Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kore_Fero
Jan 31, 2008
Presuming people have the xp earned on ships that's €100 of funbux to convert it all plus all the playing needed to save that much. I think if had that much money to spend on ships I would just buy the fun T7s but I guess its suppose to be a very niche appeal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

Was on the opposite side of the battle from me, so I couldn't see what was going on, but just got out of a battle with 2 Missouris* divisioned together on the other team. We won - rather quickly at that - but that's the kind of stuff that I'm saying is going to completely gently caress high tier IJN destroyers. Multiple non-squishy radar-carrying ships travelling together is basically making a huge anti-DD area, and note that it only really applies to IJN destroyers, since high tier Russian and US destroyers have no need to get within 10 km to seriously attack them, that lasts for a huge chunk of the battle. Paired with even just a single a Baltimore or Chapayev you can stagger their usage too to cover something like 1-2 minutes at a time with no coverage gaps, or longer if you don't immediately start the next one up - leaving not all that much of a gap when all 3 will been on cooldown - along with being able to have the cruiser kill or seriously any destroyers that pop up during that time.

Before it's brought up, triple divisions of radar-carrying Cruisers cannot get away with that to anywhere near the same extent since a triple division of cruisers both tends to use up most/all cruiser slots for the team, along with being extremely vulnerable to enemy battleships.

Maybe if radar didn't go through goddamn terrain I'd be less hostile to this poo poo, but as is that's basically a 20 km diameter area destroyers cannot enter for significant portions of the game with no counter which, even aside from other concerns, is plenty to completely force them out of a cap - something that destroyers are expected and supposed to do.

*=They were also #1 and 3 on their team with not incredibly impressive scores themselves, so the issue was probably more the rest of the team was poo poo.

Or you can skip the full coverage and bring the t9 german bb as well. Now you have both radar coverage and torpedo alerts.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

I got a 100k free xp super container this week, and I still don't have enough convertible xp to add to it to get anywhere near 750k

there is no way they will make it 750k, thats crazy

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

there is no way they will make it 750k, thats crazy

Crazy you say ? :shepspends:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
gently caress I didn't want to spend any more money on this game this year but I might buy the Dunkerque.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

wdarkk posted:

gently caress I didn't want to spend any more money on this game this year but I might buy the Dunkerque.

It is everything I dreamed of and more. The focused secondary skill I took doesn't magically turn lead into gold but it does make DDs very confused as to why they are getting blended when they pass near me.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

It is everything I dreamed of and more. The focused secondary skill I took doesn't magically turn lead into gold but it does make DDs very confused as to why they are getting blended when they pass near me.

How much secondary range can you get out of the Dunkerque if you build for it ?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I think the Iowa goes too fast for me. I keep overextending in it.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Hammerstein posted:

How much secondary range can you get out of the Dunkerque if you build for it ?

7.6 KM

Thundercakes
Nov 4, 2011

AfroSquirrel posted:

I think the Iowa goes too fast for me. I keep overextending in it.

I had the same problem adjusting from the NC. I had to start playing it more conservative since it loses maneuverability/escapability and just use full speed to get to the area I want to set up at and then stick to no more than 3/4 speed. If I'm in heavy fighting and having to bow on, I throttle between full reverse, 1/4 and 1/2 speed. You can maintain a slow push that way without overextending. I had much better survival rates, win rates and damage numbers after I stopped trying to treat it like the NC.

Thundercakes fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Dec 2, 2016

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

I was pretty surprised at the amount of secondaries a Dunk was sending my way in a game, I'd never gotten close to one before where the rear mounted guns can do something.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I just really wish that the focused secondary skill had a bit more gradation. I want 40% less dispersion at tier 6.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

9 matches, all with a T7 - which is supposedly the good tier now - bar a single one with my Atago (which was one of the bottom tier matches), of which 1 was top tier, 4 were mid tier, and 4 were loving bottom tier. This is such utter loving bullshit. Even ignoring that T7 is supposedly the good tier now for getting decent matchmaking, I should not be getting 4x the number of bottom tier matches as top tier. It's not like this is some isolated occurrence for me either, as I see it fairly often. Fix your goddamn matchmaker already Wargaming, because clearly some people are getting decent MM.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

Hammerstein posted:

Crazy you say ? :shepspends:

Crazy you say?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

the hell is wrong with you people

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

A lot of things

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Ice Fist posted:

People are already hilariously bad at driving NCs and Iowas. I'm pretty happy that now I'll get to have another American fast battleship drive around broadside to shoot at.

Added: seriously - it never fails to amaze me that (generally speaking) high tier BB players from every nation other than the Americans are smart enough to angle their armor while NC and Iowa drivers are happy committing suicide by broadside in every game I play.

