Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I was using the increasing divergence from real life and its ever increasing pace, to justify the removal of prone.

I had three prone kills in BLOPS 1 over two years of play. It's simply unnecessary.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Dec 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

i get mildly upset when I get drop shot in IW

starting a round of tdm and not being killed within 10 seconds by someone prone ADSing a hallway in MWR is a fantasy in my experience

I feel like an idiot when it happens because its so slow in this game, but it does still happen occasionally

It's really drat easy to miss shots, since you can easily fire between legs or arms, plus some of the models are a bit larger than the hitboxes so you can think you're on target but be off by an asshair.

Aim center mass!

Oh one thing non vets/nerds might not know - when you ADS when a gun, after about a second it starts to sway. This makes your shots pretty inaccurate once it starts. It happens slower with LMGs than ARs, but on any gun, you can reset it by releasing ADS then reaiming a split second later.

Basically don't sit in cover holding ADS, if you do, there's a good chance your shots are going to go off target on anyone at mid range or longer. Never not be jetpacking around corners and snap aiming people.

The zoomed VMC gets rid of almost all idle sway and makes your shot more accurate in general at a distance, the only two optics I bother using if I'm not doing stupid challenges are the VMC and the elo (the elo just cuz it lowers the profile of your weapon a bit).

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i don't know where that came from but... thank you??

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

"ADS is OP, so we nerfed it."
- :iw:

:wtc:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

"ADS is OP, so we nerfed it."
- :iw:

:wtc:

That's been in the game since MW2, but ok

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Superanos posted:

I wonder when they'll start screwing with Modern Warfare Remastered. It's definitely the better game and if they start selling it separately it will outsell Infinite Warfare for sure.
The main thing you have to consider currently with MWR is that it's not currently a standalone product. It's something that comes with Infinite Warfare like free skin DLC or smiliar. It just happens to be a full game.

It's a sneaky way of padding their sales numbers, even if people purchasing have zero interest in IW, as I imagine in the various metrics it's technically still Infinite Warfare breaking sales records or whatever.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

victrix posted:

That's been in the game since MW2, but ok

I'm specifically referring to weapon sway.
It's never been on every single gun.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Speaking of, they put in holding breath and an attachment to reduce sway but made sniper rifles barely move.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Dec 3, 2016

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Whoever is still playing should come join me, revotfel and Jacs before we go insane carrying the utter dregs of pubbies

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Is it too much for you assholes to wait until I get off work? :arghfist::saddowns:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I'd like to play with you guys but I've got things I gotta do tonight

that being said I thought everyone had jumped ship so i'm glad to hear people are still playing

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Had a 100-97 win where us 3 were like 87 of the kills. We're getting matched with some REALLY loving bad pubbies.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

:frogc00l: Stream starts at 2:23:49.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!

well that was underwhelming. I've never really watched a twitch stream, why do people watch that poop.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

feverish and oversexed posted:

well that was underwhelming. I've never really watched a twitch stream, why do people watch that poop.

I'll say from my own experience I got way into Twitch when I became a dad. My free game playing time dropped significantly, and it's a good way to keep up on games/scratch that itch when you can't play otherwise.

When there's nothing left on the DVR and nothing particularly interesting on Netflix/Amazon, Twitch is far better than just flipping channels.

Additionally, much of Twitch's audience appears to be on the younger side. People who probably can't afford all the newest games and this gives them a chance to experience them. Some of the streamers are pretty funny/enjoyable in their own right too, but that's more of a rarity. Also can't discount the fun of watching eSports/people who are far better at games that I could ever be.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I'm up for shooting mans today so if I'm on and playing something else just send me an invite.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

feverish and oversexed posted:

I take sadistic pleasure in watching Jadestar constantly fail dice rolls in Blood Bowl 2 only to watch his opponents ragequit the second he gets two injury rolls on them, in a game I will never bother to play myself.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I had a vulture get a double kill on B in DOM so needless to say I appreciate the buff.

And yes, they were afterlife medals.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah, I was using them last night, and the difference is night and day.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Puckish Rogue posted:

I had a vulture get a double kill on B in DOM so needless to say I appreciate the buff.

