Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

That raises a number of questions:

– What the hell did the cat throw up that could even look a little bit like semen?

That is really the only question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Something is amiss in your house. You have a pet. Why did you not immediately suspect/blame the pet? It's always the pet.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

FuhrerHat posted:

Something is amiss in your house. You have a pet. Why did you not immediately suspect/blame the pet? It's always the pet.

Agreed, but "schizo uncle" instead of "pet"

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Yesterday my dog picked a fight with a snake and I nearly had a heart attack because if it bit her it would have killed her, no question.

Luckily it was more interested in running the gently caress away than fighting back against the idiot terrier who woke it up from a sun nap. Schadenfreude on the poor snake, the stupid dog, and me, I guess.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

Powaqoatse posted:

That raises a number of questions:

– What the hell did the cat throw up that could even look a little bit like semen?

That is really the only question.

Cats can throw up on an empty or near empty stomach, and they just hack up some white semi-clear stomach fluid. It's gross but not as gross as full on kitty spew.

I know this because our cat gets too goddamn anxious in the morning waiting for us to feed him, and he'll hack up "nothing" on occasion.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

This is all I read now:

"Yesterday my crazy uncle picked a fight with a john and I nearly had a heart attack because if he bit him it would have killed me, no question.

Luckily I was more interested in running the gently caress away than fighting back against the idiot terrier who woke me up from a sun nap. Schadenfreude on my hosed up uncle, the stupid dogg, and that other guy, I guess."

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

LogisticEarth posted:

Cats can throw up on an empty or near empty stomach, and they just hack up some white semi-clear stomach fluid. It's gross but not as gross as full on kitty spew.

I know this because our cat gets too goddamn anxious in the morning waiting for us to feed him, and he'll hack up "nothing" on occasion.

Oh that. I'll reveal my goonity and say no, that doesn't really look like semen. It's semi-clear & kinda viscous, yes, and so is human spit. Human stomach-acid, probably too?

I just mean if I'm sleeping in my apartment with my partner and there's suddenly a gross patch on the sheets? It's more likely one of us than it is a serial masturbator or the cat, lol. I wanna live in a place where cat puke makes me call the cops.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah it's absolutely a story of "idiot person jumps immediately to the worst conclusion possible". Having said that, my cats have definitely yakked up some cat yak that a very perfunctory examination might mistake for jizz if you had no sense of smell and the light was bad.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Girl cuts in front of guy in line, guy picks her purse in retaliation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trUCpAdXE0I

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

FCKGW posted:

She doesn't cut in front (those two "lawyers" are done & leaving). The two other dudes have set up there to pick pockets, though. They don't even pretend to get ready as the queue moves, and then the classic bum a smoke->leave for the guy with the stash.

snucky
Sep 11, 2001

a closed mouth gathers no foot.

FCKGW posted:

like in jack reacher when he leaves the broken car and some dude gives him a hat to cover his escape

edit: yes that's criminal tag team action for sure

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

FuhrerHat posted:

There are hypoallergenic animals!
I have a Portuguese Water Dog and she's amazing. :)

Hypoallergenic pets are a myth. I can't overstate how allergic I am. If I had a dime for every time a school friend's parents deep cleaned their house so I could come over, and I'd have to leave sooner than I'd like, I could prolly pay the adoption fees for a bunch of animals.

My parents said they both had allergies to dogs and cats, but it faded growing up and if I just waited it out, I'd be fine. Nope.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 06:59 on Dec 3, 2016

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MisterBibs posted:

Hypoallergenic pets are a myth. I can't overstate how allergic I am. If I had a dime for every time a school friend's parents deep cleaned their house so I could come over, and I'd have to leave sooner than I'd like, I could prolly pay the adoption fees for a bunch of animals.

My parents said they both had allergies to dogs and cats, but it faded growing up and if I just waited it out, I'd be fine. Nope.

I'm sorry Bibs but it kind of seems like natural selection wants you to go.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Aphrodite posted:

Can I have your stuff?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Aphrodite posted:

Or it wants him to kill dogs and cats. :shrug:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I was trying to help, but looks like you're a goner.

