Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Chelb posted:

uspol can not erase our sins

well of course not. You need multiple threads.

"Can USpol erase our sins?"
"Uspol can not erase our sins?"
"Why bring back USPol to be a sin eater."
"Was it USPol that was a sinner? No we were."
"Please accept USPol into your heart."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

your mom would have been a better pick than hillary clinton

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Brainiac Five posted:

1. Posting a new USpol.

the only true d&d posting crime and also why i am now dead

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

reported for conspiracy theories

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Uspol is dead and it's not coming back. All references to it are now banned. Mention it at your own peril.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

People genuinely still want to slapfight over Bernie and Hillary some more huh

How have you not had your fill of this poo poo yet

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

but mostly I would like to know why my innocently posting a song about dinosaurs caused someone to become enraged about politics

here's a song about animals!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23GZiAzTlP0

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Chelb posted:

god drat it dadchat i will turn this bus around if you argue about which candidate was better again

if we were gonna lose anyway I would rather have done it behind the morally correct candidate

nobody liked clinton but everybody compromised their principles to support her because we were assured that triangulation and conventional wisdom would keep the wolves from the door

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Rhesus Pieces posted:

People genuinely still want to slapfight over Bernie and Hillary some more huh

How have you not had your fill of this poo poo yet

i can only assume that the stress of the election has given us all rapidly growing brain tumors that are pressing on the areas that regulate boredom and sense

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
okay, corn in the bible, this should be the big hint as to who this is:

Brainiac Five posted:

What would help is you removing yourself.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Volkerball posted:

Uspol is dead and it's not coming back. All references to it are now banned. Mention it at your own peril.

sure thing trump

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

PupsOfWar posted:

everybody compromised their principles to support her

Not I. I didn't vote for her.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
i voted for brexit, to shake it up.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

"i know who we should have chosen instead" the man on the internet shrieks in between half formed sobs, "jim webb"

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

corn in the bible posted:

but mostly I would like to know why my innocently posting a song about dinosaurs caused someone to become enraged about politics

You shouldn't post here because you're a motherfucker.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

floyd olson's ghost

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

My cousin's been talking about suicide because he thinks his gay marriage will be annulled by a Trump SCOTUS. I sure hope he doesn't kill himself but hey whatever I guess it's just CONSPIRACY THEORIES to wish we'd had a candidate that could beat Trump.

Chelb posted:

"i know who we should have chosen instead" the man on the internet shrieks in between half formed sobs, "jim webb"

Remember when we used to make jokes about Martin O'Malley? Come back martin :(

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
i don't think the democrats have to do anything new to win elections. this was a freak election, caused by "were-racists", or normal good hard working americans who happen to support the principles of one aryan nation one day every lunar cycle and it just happened to land on election day this year

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Chelb posted:

jim webb would have killed trump in the debates!

literally. with a bolo knife

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

jim webb and trump would be friends though

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

My cousin's been talking about suicide because he thinks his gay marriage will be annulled by a Trump SCOTUS. I sure hope he doesn't kill himself but hey whatever I guess it's just CONSPIRACY THEORIES to wish we'd had a candidate that could beat Trump.

Remember when we used to make jokes about Martin O'Malley? Come back martin :(

Whining passive-aggressively like this is a good reason why you shouldn't post in this thread or at all. I don't really believe you care about your cousin, though, since you're using him to shield the fact that you think telling women to suck your dick is a good idea.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i guess a few months later it is kind of hard to remember which candidate ran on a populist outsider appeal and which candidate handed all three branches of the federal government to the republicans, we should probably just stop thinking about it, there are no lessons to be learned

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

PupsOfWar posted:

jim webb and trump would be friends though

Webb chooses Trump as his running mate, GOP defaults back to JEB!, America is saved. Everybody wins (except Jeb

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i guess a few months later it is kind of hard to remember which candidate ran on a populist outsider appeal and which candidate handed all three branches of the federal government to the republicans, we should probably just stop thinking about it, there are no lessons to be learned

The lesson would seem to be "render the democratic primaries undemocratic", unless you believe the primaries were rigged.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I, too, use the fear and panic of others to justify daydreams.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

My cousin has been talking about suicide due to corn's posts.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
decent npr commentator: well. this is a first in a presidential debate, one candidate has never before gone into a fugue state and torn open the other with their bare hands, and then rubbed their blood all over oneself while howling "he drew first blood! he drew first blood!" Just goes to show you what an unusual political climate we're in.

After webb's disqualification, now it will be up to the vice presidents, mike pence and lincoln chafee to sort it out in the next two debates.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Volkerball posted:

Not I. I didn't vote for her.

oh so you do admit to voting trump finally? you are such a waste

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

do you really get disqualified just for murdering your opponent

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

PupsOfWar posted:

Air Bud 15 took a dark turn.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

PupsOfWar posted:

you can be president in prison

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

There is a categorical difference between

-highlighting the flaws of a past effort or individual and suggesting ways of fixing and improving upon mistakes for the future

and

-highlighting the flaws of a past effort or individual and proclaiming that this means you were correct all along

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Chelb posted:

given what states ended up being important jim webb might have been the strongest choice of all in the primary

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

PupsOfWar posted:

i know, we've drifted so far from the founding fathers' ideals.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i think hillary should of campaigned

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Raskolnikov38 posted:

given what states ended up being important jim webb might have been the strongest choice of all in the primary

yeah but if you go blue dog to shore up PA, WI and MI, do you lose NV and CO and endanger NM and VA

I don't know that we can retroactively game out this election that cleanly

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Hootington posted:

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

skip bayless would have been a better pick than hillary clinton

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

merry exmarx posted:

couldn't have hurt

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I thought people refused to turn out because Hillary was anti-working class. Wouldn't campaigning thus depress turnout further?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

merry exmarx posted:

dropping a care package full of pamphlets and grillary aprons while their plane passes above the flyover states

• Locked thread