And yes, they were afterlife medals.

Is it actually worth taking as a streak or is it just mediocre at best now instead of dumpster fire bad?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Kizurue posted:

Is it actually worth taking as a streak or is it just mediocre at best now instead of dumpster fire bad?

Think of it this way: if it was mediocre, why would you take it over something like a Warden or a THOR or even a Drone Package.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

widespread posted:

Think of it this way: if it was mediocre, why would you take it over something like a Warden or a THOR or even a Drone Package.

Because I can reliably get to the vulture while warden is inconsistent and never got a Thor before.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Kizurue posted:

Because I can reliably get to the vulture while warden is inconsistent and never got a Thor before.

Valid point. Plus we're already gambling enough with the supply drops so yeah.

Als how do you reliably get the Vultures? Just skirt round the outside and do the ABCs of Dom?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I watched the stream during this part and I didn't realize it was you playing against him because I was too busy cringing at how he rhymed Yahtzee with Nazi.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That was my worst game of the night :negative:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mill Village posted:

I watched the stream during this part and I didn't realize it was you playing against him because I was too busy cringing at how he rhymed Yahtzee with Nazi.

That's how you're supposed to pronounce it. :canada:

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
Nano shot has been moved down to level 51, so now you get virtually no time with it instead of literally no time with it.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

i clicked the cod tv thing on the game and am watching a bunch of guys using the OSA over and over.

i did see a k-bar once but mostly just OSA's.

Oh look another OSA.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Puckish Rogue posted:

i clicked the cod tv thing on the game and am watching a bunch of guys using the OSA over and over.

i did see a k-bar once but mostly just OSA's.

Oh look another OSA.

AFAIK the mechanics of "competitive CoD" make it so that it's SMGs or die, and the OSA and KBAR are the best SMGs in the game. And I tuned into the stream for a minute and the Uplink ball got stuck in the map geometry. :iw:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

And none of them can aim compared to Javes when it comes to the aerial style.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I saw someone fall off the map during hardpoint and it made me feel better about my various suicide leaps.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Puckish Rogue posted:

I saw someone fall off the map during hardpoint and it made me feel better about my various suicide leaps.

Was that the game that ended 250-249? That was a fun match.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Was that the game that ended 250-249? That was a fun match.

I think so. A previous hardpoint on that map was crazy too. Think it was someone from Orbit wallriding above that lava area on the beams I didn't even know you could jump on and getting a triple kill.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
Not as creative as the hate mail I got in blops3, but I'll take my first IW hate: http://i.imgur.com/HZZw9C6.jpg

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

:owned:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I'm starting to put Cold Blooded and Hardwired on everything

The default classes have Personal Radar and Pin Point, and pubbies love them some default setups.

Both of those lovely things can result in 'how the gently caress did he know where I was' moments. Also I think Marked Target highlights you in bright red on the minimap for the entire enemy team, and Pin Point isn't much better when you're shooting dudes.

Not to mention all the other 'haha found you' perks and gear they protect you from.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Marked target is evil as gently caress and I am glad I unlocked it with a prestige token.

UNLIKE THE DRONE PACKAGE.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

victrix posted:

Also I think Marked Target highlights you in bright red on the minimap for the entire enemy team

I know the Sensor perk for rare guns does this, but I never noticed it with Marked Target. I wouldn't put it past them to omit such a major detail, of course, but I don't think it's true.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Puckish Rogue posted:

If people aren't throwing themselves off the map during the post-match slow motion, I don't know what to say to help. :colbert:

As a aside, it's annoying as poo poo to be one kill away from completing a challenge and managing to get it during the slow-mo where it doesn't count. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Puckish Rogue posted:

Marked target is evil as gently caress and I am glad I unlocked it with a prestige token.

UNLIKE THE DRONE PACKAGE.

I got it. Run Marked Target/Cold Blooded/Hardwired/Silenced NV4 (preferrably Flatline but eh whatever works). Boom, you're now part of the meta.

• Locked thread