Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Agean90 posted:

tromp trolling China is actually good imo

yeah its not like our economy is tied heavily on economic trade with china. if china goes down everyone goes down with it.

couple of loving brokebrains in here think risking trade war is a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the moose
Nov 7, 2009

Type: Electric Swing

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

This really makes me think he's gonna reverse course on the TPP. Getting belligerent with China while not signing into it seems to just invite ceding economic dominance of the region to them. unless we are prepared to actually get western navies into the South China Sea I don't know how this comes out as a plus for US

My guess is he renames it and passes it anyway calling it bigly good.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

OMFG if trump messes up our relationship with China I can't get my special snowflake android devices made in slave factories for $99.99 anymore and my parents won't pay for anything more expensive!!!11!1
:goonsay:

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

the moose posted:

My guess is he renames it and passes it anyway calling it bigly good.

This is impossible unless the neocons can convince him to go with the Donald Pacific Partnership.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Agrajag posted:

yeah its not like our economy is tied heavily on economic trade with china. if china goes down everyone goes down with it.

oh no the companies that outsourced have to move manufacturing back to the U.S. while China loses the only market big enough to support them, what a tragedy

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
i'm loving exhausted from all this winning

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Agrajag posted:

Lol what are china going to do? Start coming up with stuff to make themselves?

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
we're gonna have garage electronic like mao had backyard steel

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

rear end cobra posted:

Lol what are china going to do? Start coming up with stuff to make themselves?

This china ain't gonna do poo poo

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Agean90 posted:

oh no the companies that outsourced have to move manufacturing back to the U.S. while China loses the only market big enough to support them, what a tragedy

Best case scenario would be this happening after like, 50 years.

But it won't.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

i found if you only buy american goods you actually save a lot of money because you don't buy anything

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

hes apparently a nazi according to some austrian friends; like, nazi family escaped to switzerland with nazi gold or something. he runs a weird cult in a building that has a weird shape (im not gonna describe the shape because doxx lol) and has like 6x single mothers living in the same house.

I'm this guy. Like in 30 years. You're gonna wind up talking to this dude at some point and figure out he's a future version of me :lost:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
lol loving brokebrains don't know poo poo beyond the price of consumer electronics

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
The west will rue the day when they unleashed all this incredible Han Chinese innovation on the world.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

even products made in america are put together with chinese components

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Remember when people were worried trump wouldn't crash the economy fast enough to preclude a second term? Lol

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Agean90 posted:

The process is not instantaneous. In the meantime they have industrial capacity, we've let our wither. They could much more easily pivot to domestic or local region consumption than we could rebuild our factories, and without the TPP they could very easily completely freeze out US interests. Unless Trump is willing to use the big stick of American military capacity, the cards most definitely favour them.

The most dangerous thing Trump can do is think America's position in the world is Unassailable.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

The process is not instantaneous. In the meantime they have industrial capacity, we've let our wither. They could much more easily pivot to domestic or local region consumption than we could rebuild our factories, and without the TPP they could very easily completely freeze out US interests. Unless Trump is willing to use the big stick of American military capacity, the cards most definitely favour them.

The most dangerous thing Trump can do is think America's position in the world is Unassailable.

just fyi this is his thought process:

Agean90 posted:

This china ain't gonna do poo poo

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

deadgoon posted:

we're gonna have garage electronic like mao had backyard steel

Isn't garage electronic literally how Microsoft got started

and like, the dudes in Primer

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Trump can troll China after the Nintendo Switch is released. In the meantime he needs to lay the gently caress off

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Agrajag posted:

I think China is tons more screwed if an economic recession/depression happens due to the insane real estate prices and factories shutting down.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Agrajag posted:

just fyi this is his thought process:

a bunch of liberals pussy out due to economic anxiety, typical

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
If China goes into recession they'll probably just re-nationalize stuff until its fixed.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

People hate on suburbs, but if you slapped solar panels on every single house and started gardens in every back and front yard you'd essentially have created a community that produces its own food and energy with a stable enough population to both defend itself against attacks and secure outlying regions such as farms to flesh out its agricultural capacity. Every home could become a small warehouse for storing goods for months if not years at a time. Anchor the suburban communities with either natural fortifications such as mountains or man made ones such as cities with apartment blocks or other heavy structures and you'd have a great position to ride out the End Days. You might even have a chance at real democracy if the population isn't too dense and resources aren't scarce.

Every yard a farm.
Every basement a granary.
Every roof a power plant.
Every garage an arsenal.
Every home a fortress.
Every citizen a soldier.
Every bird call an ambush.
Every street a graveyard.
Every corpse mound a good day.
Every slaughter a feast.
Every victory an expansion.
Every hill a new horizon.
Every well poisoned.
Every church burned.
Every government overthrown.
Every city a ruin.
Every shadow an enemy.
Every day your last.
Every thrill now dead.
Every memory now gone.
Every step a collapse.

This is...2018.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
yeah gently caress china!!, says increasingly fat Republican visiting Wal-Mart for cheap slippers third time this week

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Fiction posted:

If China goes into recession they'll probably just re-nationalize stuff until its fixed.