I have more respect for those players than the ones who drove an Iowa backwards the whole match.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

I got a 100k free xp super container this week, and I still don't have enough convertible xp to add to it to get anywhere near 750k

I have almost 5.5M convertible xp, so the Missouri is an option for me.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

:siren:Somewhat important note regarding your reserve captains.:siren:

Be really careful with your need for reserve captain slots at the moment. There have been complaints on the forums that those undismissable ARP captains that are getting kicked into the reserve by the new mission if you happened to already possess them are eating slots. I performed a brief test earlier and seemed to have gained two slots when a mission section ticked over, but I'm also seeing people stating that they are definitely losing slots. I'll also add that earlier in the day I was full up on captains in reserve when I thought I still had room left (ended up deleting 3 I wasn't likely to ever use), so it's also possible that WG is being screwy as usual with slots occasionally being added along with the kick to your reserves and occasionally not.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

I lost slots and I would like them back.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I would like to be able to dismiss/sell any ships and captains I desire because I'm an adult and can handle the responsibility and don't want loving Stephen Seagal in my port.

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Alabama is going to be a premium at T8 apparently.

:rip: $55

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Durendal posted:

Alabama is going to be a premium at T8 apparently.

:rip: $55

With a tighter turning circle than the NC and 51% torpedo reduction, just in case you were worried that DDs might still be able to hurt your battleship.

Kiffetastic
Aug 20, 2004

Oooooh Yeeeees!
Just dropping in to say holy crap the Takao is SO GOOD. This is my third game ever in it. It's leagues above any ship I've played to date. I know it's a copy of the Atago but I'm pretty sure the anime makes it better somehow.

That's without premium. Magical.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
Can someone explain the mechanics of how a shell can be reported as a 'penetrating hit' yet score no damage? Is it just a client error?

Kiffetastic
Aug 20, 2004

Oooooh Yeeeees!

MikeC posted:

Can someone explain the mechanics of how a shell can be reported as a 'penetrating hit' yet score no damage? Is it just a client error?

AP? Bounced. It's a hit but it deflected off the armor. Either that or it punched straight through and hit absolutely nothing vital and caused no real damage.

Edit: Yeah the official forums seem to say it's either overpenetrations or module hits.

Kiffetastic fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Dec 3, 2016

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Technically I think it's module hits that report as zero damage pens. Either that or the torpedo belt.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

MikeC posted:

I believe this happens when your shell hits an AA gun or secondary gun, and then bounces off the deck/superstructure armor. You penetrated a "module", so it's considered a good hit. Just...no damage.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Vengarr posted:

I believe this happens when your shell hits an AA gun or secondary gun, and then bounces off the deck/superstructure armor. You penetrated a "module", so it's considered a good hit. Just...no damage.

Ah ok, makes sense then. A lot of this is coming from long range fire coming straight down on a ship. That and overpens always get me excited hearing the "chink" sound signifying a hit but then immediately disappoints me when my Damage meter doesn't rise

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

MikeC posted:

Ah ok, makes sense then. A lot of this is coming from long range fire coming straight down on a ship. That and overpens always get me excited hearing the "chink" sound signifying a hit but then immediately disappoints me when my Damage meter doesn't rise

Think of it as some poor bastard on a ship just got a shell to the chest while standing at an AA mount.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
For having my game client disconnect every few minutes during matches, I'm doing pretty well so far. Low tier BBs are painful, what with them having neither range nor accuracy, but I'd doing pretty well at gunboating cruisers. The St. Louis is as great as I remember it being in CBT!

e: also how do I join the clan, the link in the OP is for tanks, I think. Botes name is same as SA, if it's an invite-only deal.

Steelion fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Dec 3, 2016

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Lord Koth posted:

:siren:Somewhat important note regarding your reserve captains.:siren:

Be really careful with your need for reserve captain slots at the moment. There have been complaints on the forums that those undismissable ARP captains that are getting kicked into the reserve by the new mission if you happened to already possess them are eating slots. I performed a brief test earlier and seemed to have gained two slots when a mission section ticked over, but I'm also seeing people stating that they are definitely losing slots. I'll also add that earlier in the day I was full up on captains in reserve when I thought I still had room left (ended up deleting 3 I wasn't likely to ever use), so it's also possible that WG is being screwy as usual with slots occasionally being added along with the kick to your reserves and occasionally not.

This used to be a problem on the Asia Shard until someone realised they could fix it by giving you a reserve slot along with every Anime Girl. See the rewards page for their equivalent of the campaign for an example
http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/specials-and-events/wows_arpeggio_collab10/
Guess someone who works on your Shard didn't get the memo

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

MikeC posted:

Those shell hit ribbons aren't 100% accurate. I've had "overpens" that did 3k damage and plenty of the 0 damage penetrations. Just a bug in the ribbons.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

https://streamable.com/5pic

Go. Beat. Crazy.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Pew pew pew.....432 hits....

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Twelve hits too many.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The extended tree mod has been updated, and the German DDs are now in the client

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

NTRabbit posted:

The extended tree mod has been updated, and the German DDs are now in the client

I just was on a team with a Z-23 about an hour ago

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Other posted:

I just was on a team with a Z-23 about an hour ago

Playing my caledon, and encountered a relic guy in a v-170. I wasn't impressed with its fighting ability though. However, he also made a beeline towards our carrier (and failed to sink) so perhaps not the best of view of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Without having seen the stats the Z-23 looks like rear end, just 4 single gun turrets, and only one of them is forward.