Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
battle royal is stupid dumb poo poo for stupid dumb idiots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
Someone was saying a while ago that you could catch other versions of your version exclusive ultra beasts for trading. Is that true or do you only get one and I will need to soft reset to get additional copies?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

PSWII60 posted:

Someone was saying a while ago that you could catch other versions of your version exclusive ultra beasts for trading. Is that true or do you only get one and I will need to soft reset to get additional copies?

Of the exclusive ultra beasts you get 4 of 1, and 2 of the other.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

This was my final team in Moon. From left to right: Ojou-sama, Bugmaiden, Zappy, Makoto, Pyroclast, and Lythronax.

Hammerite posted:

... why aren't Scraggy/Scrafty in the Alola dex? They are literally the perfect pokemon for Team Skull. Or if they are in Alola and I'm not aware of it yet: why don't any Team Skull grunts have them? This is the most obvious thing
Also Bellossom, the literal hula dancer Pokemon, isn't in the Alola dex :psyduck:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Abundant Atrophy posted:

Z-Curse on a ghost type will heal, allegedly. Are you healed before or after you cut your own HP?

z-belly drum heals before so curse is likely the same

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

corn on the cop posted:

battle royal is stupid dumb poo poo for stupid dumb idiots

:same: How I'm feeling is...

Wow!

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
I'm going to be so sad if I can't access my saved beloved Pokemon from Pokemon Bank now that I've done a system transfer.

RiffRaff1138
Feb 28, 2006

Every single motherfucker thinks they're gonna save the fuckin' world... Why not do something about the shitty economy or whatever instead?! Son of a bitch!

Happiness posted:

Naming that required me to learn about the ʻokina, which I wasn't aware of the distinct nature of before. So that's cool.

I think I got everyone who said they were interested so far except Parrotine, but if I missed you or you also want one of these dogs then let me know.

4484-8641-1177 IGN: Sumire

If there's still any left, I'd like one as well. Though, the only thing I have on hand to trade is some Adamant Beast Ball Beldums with regular ability and unknown IVs.

1977-0156-0209 IGN: Tabitha

Edit: Apparently I WT'd all the Beldums already, but still had some Castforms. I thought it was the other way around. But I guess that was good enough anyway? Thanks!

RiffRaff1138 fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 3, 2016

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

jarbv posted:

:same: How I'm feeling is...

Wow!

i really don't understand the thought process. why is it worth so little? why is it only a victory when one person dies? why is everyone goon squading me? :shepface:

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

corn on the cop posted:

i really don't understand the thought process. why is it worth so little? why is it only a victory when one person dies? why is everyone goon squading me? :shepface:

It's worth 5 points once you reach master rank, it's only a victory when one person dies in order to encourage strategy rather than ganging up one person indiscriminately and everyone will goon squad you if you're either about to win or an easy target.

You want to use more bulky, defensive guys and never leave somebody in if you think anybody on the field could 1HKO them. Because they will.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Decus posted:

It's worth 5 points once you reach master rank, it's only a victory when one person dies in order to encourage strategy rather than ganging up one person indiscriminately and everyone will goon squad you if you're either about to win or an easy target.

You want to use more bulky, defensive guys and never leave somebody in if you think anybody on the field could 1HKO them. Because they will.

Strangely enough, in both AI and online in Battle Spot, I am never targeted unless I'm sweeping way too much and pull into first place right away (like with a lucky earthquake). But then again, I don't usually pick Pokemon with more than 3 type weaknesses.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Of the exclusive ultra beasts you get 4 of 1, and 2 of the other.

That is amazingly generous of these games. Thank you.

In other news, has the shiny rate gone up again? I was hatching synchronize abras and I hatched my 16th egg of the game as a shiny abra. What the hell game?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Ok I beat the game and have access to beast balls and the IV checker. I am now a real person. What'd I miss? Who's got cool new Pokemon for trade?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Decus posted:

I went over to do Battle Tree and jesus christ is it unconscionably slow for BP accumulation. Guess I'll build up tankmons.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

corn on the cop posted:

I went over to do Battle Tree and jesus christ is it unconscionably slow for BP accumulation. Guess I'll build up tankmons.

It's not that bad. Once you have a team that can do super singles/doubles, you'll start getting BP really fast--the amount of BP you get is 2 + the tens digit of the match you're on, max 7. That's way better than Battle Royal.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

i love disgusting, shameless stall forfeit victories

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-488301031

gross

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Countblanc posted:

i love disgusting, shameless stall forfeit victories

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-488301031

rough. how's the powder by the way. on the black diamond. loved you in steep

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Has anyone done Dratini or Mimikyu in a beast ball yet?

Mizuti posted:

Speaking of trading for rare things, I really need to purge some of my Pokémon. I've got Wimpod in Fast Balls, Trapinch in Friend Balls, Dhelmise in Lure Balls, Skarmory in Heavy Balls, and Snow Warning Vulpix, Sewaddle, and Shinx in Beast Balls. Anything with hidden abilities, rare balls, or useful egg moves would be cool, but I'll take random trash for them too.

FC: 5086-1559-1599 IGN: Luna

I've joined the Discord server if it would make it easier.

