Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Dr Pepper posted:

I like em.

Final fantasy .txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Make Bahamut a summoner

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Nihilarian posted:

Make Bahamut a summoner

However, he specifically cannot cast Bahamut or Neo Bahamut. Instead all of his Soul Breaks have a mechanic where if you do have one or both of those equipped (which leaves them blacked out and unusable as though he were silenced) it provides a damage multiplier to the Soul Breaks.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Minor characters that can still be mined:

FF1
The robot that helps you get up to the sky fortress
Bahamut
Vampire
Dwarf guy that blows up dynamite
King of Cornelia
Cid

FF2
Princess Hilda
Borghen
Josef's Daughter
Paul
Scott
Cid

FF3
Doga
Unei
Xande
Goldor
Hein
Cid

FF4
Calca
Brina
Dwarf Princess

FF5
Kelger
Xezat
King Tycoon
Boko
Hiryu
Enkidu
Enuo
Ghido
Mid
Cid

FF6
Umaro
Gogo
Bannon
Emperor Geshtal
Typhon
Interceptor

FF7
Hojo

General. loving. Leo.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

General. loving. Leo.
Well, the point of that list is that it's a collection of side characters who haven't shown up in FFRK, not even in JP. In contrast, General Leo already showed up as a JP character and is apparently set to be the focus of the very next Global event.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

NGDBSS posted:

Well, the point of that list is that it's a collection of side characters who haven't shown up in FFRK, not even in JP. In contrast, General Leo already showed up as a JP character and is apparently set to be the focus of the very next Global event.

Well then consider me extremely happy! I don't follow JP.

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

Thundercracker posted:

If we're wishlisting. Let's just get the Bouncer crew in there. All monks. Every single one.

I'd rather have the boss in dragon tattoo form or echidna over the MC of Bouncer.

Then again I only liked the double agent and the wrestler.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Attestant posted:

Third option: Treat the entire game like one big Cid's Mission, and just bruteforce everything with 5* and 6* skills, damage RM's and maybe use a few damaging soul breaks late in the fight. :v:

This is pretty much what I do right now anyway.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

FF1
The robot that helps you get up to the sky fortress
Bahamut
Vampire
Dwarf guy that blows up dynamite
King of Cornelia
Cid

No love for Astos and Bikke?

NGDBSS posted:

It's a shame he only gets a SSB. If he had a decent BSB I'd have considered chasing for him because Leo's the best. At least Edgar gets an OSB and someone who isn't as cool as Leo gets a BSB... :confuoot:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The next character is Syldra

She is also a summoner

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

LornMarkus posted:

However, he specifically cannot cast Bahamut or Neo Bahamut. Instead all of his Soul Breaks have a mechanic where if you do have one or both of those equipped (which leaves them blacked out and unusable as though he were silenced) it provides a damage multiplier to the Soul Breaks.

That or he just shapeshifts into another form of Bahamut and goes nuts.

*edit*

Someone also mentioned that a Chocobo should be a character, imagine a BSSB where the initial phase is a shortened version of Knights of the Round.

Munoma fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 3, 2016

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog

Nihilarian posted:

The next character is Syldra

She is also a summoner

Every single soul break she has summons Faris to shoot arrows at the enemy

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Bikke legitimately would have been a better choice for FF1 than Master Monk. But really there's only so much you can do with that game.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Munoma posted:

That or he just shapeshifts into another form of Bahamut and goes nuts.

*edit*

Someone also mentioned that a Chocobo should be a character, imagine a BSSB where the initial phase is a shortened version of Knights of the Round.
Knights of the Round, but all the knights are chocobos

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Munoma posted:

I'm disappointed Sephiroth's OSB wasn't his galaxy destroying super attack from his boss fight.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

On that note, why isn't the BSB for any given FF9 character their trance state? I guess it would take a little extra work to use the alternate sprite, but it'd be pretty freaking sick. Or they could offer them as alt costumes, and they could add a little shine/sparkle effect. I'd leave Kuja in a Trance alt all the time.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
^^^^ I've wanted Trance (Morph I guess for us folks that played FF"3") for Terra ever since I heard about BSBs

Speaking of Knights of the Round, I hope FFRK is around long enough for a King Thordan bossfight (with a THOREX-like showdown for whatever hardmode stuff they do at the time)

For additional characters, I have no problem with Master Monk. I played the original, long before there was a single warrior of light rebranding. They can bring back the other evolved classes too.

I'd be even happier if they reached out to other Squaresoft classic properties, bringing in characters from Romancing SaGa and especially those from SD3/"Secret of Mana 2" or Chrono Trigger for that matter.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Bell_ posted:

I'd be even happier if they reached out to other Squaresoft classic properties, bringing in characters from Romancing SaGa and especially those from SD3/"Secret of Mana 2" or Chrono Trigger for that matter.
They've done several of these. Seiken Densetsu and SaGa, even. We just don't get them in global :v:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Bell_ posted:

^^^^ I've wanted Trance (Morph I guess for us folks that played FF"3") for Terra ever since I heard about BSBs

Speaking of Knights of the Round, I hope FFRK is around long enough for a King Thordan bossfight (with a THOREX-like showdown for whatever hardmode stuff they do at the time)

For additional characters, I have no problem with Master Monk. I played the original, long before there was a single warrior of light rebranding. They can bring back the other evolved classes too.

