Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SickZip posted:

The Hillfolk that said no big deal to brinksmanship with Russia over nothing worth fighting over are now Terrified And Furious over a phone call to an ally because it makes China mad

saying something is bad = terrified and furious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
BREAKING: Trump spotted on twitter yelling "friend of the family" at keemstar fan Nelson_Mandela, displaying his powerful attunement to todays youth

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
The thing with Pakistan and Taiwan aren't world ending fuckups they're just signs that a) despite skipping all the national security briefings, Trump seems to legit have no idea what he's doing when he accidentally hits on touchy subjects for major nations, and b) seems to be best friends with the last person to speak with him and show him a bit of respect and so can probably be very easily manipulated by anyone who realizes this.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

wait what happened??? did trump get loving prank called???

trump answered a call from taiwan because he knows nothing about foreign policy

after everyone gave him poo poo for it, he tweeted a double-down

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

shiksa posted:

Can you be allies with a country you officially don't believe in lol

Yes, as proven by our military support to moderate Syrian rebels the US has a close relationship with many fictional beings

SickZip fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Dec 3, 2016

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Trump voter lost home to incoming Treasury secretary

quote:

WASHINGTON (AP) — When Donald Trump named his Treasury secretary, Teena Colebrook felt her heart sink.

She had voted for the president-elect on the belief that he would knock the moneyed elites from their perch in Washington. And she knew Trump's pick for Treasury — Steven Mnuchin — all too well.

OneWest, a bank formerly owned by a group of investors headed by Mnuchin, had foreclosed on her Los Angeles-area home in the aftermath of the Great Recession, stripping her of the two units she rented as a primary source of income.

"I just wish that I had not voted," said Colebrook, 59. "I have no faith in our government anymore at all. They all promise you the world at the end of a stick and take it away once they get in."

I'm shocked the conman has conned people.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DrProsek posted:

The thing with Pakistan and Taiwan aren't world ending fuckups they're just signs that a) despite skipping all the national security briefings, Trump seems to legit have no idea what he's doing when he accidentally hits on touchy subjects for major nations, and b) seems to be best friends with the last person to speak with him and show him a bit of respect and so can probably be very easily manipulated by anyone who realizes this.

this is the actual issue here, despite how people are trying to frame this as "whiny liberals mad about phone calls"

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

SickZip posted:

oh no china's feelings are hurt!!! much like they are to everything ever

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Yinlock posted:

trump answered a call from taiwan because he knows nothing about foreign policy

after everyone gave him poo poo for it, he tweeted a double-down

emptyquoting the million scoville take

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Duscat posted:

emptyquoting the million scoville take

i mean that's exactly what happened

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Yinlock posted:

saying something is bad = terrified and furious

It's not bad. Taiwan is an independent democratic state, saying as much is stating fact. China is a self righteous bully that shouldn't be catered to and their hurt feelings mean nothing

How many of you were crying over the Dalai Lama visiting the White House under Obama?

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Yinlock posted:

i mean that's exactly what happened

yah brah :agreed: i dunno if i'm doing this wrong somehow

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Neurolimal posted:

nobody is saying that it was a genius tactical move, and nothings going to happen because its a nonstory, not because trump lucked into safety

yeah, this definitely won't cause the chinese to treat us different diplomatically, not like they get super upset whenever people imply taiwan is not part of china

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SickZip posted:

It's not bad. Taiwan is am independent democratic state, saying as much is stating fact. China is a self righteous bully that shouldn't be catered to and their hurt feelings mean nothing

How many of you were crying over the Dalai Lama visiting the White House under Obama?

trump wasn't standing up to china though, this was pure ignorance that trump refuses to fix

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Duscat posted:

yah brah :agreed: i dunno if i'm doing this wrong somehow

"In journalism, a hot take is a "piece of deliberately provocative commentary that is based almost entirely on shallow moralizing" in response to a news story, "usually written on tight deadlines with little research or reporting, and even less thought".

i didn't know what it meant at first either

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
i'd rather the prez be chill about foreign officials, rather than bitter and paranoid about email hacks or corporate espionage

not saying hes the new ghandi, just that i don't see friendly relations as being easily manipulable

i think the real problem is that you're used to sociopaths holding office, instead of just straight greedy assholes

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

i'd rather the prez be chill about foreign officials, rather than bitter and paranoid about email hacks or corporate espionage

not saying hes the new ghandi, just that i don't see friendly relations as being easily manipulable

i think the real problem is that you're used to sociopaths holding office, instead of just straight greedy assholes

i think it would be nice if the president actually knew anything about global politics besides prime hotel real-estate

and lmao if you think trump isn't a sociopath

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Neurolimal posted:

i hope he's like ghandi in civ6

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Yinlock posted:

"In journalism, a hot take is a "piece of deliberately provocative commentary that is based almost entirely on shallow moralizing" in response to a news story, "usually written on tight deadlines with little research or reporting, and even less thought".