Or maybe start hacking each other to pieces again until they're fixed

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

crazy cloud posted:

Isn't garage electronic literally how Microsoft got started

and like, the dudes in Primer

i think that was apple, steve wozniak built a PC in steve jobs' garage (while he was employed by HP, who he offered to sell the design)

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I teach college composition, which is under the umbrella of "rhet/comp" and we teach rhetorical appeals and the rhetorical situation and I spend a lot of time angsting about how to respond to students who associate rhetoric with "lying." A lot of those students fall on the conservative side of the spectrum where there is Truth and you simply speak Truth and it's that bing bong simple. Crafting a message for a particular audience is just spin to them, despite the fact that they understand that pleading with mom to let you stay out late by prostrating yourself is more effective than angrily demanding your independence to stay out as late as you like.

There's just some fundamental disconnect where they don't see politics as working in the same way and why you don't elect a guy who tells Mexico they are building a wall because they keep sending rapists to us. Like, I have no idea how to communicate with a student who believes that it is noble to be unfiltered and authentic and have a twitter tantrum about the media if that is how you truly feel because it is His Truth.

Oh well, rhet/comp departments will be all dead in four years anyway.

Complete and earnest honest is actually a valid tactic against rhetoric. In a year even world leaders will be giving Trump a pass on things he says. Also Trump totally understands rhetoric that is what he was doing when he called the Mexicans rapist. The rhetoric was just towards Americans though not Mexicans. Smart people know you can't please everyone and don't waste their time pleading with everyone to like them.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
It's stupid to believe that a trade war would bring jobs anywhere. No one will spend years and millions building a factory and training workers when the tariffs will disappear at any moment, making the whole point of those factories disappear.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

china is the geopolitical equivalent of a leveraged-to-poo poo daytrader who quit their job, they’re doing good now but once the bottom falls out it's falling real hard

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I know Samsung is a Korean company, but I'm guessing they make their phones in China? Been putting off getting a new one for a while now despite being able to and this might get me to do it.

Louisgod posted:

Trump can troll China after the Nintendo Switch is released. In the meantime he needs to lay the gently caress off

Also this.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

SocketWrench posted:

This stupid gently caress
http://www.businessinsider.com/doomsday-castle-preppers-2013-8

I'd get a group of people together for the main purpose of razing that poo poo to the ground just to piss on him

Shouldn't be too hard. By the looks of it that McCastle isn't quite sledgehammer-proof.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

ElPez posted:

Shouldn't be too hard. By the looks of it that McCastle isn't quite sledgehammer-proof.

"Time to build a stupid fortress meant for 500 years ago, fill it with breeding age females, then announce it to the world where I am just in case civilization collapses." - A Good Dad

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

deadgoon posted:

i think that was apple, steve wozniak built a PC in steve jobs' garage (while he was employed by HP, who he offered to sell the design)

hmmmmmmmmm yeah I think bill gates and whoever made like ms-dos the same way too

garage electronics is cool n good

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Spoondick posted:

china is the geopolitical equivalent of a leveraged-to-poo poo daytrader who quit their job, they’re doing good now but once the bottom falls out it's falling real hard

Pretty much.

I'm not overwhelmingly hopeful that they're ready to handle food security issues if their economy collapses.
http://usat.ly/1Tco0wS

Several hundred million pissed off and starving people is a recipe for disaster.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Brother Friendship posted:

People hate on suburbs, but if you slapped solar panels on every single house and started gardens in every back and front yard you'd essentially have created a community that produces its own food and energy with a stable enough population to both defend itself against attacks and secure outlying regions such as farms to flesh out its agricultural capacity. Every home could become a small warehouse for storing goods for months if not years at a time. Anchor the suburban communities with either natural fortifications such as mountains or man made ones such as cities with apartment blocks or other heavy structures and you'd have a great position to ride out the End Days. You might even have a chance at real democracy if the population isn't too dense and resources aren't scarce.

Every yard a farm.
Every basement a granary.
Every roof a power plant.
Every garage an arsenal.
Every home a fortress.
Every citizen a soldier.
Every bird call an ambush.
Every street a graveyard.
Every corpse mound a good day.
Every slaughter a feast.
Every victory an expansion.
Every hill a new horizon.
Every well poisoned.
Every church burned.
Every government overthrown.
Every city a ruin.
Every shadow an enemy.
Every day your last.
Every thrill now dead.
Every memory now gone.
Every step a collapse.

This is...2018.

lol if you think someone's yard turned into a garden would support them more than a few months...and that's after months for it to grow and months nothing grows because it's winter time.
Multiply that by a few hundred homes and now you have a starving, diseased society that needs to think up a better plan...that is if they can find a water source to live on.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
google was responsible for the classic built-in-a-garage story

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/805031895427846145

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

C-Euro posted:

I know Samsung is a Korean company, but I'm guessing they make their phones in China? Been putting off getting a new one for a while now despite being able to and this might get me to do it.

Also this.

Might want to move quick on that, a jiggled China is a jiggled Korea and Japan too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

im surprised nobody in the senate has thought to block all the sewer grates, could really improve their ted cruz score.

• Locked thread