Thordan as a difficulty 250 multiplayer battle, completely with your 8 man party having to go through all phases of KOTR, would be amazing in theory and likely a horrible clusterfuck in reality.

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

Koobes posted:

I'm disappointed Sephiroth's OSB wasn't his galaxy destroying super attack from his boss fight.

Ah Supernova, what a silly move you are.

Personally I think it would be more interesting if he transformed into either Safer or Bizzaro form for a multi-hit non-elemental before reverting to his original form.

Zonko_T.M. posted:

On that note, why isn't the BSB for any given FF9 character their trance state? I guess it would take a little extra work to use the alternate sprite, but it'd be pretty freaking sick. Or they could offer them as alt costumes, and they could add a little shine/sparkle effect. I'd leave Kuja in a Trance alt all the time.

Perhaps when we finally get ultimate moves this could be a reality *Grand Lethal*. That or we could have some new dress spheres due to a lack of them in the IX universe.

Munoma fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 3, 2016

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

FF1
Cid

:bahgawd:

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Since y'all are listing a bunch of characters we don't have yet, you can save us all some time by not listing the following, which are all in the JP version already:

FF1: Master, Matoya
FF2: The Emperor
FF3: Cloud of Darkness
FF4: Ceodore, Cid Pollendina
FF5: Dorgann
FF6: Leo
FF7: Angeal, Rufus
FF8: Raijin, Fujin
FF9: *crickets*
FF10: Seymour
FF11: Ayame, Curilla, Lion, Prishe
FF12: Vayne
FF13: *crickets*
FF14: Alphinaud, Minfilia
Tactics: Orlandu, Gafgarion, Rafa, Malak
WoFF: Lann, Reynn

Leo, Angeal and Dorgann will all arrive by the end of the year. Alphinaud, Minfilia are due around the new year, plus Orlandu and Gafgarion should appear sometime in late January. Curilla and Ayame were skipped for now.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
For FF13 you could definitely do Barthandelus in his basic human form.

There's also Dajh. Hey we already have Eiko and she's supposed to be 6 years old. :v:

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost
The After Breaks:

Kain jumps heavensward: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkgpSVXwbWw
Yang does what Yang does best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AscfONSj9pc
Ceodore goes for the delta attack with his parents: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A5WHtr8GkM
... and bands with Kain for his SSB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeMMTARjCLk

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Elephant Ambush posted:

For FF13 you could definitely do Barthandelus in his basic human form.

There's also Dajh. Hey we already have Eiko and she's supposed to be 6 years old. :v:

There's also Yeul, the only character more deserving of suicide soul breaks than Tellah and Josef.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
FF3 U/U+/U++ were jokes.

Rematches were mostly jokes; Caius would have actually still been a legit fight but even he couldn't outpace repeated heals from Penelo BSB.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Cid_of_the_Lufaine :smug:

More stupid characters that are dumb ideas:

FF6
Biggs
Wedge
Darill
Rachel
Doomtrain Ghost
Doomtrain
Molulu
Moghan
Moguel
Moglin
Mogret
Moggie
Mogsy
Mogwin
Mugmug
Cosmog
Cid

FF7
Biggs
Wedge
Jessie
Rufus
Lucrecia
Palmer

FF8
Biggs
Wedge
Kiros
Ward
NORG
Ellone
Cid

FF9
Queen Brahne
Garland
Zorn
Thorn
Sir Fratley
Bobby Corwen
Cid

FFX
Sin (takes up your whole party)
Nooj
Leblanc
Shuyin (maybe just wardrobe record for Tidus)
Cid

FFXI
I dunno didn't play it
Cid

FFXII
Job Board Moogle
Al-Cid
Cid

FFXIII
Hope's Mom (she's tough)
Dajh

FFT
Beowulf (actually not a dumb idea)
Reis - dragon
Reis - person
Yellow Chocobo
Black Chocobo
Red Chocobo (must have Choco Meteor)
Wiegraf
Cloud
Aeris
Balthier
Saint Ajora

Boogaloo Shrimp fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Dec 3, 2016

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Job Board Moogle? You mean Montblanc? If we ever get a Tactics Advance event he'd probably show up then

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Having Cloud (FFT) and Aerith (FFT) with different skillsets from the normal ones would actually be hilarious.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ashley Riot (T)

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

. . . god dammit, game, why you do this to me? :negative:

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

FF9
Queen Brahne
Garland
Zorn
Thorn
Sir Fratley
Bobby Corwen
Cid

Where the hell is Lani?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

FF6

Molulu
Moghan
Moguel
Moglin
Mogret
Moggie
Mogsy
Mogwin
Mugmug
Cosmog

What version(s) use these dumb names and not the superior names from the SNES?