i didn't know what it meant at first either

lol holy poo poo i'm gonna have to reread like 10 thousand pages of c-spam now

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Karl Sharks posted:

yeah, this definitely won't cause the chinese to treat us different diplomatically, not like they get super upset whenever people imply taiwan is not part of china

could you name any hypothetical action they would take over this

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
wwwhhhhhyyyyyyyy is our next president named doooonnaallddddddddddddddd

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

• Disregard for right and wrong
  • Persistent lying or deceit to exploit others
  • Being callous, cynical and disrespectful of others
  • Using charm or wit to manipulate others for personal gain or personal pleasure
  • Arrogance, a sense of superiority and being extremely opinionated
  • Recurring problems with the law, including criminal behavior
  • Repeatedly violating the rights of others through intimidation and dishonesty
  • Impulsiveness or failure to plan ahead
  • Hostility, significant irritability, agitation, aggression or violence
  • Lack of empathy for others and lack of remorse about harming others
  • Unnecessary risk-taking or dangerous behavior with no regard for the safety of self or others
  • Poor or abusive relationships
  • Failure to consider the negative consequences of behavior or learn from them
  • Being consistently irresponsible and repeatedly failing to fulfill work or financial obligations

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

skylined! posted:

wwwhhhhhyyyyyyyy is our next president named doooonnaallddddddddddddddd

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Duscat posted:

lol holy poo poo i'm gonna have to reread like 10 thousand pages of c-spam now

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Yinlock posted:

and lmao if you think trump isn't a sociopath

Nothing about him really screams "sociopath" instead of "oblivious rich dickhead"

I mean for one, hes hilariously social, idk if trump could handle going a day without at least checking twitter to see what people are saying about him, he wants money first but still puts fame and adoration second

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Yinlock posted:

trump wasn't standing up to china though, this was pure ignorance that trump refuses to fix

Trump met Bolton earlier today before the call and Bolton is on record as advocating using Taiwan recognition as a tool against China.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Karl Sharks posted:

• Disregard for right and wrong
  • Persistent lying or deceit to exploit others
  • Being callous, cynical and disrespectful of others
  • Using charm or wit to manipulate others for personal gain or personal pleasure
  • Arrogance, a sense of superiority and being extremely opinionated
  • Recurring problems with the law, including criminal behavior
  • Repeatedly violating the rights of others through intimidation and dishonesty
  • Impulsiveness or failure to plan ahead
  • Hostility, significant irritability, agitation, aggression or violence
  • Lack of empathy for others and lack of remorse about harming others
  • Unnecessary risk-taking or dangerous behavior with no regard for the safety of self or others
  • Poor or abusive relationships
  • Failure to consider the negative consequences of behavior or learn from them
  • Being consistently irresponsible and repeatedly failing to fulfill work or financial obligations

it's amazing how trump fits every single criteria

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

it's only been a little over three weeks and Trump has already hosed up a whole bunch of things. this is gonna be a long 8 years

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Neurolimal posted:

Have you ever considered that good intents are not in fact good results and so things like declaring you've reset relations with Russia can actually have a negative impact?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

could you name any hypothetical action they would take over this

they're not going to take any one action over this, they're just more likely to be more difficult when we're negotiating

like how do you fail to understand this?

it'd be like calling trump a fat orange hitler who has fake hair and then expecting him to be super nice when you need to talk to him about not deporting all the immigrants

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

DrProsek posted:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Neurolimal posted:

Nothing about him really screams "sociopath" instead of "oblivious rich dickhead"

I mean for one, hes hilariously social, idk if trump could handle going a day without at least checking twitter to see what people are saying about him
Watch Nightcrawler to see the kind of sociopath Trump is. He talks to people constantly but it's only ever for his benefit.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

I mean for one, hes hilariously social, idk if trump could handle going a day without at least checking twitter to see what people are saying about him, he wants money first but still puts fame and adoration second

lmao you have no idea what sociopathy is do you?

christ dude

yeah, the guy who says he has no friends, just business associates is super social

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Neurolimal posted:

Uh I Don't think you know what sociopath means

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

DrProsek posted:

Have you ever considered that good intents are not in fact good results and so things like declaring you've reset relations with Russia can actually have a negative impact?

sure, but until thats the case why flip out about him not being immediately adversarial and hawkish towards every country

we're not talking about Trump backing a hypothetical world war 3 because he thinks putin is swell, we're talking him not saying "ima carve russia up!!!!"

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
i have abandoned politics

i have renovated two integral rooms in my house to be most comfortable

i have purchased an expensive television

i have lied to myself of the realities of the post-reality world

soon i will be ready for consumerist death

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

how do you say he's not a sociopath like all of our other presidents

and then equate not being social with being a sociopath

yeah, obama, bush, clinton, reagan, all notorious for not being social :pysduck:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
no china, no china. you're the china

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
War in the middle east? War with Russia?

watch this drive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Karl Sharks posted:

how do you say he's not a sociopath like all of our other presidents

and then equate not being social with being a sociopath

yeah, obama, bush, clinton, reagan, all notorious for not being social :pysduck:

A sociopath is a rational actor who has no regard for others. Trump has NPD, he's an irrational actor with no regard for others!

• Locked thread