Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Data Graham posted:

I mean it's not like anyone actually has any personal stake in what happens at the high echelons of political office or of business. It's all very abstract, and people side one way or the other purely on the basis of which side tells a better feel-good story. Until suddenly some part of it is personal, at which point they'll believe super hard in whichever side they think vindicates them more, logical or not.

It's my favorite Futurama line: "I'm rich! Suddenly I have an opinion about the capital gains tax!"

Like estate taxes people that don't have to worry about it already have opinions on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

He should have been out long before that because he didn't get down on his belly the first time they were supposed to.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Added schaden: California went for Clinton. Her vote meant nothing regardless. So even if she abstained, it meant nothing either way.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Added schaden: California went for Clinton. Her vote meant nothing regardless. So even if she abstained, it meant nothing either way.

It doesn't say she still lives in Cali, just that her properties there were foreclosed on. Also, the byline says Washington so I'm thinking she's in Washington state. But I'm just being nitpicky. We've got four years of making fun of people who believed Donald would "drain the swamp" from the relative comfort of our gulags.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

No state was won by a single vote, so when you think about it, it doesn’t matter where she lived.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

LawfulWaffle posted:

It doesn't say she still lives in Cali, just that her properties there were foreclosed on. Also, the byline says Washington so I'm thinking she's in Washington state. But I'm just being nitpicky. We've got four years of making fun of people who believed Donald would "drain the swamp" from the relative comfort of our gulags.

She lives in/around LA and lists her job as "Real Estate Investor".

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

There going to be a lot of people that are going to regret their vote very soon.

Did people actually think trump was gonna "shake up Washington"?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

It's so loving delicious, so good, I wish I could eat nothing but 'freude sometimes

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TontoCorazon posted:

There going to be a lot of people that are going to regret their vote very soon.

They already do

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

How do these people even figure out how to use Twitter?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

They already do

Ooh that's some good stuff right there. Especially that last one, Trump has never shown any support for vets that meant anything. poo poo, he said some horrendous poo poo about McCain being a POW.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The only vets Trump cares about are the ones that maintain his exotic animals.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

TontoCorazon posted:

Yup! It was even in a lot of his campaign ads. I don't think anything much at all is going to change under him to be honest. Maybe my stock portfolio will go up an extra couple of percentage points the next few years, but other than that its going to be business as usual, but with a lot more hilarious sound bytes from our president.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yup! It was even in a lot of his campaign ads. I don't think anything much at all is going to change under him to be honest. Maybe my stock portfolio will go up an extra couple of percentage points the next few years, but other than that its going to be business as usual, but with a lot more hilarious sound bytes from our president.

Well he's hiring the same kind of assholes from the last republican administration so it won't be anything really different.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
Hopefully Trump doesn't throw in the towel or kick the bucket or any other action directed at an inanimate object. Mike Pence would ensure a worse America for sure.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
Documented habitual liar Donald Trump lied to me!!

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Gold! Always believe in your hole!

(Bed)panning for nuggets

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

TontoCorazon posted:

Well he's hiring the same kind of assholes from the last republican administration so it won't be anything really different.

I did enjoy CNN following up with their panel of Trump supporters post-election and I hope they continue to do so. It'll be fun watching the mental gymnastics. I especially like the one lade who, pre-election, was very passionate in her hatred of Reince Priebus and was asked how she felt about Trump naming him Chief of Staff. "oh I think it's brilliant, now he (Trump) can keep tabs on him and keep him in check!".

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Solice Kirsk posted:

We're an upper middle class gay couple and Trump will probably be great for us. Should get a nice tax cut, and if they overturn gay marriage we don't have to pay the marriage penalty.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Orange shirt skips a trick at 3:10, he should have been disqualified anyway :colbert:
e: Autechresaint had me covered.

Sloober posted:

What kind of ladder do you recommend for getting comically stuck over your head and a friends head, leading to shenanigans where you have a hard time walking places?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrRFzwPE0d4&t=195s

Humphreys posted:

That is a terrible video. No payoff on anything.

The whole point of this meme is that you know when the stinger is coming by the music, so it should be built around the anticipation of the incoming schadenfreude. Here's a couple of examples I've cut together myself that I think at least follow the format 'correctly':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFvs6aH85sM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjCWmQbR2vQ

Takes No Damage has a new favorite as of 22:06 on Dec 2, 2016

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.
Man, the outtakes from this fight scene are so painful to watch, Jackie Chan (and his stunt team who are also frequently injured with him) are true heroes of action filmmaking.

VVV edit: Derp, fixed the quoted video.

Scruff McGruff has a new favorite as of 22:13 on Dec 2, 2016

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Scruff McGruff posted:

Man, the outtakes from this fight scene are so painful to watch, Jackie Chan (and his stunt team who are also frequently injured with him) are true heroes of action filmmaking.

You quoted the Game of Thrones clip instead of First Strike and for a few seconds I was getting really excited that there was a YouTube clip out there of Jon Snow getting accidentally bopped in the face with sword pommels or falling off of his horse :(

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
http://i.imgur.com/iGJAwfj.gifv

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

TontoCorazon posted:

He said he was going to, then after he got elected he said that was all "Campaign stuff" and didn't matter anymore

#filltheswamp

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

There's no audio, but I can tell that man is British. He has to be.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chichevache posted:

There's no audio, but I can tell that man is British. He has to be.

He absolutely is. He's a really nice guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJyS8vrZKgY&t=150s

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Low level personal freude here: Every time I read a cat/dog picture thread here, I get a little :smith: because I'm far too allergic / asthmatic to ever own a dog or cat.

I know that pet ownership isn't all lollipops and rainbows, but having pets seems awfully fulfilling.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

MisterBibs posted:

Low level personal freude here: Every time I read a cat/dog picture thread here, I get a little :smith: because I'm far too allergic / asthmatic to ever own a dog or cat.

I know that pet ownership isn't all lollipops and rainbows, but having pets seems awfully fulfilling.

My cat poops on the floor just outside her litter box pretty much once a week. Just to remind me that she can I guess?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

MisterBibs posted:

This morning I sat on the toilet to poop, and my littlest cat hopped in my underwear and pissed on my foot.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

"I forgot to close the door...:sigh:"

E: oh man, the video, skip to 2:02 :lol:

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 01:26 on Dec 3, 2016

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

This is why Chris Hansen had swat teams hide in decoy bushes

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MisterBibs posted:

This morning I had to put a glove on and pull poo poo out of my dog's rear end because it was stuck as it was full of my hair that she'd eaten out of my hairbrush. But she's nice to pat so it's ups and downs, really.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
With cats you can build an immunity to allergies.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

MisterBibs posted:

It's alright, as long as you don't try to swallow them whole.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

During the night I was once woken up by a strange sound. I opened my eyes only to find my cat sat on my chest going "horrrk horrrk".

I had to have a quick like 2 AM shower to get cat vomit out of my hair.

i miss that little fucker

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

RareAcumen posted:

They already do

Whole Tumblr blog of these: https://trumpgrets.tumblr.com/

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Sponge Baathist posted:

With cats you can build an immunity to allergies.

Can confirm, happened to me

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Slime posted:

During the night I was once woken up by a strange sound. I opened my eyes only to find my cat sat on my chest going "horrrk horrrk".

I had to have a quick like 2 AM shower to get cat vomit out of my hair.

i miss that little fucker

OH MY GOD SOMEONE BROKE INTO MY HOUSE AND JACKED OFF ON MY BED- oh wait nevermind it was cat vomit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

MisterBibs posted:

There are hypoallergenic animals!
I have a Portuguese Water Dog and she's amazing. :)