I'd also support every FF6 character getting a dress sphere that makes them a moogle. Especially if it swapped their name to the placeholder's.

Munoma posted:

Where the hell is Lani?

Come play FFBE, you'll have more Lani than you could ever want. :v:

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

You know what, now I want a Lightning SB in which she demonstrates the proper way to deal with FF13's moogles. Namely, to suffer precisely none of their poo poo, but instead to launch them or otherwise knock them flying.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
YOLO 11-pull on the current VIII was 1/11, and I had a bad feeling upon seeing that single rainbow orb. Turns out it was Zell's BSB! Do I seriously want to hone Lifebane now or just keep it at R1? Also I figure with the reduced delay command that Full Charge becomes really damned strong with him as well. Maybe Lifebane/Full Charge and he just shits out damage as long as I put Mako Might on him.

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

paperwind posted:

YOLO 11-pull on the current VIII was 1/11, and I had a bad feeling upon seeing that single rainbow orb. Turns out it was Zell's BSB! Do I seriously want to hone Lifebane now or just keep it at R1? Also I figure with the reduced delay command that Full Charge becomes really damned strong with him as well. Maybe Lifebane/Full Charge and he just shits out damage as long as I put Mako Might on him.

I consistently advocate the use of Lifesiphon. It's a decently damaging move and I don't think it misses either. *I believe it shares the same properties of pound.*

Go ham pretty much.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Any goons want to get together and run the new 160 MP? Can't seem to get a party willing to bring enough healing and/or Mitigation to actually deal with the guy.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
I am thinking now after reading a Reddit post about it that Lifesiphon+Fires Within might be good (maybe with Fist damage+ RM). Charge the gauge, then go mad with the Chaincharge BSB command, use Fires Within for damage+healing.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Yolo pulled the FF8 banner, got Squall's OSB :toot:

Now to level him up from level 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost
Characters that will probably show up later:

FF1: Cid of the Lufaine and Meia (Mobius) are likely, given the right conditions.
FF2: Scott is still missing. Paul showed up in FFBE as a thief-type character.
FF3: Sara and Aria are the most likely, as they both recently joined the FFBE cast alongside Desch and our beloved Onion Knight. Doga and Unei are also pretty likely at some point, as they've also made cameos elsewhere. Xande is also a possibility.
FF4: The only character left that won't be a straight up clone of someone else is Luca (and her Calcabrina dolls). If they really want to mine the well, Leonora, Ursula and Giott are also bouncing around there, as well as the Eblan Four.
FF5: Kelger, Xezat, Gogo
FF6: Gestahl, Banon, Umaro, also Gogo (but I think they'd go to 5 first, as that's their home game)
FF7: Shelke is pretty high on the list, given her recent appearances elsewhere. Cissnei, Rude, Tseng and Elena would round out a full Turks party. Character like Dyne, Genesis and the Advent Children antagonists are also out there in left field.
FF8: Kiros and Ward are a given at some point.
FF9: Hmm. Mikoto is probably the only standout. Additionally, minor characters like Lani and Fratley are still out there (the former is playable in FFBE), plus the Tantalus crew (Marcus, Cinna and Blank).
FF10: Leblanc, Ormi and Logos are the standouts.
FF11: I'd put Zeid, Tenzen, Aphmau, Lilisette, Nashmeria, Iroha, Arciela and Maat on my shortlist. Kupipi and Werei are playables in FFBE. Aldo, Ulmia, Volker, Nanaa Mihgo and Naja Salaheem are also likely... eventually.
FF12: Reddas would be my pick for next to come. Al-Cid, Reks, Vossler and Rasler are the standouts for other possibilities.
FF13: Caius will eventually come. Jihl Nabaat and Amodar are likely. Lebreau and Gadot are also possibilities, as they are guest party members at the start of 13. Yeul, maybe.
FF14: Another huge cast to pull from, but I'd put my money on seeing the rest of the scions (Alisaie, Yugiri and Urianger). Nael Van Darnus or Gaius van Baelsar before long. In terms of unique standouts, Haurchefant, Ysayle and Estinien, once they get into Heavensward content. Not sure if they'd do Hildebrand/Nashu. Fanwank options are Raubahn, Merlwyb and Godbert.
FF15: Noctis & Co will happen... eventually. Noctis himself already happened to FFBE in Japan.
FFT: I want to say Beowulf and Reis will come as a pair. Meliadoul and Olan just made it into FFBE a few weeks ago. Alma and Izlude are also possible. Luso, Adelle, Montblanc, Marche and Ritz are candidates, if Advance titles fall under the Tactics realm.

Other possibilities from crossover events:

WoFF: Hauyn, maaaaaybe Enna Kros... but we'll probably need a WoFF2 to have a chance at either of those or any new WoFF protagonists appearing.
Type 0: Ace is just about everywhere these days, even Dissidia. It's only a matter of time...
Mystic Quest: Yeah, Benjamin. It could happen with a mobile remake.

Varance fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 3, 2016

• Locked thread