Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
The Commander's Guide to Knowing the Risks of XCOM 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Lunethex posted:

The Commander's Guide to Knowing the Risks of XCOM 2

For example, Viper binds, and also

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hmm... I guess due to the way the game's RNG works, technically you could recreate the mission with the exact same moves in the exact same order and it'd play out the same, wouldn't it? Or does it only start "deciding" what it's going to do to retaliate your moves in advance after you break concealment? Maybe that would only work if the save was made inside a mission already in progress.

edit: I am not implying it's worth the effort to do this, if it is possible, just saying I think it'd be neat.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
If I had a save file at the start of the mission, I could theoretically do that. Or at least test to see if the AI would behave the exact same way a second time.

I don't have a save file at the start of the mission though, so I can't load it up and give that a try even if I wanted to.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

That Saints Row colored Skyranger cracked me the hell up

Now we just need a Saints Row/XCOM crossover

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

FlamingLiberal posted:

Now we just need a Saints Row/XCOM crossover

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=670520185
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=669528118
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=653173212
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=656127493

Here you go.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I need this image modded to include a santa hat, a sack, whatever makes it more santa like. Tinsel, maybe a sectoid elf, i dunno. For reasons.

http://i.imgur.com/xyNMjuc.jpg

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-
I was working on that image, and then accidentally exited the program without saving. I'll try again in a bit.

Here ya go:

Anaxite fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Dec 2, 2016

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
That is a nice mustache. Thank you.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
In his recent couple of videos, Beaglerush discovered Proximity Mines. I hadn't heard such maniacal laughter from him in a long time.

He immediately set out to figure how to use them in the best manner. Over the two videos it was like he became a nascant god of destruction at last realizing it's powers. At one point he fired a mine into a small building that a Faceless was standing on top of. The building literally ceased to exist and the Faceless had a couple seconds to pull a Wiley E. Coyote face before plummeting.

A grenadier with mines, Salvo, and Volatile Mix is a tiny bit broken...it is GLORIOUS to watch in action though...

EDIT: Here's the magical moment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNm4zK5kahk&t=1507s

Rabidredneck fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Dec 3, 2016

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Rabidredneck posted:

In his recent couple of videos, Beaglerush discovered Proximity Mines. I hadn't heard such maniacal laughter from him in a long time.

He immediately set out to figure how to use them in the best manner. Over the two videos it was like he became a nascant god of destruction at last realizing it's powers. At one point he fired a mine into a small building that a Faceless was standing on top of. The building literally ceased to exist and the Faceless had a couple seconds to pull a Wiley E. Coyote face before plummeting.

A grenadier with mines, Salvo, and Volatile Mix is a tiny bit broken...it is GLORIOUS to watch in action though...

Yeah I think you can get 2 mines with the one perk, they are pretty loving rad.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Don't think there's been a game where prox mines haven't been hilarious.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Rabidredneck posted:

EDIT: Here's the magical moment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNm4zK5kahk&t=1507s

I personally liked the MEC/Officer pod in the watch tower getting murdered by the proxy mine during the ADVENT site mission. His last few missions have been hilarious because of how much ordinance he can bring. Keep in mind, though, that's he's playing a 1.0 review copy and not the current game that we have.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Rick_Hunter posted:

I personally liked the MEC/Officer pod in the watch tower getting murdered by the proxy mine during the ADVENT site mission. His last few missions have been hilarious because of how much ordinance he can bring. Keep in mind, though, that's he's playing a 1.0 review copy and not the current game that we have.

I will say this though, I'm amazed he's suddenly started uploading videos at such as rapid rate.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Stephen9001 posted:

I will say this though, I'm amazed he's suddenly started uploading videos at such as rapid rate.
Beagle started to stream his playthrough in realtime instead of putting as much effort as he used to in the after editing before putting up his youtube videos, which explains the rapid pace he's kept for a while.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Sylphosaurus posted:

Beagle started to stream his playthrough in realtime instead of putting as much effort as he used to in the after editing before putting up his youtube videos, which explains the rapid pace he's kept for a while.

