Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I have a feeling that I hate "hurfa durfa the national media is quiet" way way more than I should. Any good way to test that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Cosima posted:

This clearly political strip is not political guys.

Oh wow, it's someone who actually is frightened by the prospect of taco trucks on every corner.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The media was silent when the west was on fire this summer, too! Rabble rabble *fart*

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

The media was silent when the west was on fire this summer, too! Rabble rabble *fart*

The corporations that own the media don't want us thinking too much about the implications of climate change.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lottery of Babylon posted:

How come subs like this DON'T have any stupid people? (self.antinatalism)

You should have moved this punchline to the end of the list IMO

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
maybe the south needs their own version of http://www.iscaliforniaonfire.com

i check that a lot

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

bean_shadow posted:

Reminds me of how Trump flat out denied he had German ancestors before admitting it in the 1980s and then embracing it.

It is.

Totally is/was. I use Reuters as my main news source, and it was all over that, and the local Cleveland station I check for local news, too. Wasn't it arson? Did the hillbillys actually set their own forest on fire?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Imagined posted:

The corporations that own the media don't want us thinking too much about the implications of climate change.

Looking at GOP-controlled state legislatures I can't say I disagree with your statement.

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Totally is/was. I use Reuters as my main news source, and it was all over that, and the local Cleveland station I check for local news, too. Wasn't it arson? Did the hillbillys actually set their own forest on fire?

Many of the 50+ separate fires were confirmed or suspected arson, yes - the others may have been caused by campfire embers plus wind, or spread from the set fires. Basically every news station down here, both local and statewide, were covering the fires.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Funny how no one is attributing the natural disaster to God like when it happens in liberal areas

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Funny how no one is attributing the natural disaster to God like when it happens in liberal areas

When bad poo poo happens to other people, it's Retribution for Sinning. When bad poo poo happens to Good Christian Folk, it's ~*~GRACE~*~

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
God is only controlling the tornados anyway. The fire is natural.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

It's because of secret liberals in their midst that they haven't yet purged.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Karma Monkey posted:

When bad poo poo happens to other people, it's Retribution for Sinning. When bad poo poo happens to Good Christian Folk, it's ~*~GRACE~*~

Well I like how most of those ~GRACE~ things happen in the south.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Cosima posted:

This clearly political strip is not political guys.

This reminds me of the squirrel story from Fallout 4.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxaPs2lilVg

Anyways, Barbasol came out with a new shaving cream ad which seems specifically designed to target millenials and play up the "Are Freedums!" World War 2 nonsense.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swVBqDrn5ZU

I can see this ending well.

Arc Hammer has a new favorite as of 20:00 on Dec 2, 2016

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
<--- not a man then. Haven't ever killed anyone and I haven't clean-shaved in years.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

there wolf lmao posted:

<--- not a man then. Haven't ever killed anyone and I haven't clean-shaved in years.

The weight, fedora, and unemployment are entirely incidental

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

unwantedplatypus posted:

The weight, fedora, and unemployment are entirely incidental

Just got a job last week.

Checkmate.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
I don't think people like that actually know what the word freedom means, if they think they can tell you want you can and can't do with it. I hate that mindset.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
Freedom to worship the military and look down on people who are different than you.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Bibliotechno Music posted:

I'm pretty sure that it's because, as a human non-bigot, she would rather have Hillary (or, gently caress, even Gary) in office than a bigoted golden raisin.

(Also the GP has way better opinions on science than half of that waxed and tanned butthole of a mouth's proposed cabinet does)

Most people who are not straight and white would rather have someone they merely disagree with in office than someone who literally wants to get them out of the country and/or "reeducated" (ie conversion therapy or incarceration).

i would prefer anyone other then trump myself and fair point about the gop's stance on science but the green parties stance is just as bad just in a different direction.

She ran what she considered a serious campaign while trying to court the bernie bros with her free tution claims but she lost to this guy who is clearly not taking his bid serious https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXhR41lsEJY and now she wants a recount?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

snergle posted:

i would prefer anyone other then trump myself and fair point about the gop's stance on science but the green parties stance is just as bad just in a different direction.

She ran what she considered a serious campaign while trying to court the bernie bros with her free tution claims but she lost to this guy who is clearly not taking his bid serious https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXhR41lsEJY and now she wants a recount?

For some reason I feel as though if some one from the trump supporter side were to burn a liberal flag this flag burning would actually be taken seriously, but for some reason this American flag burning isn't even shunned, it's actually stuck up for "its not disrespect, its standing up for whats right." Tell that to our soldiers on the front line, tell that to the families that get a flag folded when their loved one doesn't make it home, tell that to the rest of america who actually will say something about it. It's got nothing to do with who became president, it is a symbol of our country. Theres no need of it, and if you find it acceptable that our flag is being burnt, feel free to remove me, and remove yourself from this country.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
What's a liberal flag?

Oh right

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

snergle posted:

Nnnnnot sure what your point is or why you're making it. She's doing it to make Trump go away, not because she thinks she will win, so why does it matter?

vvv That too, I'm taking the cynical approach.

Midnight Voyager has a new favorite as of 00:41 on Dec 3, 2016

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

snergle posted:

and now she wants a recount?

What's your problem here exactly? Do you think that she is only doing it because she thinks she'll do better in a recount?

Because the votes in a lot of key areas look pretty shady and I would think anyone would want everything to be fair and accurate regardless of what team they're on.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Midnight Voyager posted:

Nnnnnot sure what your point is or why you're making it. She's doing it to make Trump go away, not because she thinks she will win, so why does it matter?

vvv That too, I'm taking the cynical approach.

She's doing it to keep people talking about her.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

It's to garner some goodwill for the 2020 election. According to the Federal Election Commission, a party must receive at least five percent of the national vote to receive federal funds, and Stein must think that the recount effort will help her stick in people's minds and make her look like a palatable alternative. It's delusional, but that's her endgame.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Serge Painsbourg posted:

It's to garner some goodwill for the 2020 election. According to the Federal Election Commission, a party must receive at least five percent of the national vote to receive federal funds

Speaking of, did the Libertarians hit that this year?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
No but they got above 3% which is a little worrying

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I'd play Cyrano in a heartbeat

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.

Just hire a prostitute, goddamn.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

if you pay enough you can get anything tailored!

I feel dirty for writing that

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I have never seen better proof that girlfriendless losers truly believe that women are some kind of spirit that, once evoked as girlfriend, is eternally bound by magical contract.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Well if we're a hive mind then that should be the easiest cash ever. Hook me up, I can manipulate any female since we apparently all think the same.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Abhorrence posted:

Just hire a prostitute, goddamn.

poo poo, he could probably get one for like... half of what he's offering if he probably wasn't the "I want my sex to be ~an emotional bond~" types.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

But what happens when Don John starts spreading rumors that Pedro is totally going to gently caress Hero rather than woo her for Claudio?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So I follow this tumblr because it keeps me vaguely informed news-wise on important stuff. http://liberalsarecool.com/ It has it's ups and downs.

But thanks to them, I found this one and hoo boy is that a bonus https://trumpgrets.tumblr.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
People really just thought Trump was gonna do whatever they personally wanted, huh?