will be coming to Taoyuan later this year to discuss the potential business opportunity.

from Nov 18

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Zyla posted:

with people talking about people buying up floors of trump towers to get access to the president I'm just imagine intra-tower wars to come,

when the israelis on the 52nd floor have to deal with that one office on the 53th the Palestinians bought

how long until the israelis send an intern to set up a desk in that office?

Astroclassicist
Aug 21, 2015

Ahahahahaha. Ahahahahahaa. HAAAAAAAAAA

:negative:

The orange-skinned fool is going to kill us all.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

logikv9 posted:

Trump on Taiwan: "so then she goes, '69? you mean you want beef with broccoli?'"

if that doesnt fill up i hope :ohdear:

or this, Trump On Taiwan: Wrong Chyna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Why is calling Taiwan bad?

• Locked thread