Uh, I know the first part, but the thing is, that didn't stop him from taking an oddly long time to release things, as demonstrated by the fact part 17 was released 5 months ago. Whereas, in the last couple weeks, he's picked up the pace, and in the last couple days, uploaded more than 1 episode a day.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Stephen9001 posted:

Uh, I know the first part, but the thing is, that didn't stop him from taking an oddly long time to release things, as demonstrated by the fact part 17 was released 5 months ago. Whereas, in the last couple weeks, he's picked up the pace, and in the last couple days, uploaded more than 1 episode a day.

I think it's because he's been doing other things but previously power gamed the campaign and is now releasing a mission a day. I don't think he's playing his review copy at this moment.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Welp, next video was going to be up by now but it got a copyright claim so the whole thing is muted.

At least this time it wasn't complete bullshit. The claim is on the 30 seconds of the song i dropped in over the skyranger take off sequence. I guess we didn't talk over it enough! I'll have to mess around and see if I can muddle it enough to fool whatever scanned it or some up with something else.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Y'know, you don't really have to do the skyranger song thing. I don't feel like it adds much personally.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

CJacobs posted:

Y'know, you don't really have to do the skyranger song thing. I don't feel like it adds much personally.

I thought it was actually a sarcastic "guess what I also know how to push three buttons to splice in clips of music" kind of joke, considering jade's disdain for the post-production flair vanity LPers use to (try to) fluff up their presentation. :v:

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Really? not that much love for it? Guava wanted a mod that could throw music onto the skyranger so I started doing it the roundabout way when the mod required stream dev kit tools or some god awful complex stuff. I thought it'd be nice, let me edit out a bunch of load time and throw some cool and possibly unusual music in there.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I mean, if it's going to start tripping copyright detectors, it's probably not worth it.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Do what you want to do, Jade. I personally like your music in every video.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

GunnerJ posted:

I mean, if it's going to start tripping copyright detectors, it's probably not worth it.

I have no strong feelings one way or thw other about the songs themselves, but this is the practical argument.

if doing more work is just potentially cause you trouble, just don't do it.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Yeah, I got a few giggles out of the music but if it's gonna set off the draconian copyright crap, it might not be worth it.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

the music is fun, but maybe not facing down the leviathan fun

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Little giggles from music switches are fun but not VIDEO NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR COUNTRY fun.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Jade Star posted:

Really? not that much love for it? Guava wanted a mod that could throw music onto the skyranger so I started doing it the roundabout way when the mod required stream dev kit tools or some god awful complex stuff. I thought it'd be nice, let me edit out a bunch of load time and throw some cool and possibly unusual music in there.

I was more into the skins changing all the time rather than the music. But hey, at least it's not copyrighted wind, right?

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Jade Star posted:

It's cool, but ultimately it's 30sec out of a 40min video, so if it's causing problems and delays it's not worth the effort to find workarounds.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

The only real solution here is for you to perform the music yourself, with Guava beatboxing.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Rectus posted:

The only real solution here is for you to perform the music yourself, with Guava beatboxing.
Bonus points for Skippy on the banjo.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

AradoBalanga posted:

I've just caught up on the Xcom 1 LP and yes please

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

AradoBalanga posted:

Please.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Maybe just give Skippy the music that you're planning on using and have him record his banjo version. Should definitely fly under the radar. :banjo:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Rick_Hunter posted:

Maybe just give Skippy the music that you're planning on using and have him record his banjo version. Should definitely fly under the radar. :banjo:

But then the video might just get flagged for something completely different. Like the sound of the wind. Of course some corporate prick claims they own the rights to it. That happened in the EW LP,from what I remember.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
Bring in UZworm and his accordion.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

VolticSurge posted:

But then the video might just get flagged for something completely different. Like the sound of the wind. Of course some corporate prick claims they own the rights to it. That happened in the EW LP,from what I remember.

definitely led to a very special episode though

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
echoing other's sentiments that you should probably just skip the music clips if it's going to cause technical trouble and delays and risks facing the wrath of youtube's terrible copyright system. We're all here to watch aliens get shot in the face and Guava making fun of you anyway, we can live without Skyranger Radio DJ time. :v:

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

ousire posted:

echoing other's sentiments that you should probably just skip the music clips if it's going to cause technical trouble and delays and risks facing the wrath of youtube's terrible copyright system. We're all here to watch Aliens and Jade's soldiers get shot in the face and Guava making fun of you anyway, we can live without Skyranger Radio DJ time. :v:

Fixed that for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Rectus posted:

Changing my vote to this

• Locked thread