Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

what is so great about 4? I played the turn based one and 3 and they were cool. 4 seemed kinda even more actiony (in not the greatest way) but I never played it so I don't know.

It was equal parts awesome and annoying. There were nice side objectives to do like find evidence which added to the depth. And having a key bound to yell at someone to get down never got old.

I did hate how the only way to max point a level was with non lethal weapons, or how if the suspects decided to leg it they ran twice as fast at you could. You then had to carefully sweep half the map again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

what is so great about 4? I played the turn based one and 3 and they were cool. 4 seemed kinda even more actiony (in not the greatest way) but I never played it so I don't know.

While I do think it's an really well designed game (as long as you're not going for max score on max difficulty) I think the real reason I love it so much is that it was basically my first online co-op game that required more than just shooting a bunch of things. Other than that compared to 3 "streamlined" is probably a better word for SWAT 4 but in the good sense of that word. It's not Rainbow 6 levels of grognard so I guess it could be a bit "actiony" and by modern standards the controls can be a little frustrating, especially given the lethality of enemies suspects, but some part of me just finds it really fun to have a streamlined version of the ideal police procedure.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

dud root posted:

It was equal parts awesome and annoying. There were nice side objectives to do like find evidence which added to the depth. And having a key bound to yell at someone to get down never got old.

I did hate how the only way to max point a level was with non lethal weapons, or how if the suspects decided to leg it they ran twice as fast at you could. You then had to carefully sweep half the map again

That was why you wedged doors and breached every room so that people could only escape further into the level.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Old games offered for free on Origin work for me out of the box on Win10 64bit

Kibayasu posted:

Clearly this is an extreme close-up of body armor and its going to be SWAT 4.

Right?

Oh please yes, with the expansion pack. I have it retail but never could find the expack.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

PureRok posted:

Figured I'd share my NWN code as well. Already own it, so I don't need it.

995B1-E13AA-7677A-3ABAC

Thanks!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

The Claptain posted:

And here is the first (of presumably many to come) keys for NWN1:

8E3BE-CADC3-F2D26-58D65

Thank you. The site is a nightmare to navigate on mobile

Hidden Asbestos
Nov 24, 2003
[placeholder]
A lot of new games just appeared on GOG Connect ( https://www.gog.com/connect ). If you own them on Steam you can add them to your GOG account.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh nice, tons of games imported, I'm loving this backup feature! I mean, I think that's what it is... I'm not going to play those games on GOG over Steam, but the fact I now have DRM-free installers available is pretty drat awesome.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Hidden Asbestos posted:

A lot of new games just appeared on GOG Connect ( https://www.gog.com/connect ). If you own them on Steam you can add them to your GOG account.

Weird how The Walking Dead Season 2 is on the list but not Season 1 or 400 Days.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

someone claim this horrible game (code below)

CLAIMED by Dissapointed Owl

quantumfoam fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Dec 6, 2016

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

someone claim this horrible game (code below)

LPPMfiveBADDthreeE3six79nineBtwo

Oh drat, thanks man. Meaning to try this at some point, I've heard good things.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Oh drat, thanks man. Meaning to try this at some point, I've heard good things.

You're welcome.
It was an improvement over Returns. Sadly, nothing clicked in the game for me.

A Nice Big Dinner
Feb 17, 2006

Dumping these codes here out in the open because I want to get rid of them already.

Little Big Adventure 2:
TAKEN

System Shock 2:
TAKEN!

Battle Realms:
TAKEN!

A Nice Big Dinner fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Dec 9, 2016

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

I just got an email from GOG with the BROKEN SWORD: DIRECTOR'S CUT - OST purchased for £0.00 and wondered if anyone else had the same.

I presume its them adding a freebie for existing owners, but confirming a purchase for a small thing like this seems like a weird way to do it.

vv thank you vv

Chubby Henparty fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Dec 6, 2016

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.
They have a message up on their site about it.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

obese retard posted:

Battle Realms:
3C434-8999B-F72F9-176F3

Thanks! :D

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

A heads up for the current sale: Vampire The Masquerade is 50% off... except in the Gopher and Easy Allies bundles, where it's 75% off! Not sure if this applies to others as well, the ones I checked seemed to have the same reduction separately/in other bundles.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Xotl posted:

They have a message up on their site about it.
And this is that message, for those who didn't want to dig around looking for it.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

obese retard posted:

Dumping these codes here out in the open because I want to get rid of them already.

Little Big Adventure 2:
B55F9-CF735-D8D94-D78F8

System Shock 2:
CEFD6-2D4AB-2D84C-DEEF9

Battle Realms:
TAKEN!

I snagged SS2. Thanks!

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
That's odd. One of the new releases, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun has a demo available for download. Is this the first time that GOG has offered a demo through the site?

