Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

DR2 and Strider are supposed to be alright I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DR2 was a Japanese /US co-production and yeah Strider is okay, not great though. The only one I could honestly think of was Bionic Commando Rearmed :v:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Just finished up Sapienza in Hitman. This game is amazing. It's incredible how you can walk in any random direction and the game is so good at giving you options that you almost always feel like you're making forward progress.

I can definitely tell I'm going to want to replay these levels over and over. There are so many paths, so many times I've said "huh, if I had item x I could do something there, better keep that in mind for next time."

Definitely worth checking out.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

:yeah:

The first time through a map is quite intimidating, but eventually you get so good at navigating the different paths and dodging the various patrols that it almost feels like Agent 47 is just a super well-prepared dude with the instincts to match. Plus, if you try the "no costume" challenges you'll discover how well the levels are put together.

I'd stay away from the Escalation missions, btw... A few are kinda interesting (and use parts of the map that otherwise don't have anything going for them) but they often become luck-based and kinda tedious.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

boy are my arms tired posted:

why is there a baby in a portable container

so you can carry the baby around

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

I loved MSGV even though it was the only Metal Gear game I've ever played. The whole time though I was thinking "man great game, if it only it just stuck to the cool tactical action and dumped the Anime Factor it would be even better!"

I dressed up as Venom Snake for Halloween and made someone genuinely upset when I reported that fact and espoused that opinion.

play metal gear rising

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I will say that while it's still anime as all get out, the story on the new Blazblue sticks the landing and ends in a mostly satisfying, mostly making sense manner. Still wish it had a dub though

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

blazblueCF story is indeed very good for your standard anime tale of religious order/world government hunting the cool amnesiac rogue with inter-dimensional Armageddon on the line

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Is it a fighting game or a VN? Or both?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bloodychill posted:

Is it a fighting game or a VN? Or both?

both in story mode. its a really great fighting game too. revelator is cooler and better imo but the characters are really fun to use and diverse and its simpler to play

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I've always liked GG more but BB has a really huge diverse roster. When you look at a game like this where no two characters really play anything alike and he'll almost no two pyrite tile moves are alike, it makes Capcom's "half the characters are variations on Ryu" thing seem kind of lame these days.

The story mode barely has any fights but the arcade mode is all fighting and had 3 stories for most of its characters. It really has a ton of single player content this time around which is good for sone one like me who likes fighting games but can't deal with the prospect of people that are actually good at them.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

glam rock hamhock posted:

Yeah, I've always liked GG more but BB has a really huge diverse roster. When you look at a game like this where no two characters really play anything alike and he'll almost no two pyrite tile moves are alike, it makes Capcom's "half the characters are variations on Ryu" thing seem kind of lame these days.

The story mode barely has any fights but the arcade mode is all fighting and had 3 stories for most of its characters. It really has a ton of single player content this time around which is good for sone one like me who likes fighting games but can't deal with the prospect of people that are actually good at them.

You should just play and lose cause you get loads better if you can take the loss with a clear head and bear to rewatch it later

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I tried some Soul Calibur 2 for the first time in a while and the story mode thing is still pretty neat imo

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

soul calibur 2's story mode is interesting because it's the first game in the post-sealed ganondorf split timeline

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.amazon.com/The-Keyboard-Waffle-Iron-CES01/dp/B015QJPUOA

:pcgaming:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
get a mouse shaped biscuit and then we'll be in business

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
all I can think about seeing that is "keyboard goop" and then my mind throws up

is there a smaller waffle iron for the num keys :v:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Gearbox announcing that they are re-releasing Bulletstorm for a full $50 seems like a perfect capstone to a year full of terrible and overpriced HD remasters. Even if it does finally make DukeVision a reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDtv9fImfNw

Desperate Character posted:

Use it to make biscuits and gravy.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

'a nerd and his money are soon parted' - thomas tusser 1573

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Desperate Character posted:

It was my first thought too, to be honest

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I beat Mega Man 3!!!!!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Sweet, I recently played through that myself a few weeks ago. Did you use top spin or search snakes on the boss of the game?