I'm interested in Friendly Trapinch!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Happiness posted:

Naming that required me to learn about the ʻokina, which I wasn't aware of the distinct nature of before. So that's cool.

I think I got everyone who said they were interested so far except Parrotine, but if I missed you or you also want one of these dogs then let me know.

I would very much like one of those awesome vulpix if you're still around

3737-9650-3846, I'm Serena

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

It's not that bad. Once you have a team that can do super singles/doubles, you'll start getting BP really fast--the amount of BP you get is 2 + the tens digit of the match you're on, max 7. That's way better than Battle Royal.

How do you unlock super? 50 wins in a row in regular?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Peewi posted:

How do you unlock super? 50 wins in a row in regular?

20. Just be warned that it's far harder to get through the normal battles this time. But the Ultra Beasts can help with that if you need to just get enough BP to get the tools you need to build up your own team.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I just used a team of Pheromosa, Nihilego, and this breeding reject Rough Skin Gible I leveled into a Garchomp to ace the normal-difficulty Single Battles. I EV Trained them at Isle Evelup while I was working on my Pokedex and I haven't looked back. It's a strong team!

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Note Block posted:

Has anyone done Dratini or Mimikyu in a beast ball yet?

Mimikyu with Curse and beast ball I can do (they have awful IVs and natures is the trade off)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Happiness posted:

If you've still got some sitting around collecting dust, I'll take one off your hands. I'm still waaaay early in the game, so I don't have much to offer.:shrug:

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Abundant Atrophy posted:

Mimikyu with Curse and beast ball I can do (they have awful IVs and natures is the trade off)

Nice! I missed the spreadsheet since I was about 400 posts behind. I'll add my beastly buddies shortly.

Definitely interested in your Mimikyu because I'm a firm believer that adorable little monster is secretly an Ultra Beast.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

oddium posted:

rough. how's the powder by the way. on the black diamond. loved you in steep

💯

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Note Block posted:

Nice! I missed the spreadsheet since I was about 400 posts behind. I'll add my beastly buddies shortly.

Definitely interested in your Mimikyu because I'm a firm believer that adorable little monster is secretly an Ultra Beast.

Send a message when you're ready.

Will Minior put shields back up if it heals by berry? Trying to decide on Timid or Jolly for this adorable space rock with Acrobatics in mind.

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Looper posted:

I would very much like one of those awesome vulpix if you're still around

3737-9650-3846, I'm Serena

I added you.

Shinjobi posted:

If you've still got some sitting around collecting dust, I'll take one off your hands. I'm still waaaay early in the game, so I don't have much to offer.:shrug:

Grant me the code of friendship and place a bird or rat or something in the trading receptacle.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I was liking the battle tree until fight 11, where i realized "oh god, it just keeps going"

granted i should have brought a more sustainable team than mimikyu/celesteela/buzzwole

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Happiness posted:

I added you.

Grant me the code of friendship and place a bird or rat or something in the trading receptacle.

Thank you! :3:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Whoever it was that said to look for lvl 100 shiny foreign dittos on the GTS was bang on, I was able to flip a Castform for a Scizor for a Modest, 6 IV, German Ditto today. Thanks!

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Decus posted:

You also get the awesome "Idol Style" battle stance for beating it. A V sign and a spin when tossing out your pokeballs, it's so cool. But maybe the mysterious "Get a Battle Tree streak of 50 or higher" Passionate Style might look better, though I don't think I'm getting it any time soon.

Also 150 hours and

Although probably a third of that was

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

I'd like one of those vulpixes if there are any left, but I don't really have anything to trade. My FC is 0989-2448-0959 and IGN is Cheesepickle.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

BrainDance posted:

You also get the awesome "Idol Style" battle stance for beating it. A V sign and a spin when tossing out your pokeballs, it's so cool. But maybe the mysterious "Get a Battle Tree streak of 50 or higher" Passionate Style might look better, though I don't think I'm getting it any time soon.

Also 150 hours and

Although probably a third of that was

You did it wrong

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Nah man I had a system, and if I did it in the box I would have to get off Tauros to go pick up more eggs. Only went in the box when I didn't want more eggs to hatch than what I had.

Just keep the volume up and it's easy to know you're spinning right.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Is there any good guide on how to get hidden abilities in Sun & Moon or should I just head to the trading thread? I'm thinking I'm going try my hand at making a pvp team for once.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Happiness posted:

Would love one of these if you're still feeling charitable

3411-4804-2499 IGN: Pat

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

My Coal Mine worker Pokemon finally brought back an extra Sun Stone, so I was able to finish the Pokédex today. Next up is the terrible wait until Magearna comes.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

BrainDance posted:

Nah man I had a system, and if I did it in the box I would have to get off Tauros to go pick up more eggs. Only went in the box when I didn't want more eggs to hatch than what I had.
Get in the loving box, Nebby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Given that Terrain is such a big part of the meta thanks to the Tapus, do you think that moves that are dependent on terrain types like Camouflage and Nature Power might see a rise in popularity?

Nature Power in particular could be a fun gamble, it has great distribution as a TM and can't be Sucker Punched.