Speaking of which, can anyone vouch for Shadow Tactics? I saw it yesterday and I thought it looked pretty cool. I've seen it compared to Commandos and Desperados (which I've thought about buying in the past), but I've heard that those games are incredibly difficult.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Shadwen, System Shock, Zombasite, The Silver Case. It's kind of a new thing, though.

Hidden Asbestos
Nov 24, 2003
[placeholder]

Max Wilco posted:

Speaking of which, can anyone vouch for Shadow Tactics? I saw it yesterday and I thought it looked pretty cool. I've seen it compared to Commandos and Desperados (which I've thought about buying in the past), but I've heard that those games are incredibly difficult.

No idea but here's a 2hr video of it from the GOG twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/gogcom/v/102518547. Might help you decide as the streamers are often trying the game for the first time themselves.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Shadow Tactics is pretty cool so far. Only played the first level, but it does scratch that Commandos/Desperados itch. Seems a bit easier than those games so far, but who knows, it may get crazy later on.

My only real downsides to the game are the graphics are very nice, but still less detailed than Commandos finely rendered levels from 15 years ago. That, and since it's built on the Unity engine, the game can bog down a little when things pop off during scripted scenes, even on powerful GPU's.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I have codes for Shadow Warrior Classic Redux, Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut and Neverwinter Nights Diamond (one each) if anyone wants them. I can send them via PM or leave an e-mail address.

Saerdna
Aug 8, 2004

obese retard posted:

Little Big Adventure 2:
B55F9-CF735-D8D94-D78F8

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

JustJeff88 posted:

I have codes for Shadow Warrior Classic Redux, Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut and Neverwinter Nights Diamond (one each) if anyone wants them. I can send them via PM or leave an e-mail address.

How do you view or access codes? I was going to post a code Shadow Warrior Classic Redux since I own it on Steam, but I ended up redeeming it.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Max Wilco posted:

How do you view or access codes? I was going to post a code Shadow Warrior Classic Redux since I own it on Steam, but I ended up redeeming it.

Account -> Orders is one way. I think there's a way to just view gift codes too.

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
Going to drop off my codes, since I already own these:

Neverwinter Nights Di&mond:
&8&2B-14B&3-C6E97-&6&3F

System Shock 2:
Claimed!

Ozdhaka fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Dec 11, 2016

Saerdna
Aug 8, 2004

Ozdhaka posted:

System Shock $:
93F$6-$993E-C7654-38396

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Darthemed posted:

Another NWN: Diamond code: CDCA3-F37BE-16993-CB886
Thanks!

Joeno
Sep 8, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Another NWN code, if anyone missed it: D89AD-759FE-75DFB-49788

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004

Joeno posted:

Another NWN code, if anyone missed it: D89AD-759FE-75DFB-49788

Got this, thank you so much!!!

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Is anyone playing the Divinity: Original Sin: 2: 2 Divine 2 Sin alpha/beta thing that's on gog?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I still have keys for NWN Diamond and Shadow Warrior Classic Redux, if anyone fancies them.

Is anyone playing the Divinity: Original Sin: 2: 2 Divine 2 Sin alpha/beta thing that's on gog?

Curious about this as well, just too cynical to drop $45 on a game in development. Wouldn't mind hearing more about Tyranny as well, which is complete but has most likely received a few patches recently.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

JustJeff88 posted:

I still have keys for NWN Diamond and Shadow Warrior Classic Redux, if anyone fancies them.

Curious about this as well, just too cynical to drop $45 on a game in development. Wouldn't mind hearing more about Tyranny as well, which is complete but has most likely received a few patches recently.

drat I forgot all about Tyranny. I'm still working my way through D:OS 1 on my PS4 which was beyond my expectations. By the time I finish that maybe Tyranny will be on sale and D:OS 2 will have a proper release.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Can someone PM me a NWN key? My dumbass friend forgot to get one even though I told him twice.

eDIT - gOT IT, THANKS!

Canuckistan fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 11, 2016

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
You know, I might just be reaching the point where I've gotten everything I really want on PC games that I can play until I get a gaming PC, but I'm still gonna remember this sale purely because after nearly a year's worth of waiting, I finally got Neverwinter Nights 2 on sale, and snagged the first for free as well.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

JustJeff88 posted:

Wouldn't mind hearing more about Tyranny as well, which is complete but has most likely received a few patches recently.

Tyranny is complete and decent but not amazing. It has its moments but the combat system is more in line with POE. The side quests are not interesting in the least but the main quests are quite good. I personally would wait for it to drop in price as POE dropped like a rock to around ~10 within 3/4 months of release.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

Canuckistan posted:

Can someone PM me a NWN key? My dumbass friend forgot to get one even though I told him twice.

Have you already gotten one? If not I can hook you up with mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Not yet thanks.

edit - got it, thanks!

Canuckistan fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 11, 2016