Also gently caress the yellow devil

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Hello, Gamechat thread. When I get my Playstation 4 this month, I am going to find a way to stream so that I can display gamerbird, Yoshi, sitting on my glasses and talking, to all of you, who are all folks who enjoy games, and might enjoy me playin' 'em with a bird who also likes to use game controllers. He talks the most while I'm playing games, so if I get a Twitch channel or something, maybe I can finally film him saying "Well, excuse me, princess!" (he can say that now, but can't quite draw out "excuse" yet)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sweet, I recently played through that myself a few weeks ago. Did you use top spin or search snakes on the boss of the game?

Also gently caress the yellow devil

I used Spin on the final boss, and I used Rush Jet on the second phase of Wily which seemed almost too easy.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I feel particularly stupid as I play the Escapist: every time I steal a guard uniform, I manage to lose it through carelessness. :negative:

Why am I so bad at this game....

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

I used Spin on the final boss, and I used Rush Jet on the second phase of Wily which seemed almost too easy.

Yeah, Rush Jet on Wily 1 is the standard way to cheese the second part of Wily in MM3, after you have shot his robot wiener off.

e: Search snakes on the final boss forever, though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

Yeah, Rush Jet on Wily 1 is the standard way to cheese the second part of Wily in MM3, after you have shot his robot wiener off.

e: Search snakes on the final boss forever, though

Trying to fight him legit seemed crazy because he has like 0.4 seconds where he is in range of being hit

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I have always used Rush Jet, because I am a coward.

In fact, it took until I was an adult to beat it legitimately, instead of using the "superjump" cheat to become invincible, which is what I did when I was a child.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Admittedly it might have been because the superjump cheat involves using controller 2, so it felt like my brother and I were beating dr. wily cooperatively.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I found a glitch in Mega Man 3 where I made Gemini Man despawn and softlock the game, which was exciting.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I beat the Titanfall 2 campaign and it was very good and fun. Wish it was just a bit longer.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

I found a glitch in Mega Man 3 where I made Gemini Man despawn and softlock the game, which was exciting.

that sounds cool and i was unaware of that one.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I too only played MM3 with the ultra jump cheat that could also make you I invincible which is part of the reason it was so nice to finally beat that game (mostly) legit.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I was psyched to play TF2 since release and I finally got my hands on it on PC. After two hours I'm uninstalling the game. Just doesn't click with me, I think my days of enjoying that kind of chaos are over. Hopped on Overwatch and went on a three game win streak and had much more fun.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

that sounds cool and i was unaware of that one.

https://clips.twitch.tv/in_training/BeautifulLobsterWholeWheat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its not in the clip but I used Rush Jet to scour every inch of the room to make sure he wasnt just invisible and stuck in the air somewhere but no dice. It just sat like that for a few minutes and I had to roll it back to a save state.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Where's the free trial for Titanfall 2 on the Sony webstore?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

Its not in the clip but I used Rush Jet to scour every inch of the room to make sure he wasnt just invisible and stuck in the air somewhere but no dice. It just sat like that for a few minutes and I had to roll it back to a save state.

lol

i think i have always used search snakes, which slow things down so much that the second gemini man dies shortly after the first, which is probably why i never encountered this.

i love video games.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I too only played MM3 with the ultra jump cheat that could also make you I invincible which is part of the reason it was so nice to finally beat that game (mostly) legit.

yeah, it feels pretty cool to face the gemini man doc robot stage and say "Hey, that wasn't so hard after all." it helps if you play 1 and 2 first, because they're both way harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

precision posted:

Where's the free trial for Titanfall 2 on the Sony webstore?

I don't know how it works on consoles but if you go to the website there are links to every version of the trial.

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/free-multiplayer-trial/

• Locked thread