Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Big public proposals are a disaster waiting to happen. It puts the person on the spot since if they say 'no' it is super awkward for everybody. And I feel like the type of person who would feel it is a big deal that it happens is not someone really invested in the actual nitty gritty of marriage but rather the gilded exterior.

Throw the precious into the volcano. It's the only way to be sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

text me a vag pic posted:

Here is a very funny and very sad documentary on Incels and pick up artists: Shy Boys IRL

Proclick.

Yeah the correct response to incels is pity. And they are def on the spectrum.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Nothing better than a proposal at a baseball game answered with an awkward, "I'll think about it," on the jumbotron.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Panfilo posted:

Big public proposals are a disaster waiting to happen. It puts the person on the spot since if they say 'no' it is super awkward for everybody. And I feel like the type of person who would feel it is a big deal that it happens is not someone really invested in the actual nitty gritty of marriage but rather the gilded exterior.

:agreed:, public proposals are a red flag that whoever's idea it was is a huge narcissist

Bombadilillo posted:

Proclick.

Yeah the correct response to incels is pity. And they are def on the spectrum.

I like how the only responses I've ever seen are either pity or derision and yet the anon said incels are a "bogeyman" meaning he thinks people are actually mad at them or something and he feels badass about not being able to get laid

"yeah I'm an incel, sorry to rustle your jimmies but I am so bad with women specifically and people in general that I talk about spending thousands of dollars on Legos like it's a good choice indicative of having my life really figured out. If u can't handle that, tough titty. :c00l:"

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

I'd be an incel in one hot minute if it meant I could stop spending money on rent and start buying loads of rad lego. Those guys don't know how lucky they are, living four-year-old me's dream.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
With guys that are Incels it sounds like they don't have a lot of female peers (not just friends, but relatives, close co workers, etc). Now these guys often claim they do (simply getting 'friendzoned' at every turn) but honestly if you had a decent amount of close female friends and peers then you aren't going to get all shy and goony if you were romantically attracted to a particular lady.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Sure, but why have relationships with human flesh when my perfect angelic 14yo hentai waifu will make me dinner and then let me watch her get plugged by three tentacle monsters while I build this awesome $400 custom Marvel lego set?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

quidditch it and quit it posted:

I'd be an incel in one hot minute if it meant I could stop spending money on rent and start buying loads of rad lego. Those guys don't know how lucky they are, living four-year-old me's dream.
It's not too late, you can always be a volcel!

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.
I do not think that sharing your romantic moments publicly means you are a narcissist. I never heard of someone proposing because they want attention, if they really want attention there are many more ways to get it without committing yourself to marriage. Seems a little harsh to make that kind of judgement.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

quidditch it and quit it posted:

If it wasn't for my gf and wanting her to remain my gf I would devote a spare bedroom to making a huge Lego city.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Shayu posted:

I do not think that sharing your romantic moments publicly means you are a narcissist. I never heard of someone proposing because they want attention, if they really want attention there are many more ways to get it without committing yourself to marriage. Seems a little harsh to make that kind of judgement.

It isn't. This is just the classic knee jerk goon reaction to anything they don't want or understand.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

scrubs season six posted:

If it wasn't for my gf and wanting her to remain my gf I would devote a spare bedroom to making a huge Lego city.

I had a youth pastor that had that room, and he was married. I'm thinking his wife probably had self esteem problems :(

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Panfilo posted:

With guys that are Incels it sounds like they don't have a lot of female peers (not just friends, but relatives, close co workers, etc). Now these guys often claim they do (simply getting 'friendzoned' at every turn) but honestly if you had a decent amount of close female friends and peers then you aren't going to get all shy and goony if you were romantically attracted to a particular lady.

if they had genuine female friends they'd be able to see girls as actual people, as opposed to sex dolls

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Shayu posted:

ok dude there's "sharing your romantic moments publicly" and then there's making sure everybody in this stadium is watching you get engaged on a giant screen

I'm not talking about a Facebook post about how well your date went or something here

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I main Hanzo in Overwatch. I am so good at Hanzo I get four gold medal every match and often get PotG with my Dragon Arrow Beams. Every time I slam pick him at the start of a competitive match someone tells me to switch off but I ignore them. I'm confessing this anonymously because secretly it hurts me inside and you can't get headshots with tears in your eyes.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Management posted:

It isn't. This is just the classic knee jerk goon reaction to anything they don't want or understand.

While I wouldn't say they are narcissists they are certainly some type of rear end in a top hat. Its unfair to the person you're proposing to and I'm always reminded of that scene from the modern classic Son In Law starring Pauly Shore where Becca's boyfriend, Travis, proposes in front of an entire room full of people to apply as much pressure as possible on her to say yes. Not everyone has a Crawl to come to the rescue and claim that he had already proposed to them in California and show everyone that there is room in the world for both small town charm and big city attitude.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

areyoucontagious posted:

Sure, but why have relationships with human flesh when my perfect angelic 14yo hentai waifu will make me dinner and then let me watch her get plugged by three tentacle monsters while I build this awesome $400 custom Marvel lego set?

Why can't it be both? :qq:

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I never thought I'd miss the dog-shooting goon or the gun-fetish goon so much

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I'm a pansexual, I find cast iron to be extremely erotic

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Panfilo posted:

welp :suicide:

If I turn out like an incel, please shoot me

MongolArcher
Jan 2, 2009

areyoucontagious posted:

I had a youth pastor that had that room, and he was married. I'm thinking his wife probably had self esteem problems :(

Hey, my husband has that room. It's half our basement and it's amazing the detail he can create with those bricks. My half of the basement is the sewing room, with all my different machines and bins of fabric. It's possible to have different hobbies and still be happily married. 😊

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Your hobby is sweatshop labor?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

MongolArcher posted:

Hey, my husband has that room. It's half our basement and it's amazing the detail he can create with those bricks. My half of the basement is the sewing room, with all my different machines and bins of fabric. It's possible to have different hobbies and still be happily married. 😊

I think the big difference there is that you share the room, not that your husband has a bedroom dedicated to his obsession and you just have to deal with it

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Sjs00 posted:

I never thought I'd miss the dog-shooting goon or the gun-fetish goon so much

Lol yes it did get odd in here didn't it.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

monkeytennis posted:

Lol yes it did get odd in here didn't it.

I'm not sure how to feel about the fact that I relate more to those two than to the more recent confessions. Update us canine-murder goon and Dirty-Harry goon!

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Nocheez posted:

I'm pansexual; I only get off when I look at photos that show 180+ degrees field of view.

I'm a pansexual; I only get off when I listen to Zamfir.

Imaduck
Apr 16, 2007

the magnetorotational instability turns me on

Shayu posted:

It's a bad idea to propose to someone if you haven't already discussed it and don't already know what they're going to say. It's a doubling down on a bad idea to do so in public.

If you've discussed the proposal and you know that they'd want to do it publicly and that's your thing, that's probably fine. I mean, if you're doing it in front of your family and stuff and your future spouse is cool with that, I'd find it strange, but you be you.

If you're doing it in front of a bunch of strangers, then part of your motivation is to get attention. I wouldn't go so far as the other guy and say your entire engagement is for getting attention if you do that, but it definitely sounds like you're looking for attention in your proposal. But hell, everything about weddings these days is to get as many people to focus as much attention on you as possible while you flaunt your wealth, so why not do it with your proposal too?

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

I hate incels and mra's because they're giving old school weirdo shut ins like myself a bad name. Am I socially stunted, yes, am I a bit of a misogynist, yes, but I'm not dumb enough to think that women don't ultimately have it worse than I do, and I don't think playing with legos in my spare time is a significant anti establishment statement. Write poetry, paint, pick up a musical instrument, do something genuinely creative with all that extra time/money you loving sods, or better yet, admit that your brain is hosed and go see a shrink. Hell do drugs and/or drink thats more loving interesting than playing minecraft all day.

*edit
I'm dumb and I just responded to a troll.

skeletonotherkin fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Dec 3, 2016

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Gimbal lock posted:

I bless the gains down in Africa

:wow:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

McGavin posted:

I'm a pansexual; I only get off when I listen to Zamfir.

I'm a pansexual; The Judge says I can't get within 100 feet of a kitchen.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

text me a vag pic posted:

Here is a very funny and very sad documentary on Incels and pick up artists: Shy Boys IRL
The incel is an rear end in a top hat and his Photoshop of the plastic surgery he wanted was hilarious, the PUA is a PUA, and the other dude needs some goddamn therapy.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I'm male and I think women in general are p cool, even if they don't desire sexual intercourse with me.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I'm pantssexual :goku:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I saw another confession in the thread that prompted me. I too have sleep humping issues. I guess I've always had this but I really noticed it one night when I slept next to a friend. I basically jammed my hand down her pants and tried to finger her. She was pretty mad about it. Since then Ive mostly managed to not grope anyone ive slept with, aside from a few times here and there. over the cvourse of other relationships in the last 15 years ive pulled down my girlfriend's pants, tried to touch her bhole, or giving tender loving kisses on her forehead while i mumble slept gibberish. however sometimes i jerk myself off in my sleep or hump my bed and it gets real aggressive. current GF could sleep through a hoiuse fire, but i slam gently caress my bed so i know she's noticed. i wake up half way to coming and its terrible.

Im terrified to sleep in the same room as other people because i have def woken myself up jerking it with other people in the room. on top of that, sometimes i talk in my sleep to and the combo talk + jerk really can lead to some awkward moments like when my friend was staying over and i kept moaning her name while cranking it until my GF punched me in the head.

quote:

Whenever I am finished masturbating, I always wipe my penis down with a hand towel. It is not the best hand towel, so there's still loads (lol) of semen left on my red hot penis. I usually wipe it off with my hand, which I then wipe on my bedroom wall. If you were to bring a UV light into the room, the wall closest to my PC would blind you. I move apartments every other Fall. My semen is all over town.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I'm male and I think women in general are p cool, even if they don't desire sexual intercourse with me.

People who think all women are poo poo are missing out on cool as heck people. It's incredibly their loss.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Gimbal lock posted:

People who think all women are poo poo are missing out on cool as heck people. It's incredibly their loss.

Deffo, I always liked working with older women too, real people are real male or female.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Who the gently caress are you people that sleep with all these random people in your bed or rooms.....like.. wtf?

Why is that so common in your life

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
What the gently caress just use some tissue paper

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Waroduce posted:

Who the gently caress are you people that sleep with all these random people in your bed or rooms.....like.. wtf?

Why is that so common in your life

Some of us have trouble finding or staying in a committed relationship, but still like loving people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

loquacius posted:

quote:

so there's still loads (lol) of semen left on my red hot penis

quote:

red hot penis