You could always try a pig?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

I've had real discussions with my girlfriend about our future in that area, because I hate a lot of the genetic lottery I got dealt and wouldn't wish any of it on anyone, much less a child. :(

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

MisterBibs posted:

I've had real discussions with my girlfriend about our future in that area, because I hate a lot of the genetic lottery I got dealt and wouldn't wish any of it on anyone, much less a child. :(

:lol: I forgot you almost got killed by swallowing too much pork.

FuhrerHat posted:

I was trying to help, but looks like you're a goner.

You could always try a pig?

:laffo:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

MisterBibs posted:

Get an aquarium. But fill it with jello and goldfish crackers to save money.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
^ Aquariums were lovely sorry-you-cant-have-real-pets when I was 6, and they still are now. :colbert:

Chichevache posted:

:lol: I forgot you almost got killed by swallowing too much pork.

Eh, it's not the food impaction that bothers me about potentially giving my kid Eosinophilic Esophagitis that bothers me, it's all the other stuff.

Like, I can deal with having something I have to get checked out yearly to make sure it hasn't turned to cancer, it's knowing I risk subjecting a kid to that? That just really sucks, especially when EE is known so little that the odds of medicine knowing more anytime soon is gently caress-all.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Goldfish bowls are bad, but planted and reef tanks own.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Saltwater tanks are a lot of fun, if you hate having money.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

If you don't hate money, look up Amano tanks. It's some next level fresh water feng shui aquatic art.

The guy who developed the style even has a shrimp species named after him.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Saltwater tanks are a lot of fun, if you hate having money.

I kind of have a weird life goal of raising shrimp, lobsters or crab now ever since I met someone who did and it was awesome. They're stupid lovely sea roaches for the most part but they're so drat cool.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3Kax1oohyA

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Nuebot posted:

I kind of have a weird life goal of raising shrimp, lobsters or crab now ever since I met someone who did and it was awesome. They're stupid lovely sea roaches for the most part but they're so drat cool.

Also they're all loving delicious so that's a bonus.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

MisterBibs posted:

Have you tried a pet rock?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pet_Rock

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

MisterBibs posted:

I know that pet ownership isn't all lollipops and rainbows, but having pets seems awfully fulfilling.

Working from home has let me catch up on a lot of sleep, as my cat has always had a habit of meowing outside my door at 2-4 AM, since she apparently needs someone to accompany her to her food bowl and stroke her while she eats.

On the upside, I've never missed my morning prayers since.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nooo, you posted the source! Now I have no more content!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

Nooo, you posted the source! Now I have no more content!

Chrome gives me an SSL error when I try to go there so feel free to keep mirroring the best ones so I don't have to risk getting a TrumpVirus on my PC.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

He'll probably choke on that too.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

VanSandman posted:

He'll probably choke on that too.

Dammit, that was the first thing I thought of posting too :mad:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Rolo posted:

I'm a pilot...

From way back but this would make a good Ask/Tell thread if you feel like making one.

Pan Et Circenses
Nov 2, 2009

MisterBibs posted:

Whoever wrote that article doesn't seem to have bothered actually looking up the definition of "hypoallergenic":

hypoallergenic hy·po·al·ler·gen·ic (hī'pō-āl'ər-jěn'ĭk)
adj.
Having a decreased tendency to provoke an allergic reaction.

The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary

So, yes, myth intact; hypoallergenic pets are exactly what everybody claims them to be (according to that very article).

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

MisterBibs posted:

Like, I can deal with having something I have to get checked out yearly to make sure it hasn't turned to cancer, it's knowing I risk subjecting a kid to that? That just really sucks, especially when EE is known so little that the odds of medicine knowing more anytime soon is gently caress-all.

The schadenfreude will be on nature if you adopt and have a happy, loving family. :unsmith:

Hobbes
Sep 12, 2000
Forum Veteran
Dinosaur Gum
edit: nm

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
Kid skidenfreude.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3ZmQ4bJR1k

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

So, do you think "uh-oh. Out" means that the mother is gonna own up to it and tell the lifeguard, or she's just gonna pack up and get out of there as fast as possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS