Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

So for some reason a Mudbray can breed with a Popplio so now I have 3 5IV Mudbray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Ahaha catching 100 million pokemans in 14 days as a global mission?

Hey Nintendo/GF you aren't called Niantic.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Tyb, if you still want that Popplio, I've got it waiting still. I'm gonna be around another hour or so before I call it a night probably, and for at least a few hours in the early afternoon (Alaska time) tomorrow.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I think they grossly overestimated how many people would put up with that confusing mess that is signing up for the global link/gamesync.

At this point a lot of people are also breeding and trading more than they are catching. But hey, at least this makes it likely that they'll keep future mission targets low.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Shiny777 posted:

Tyb, if you still want that Popplio, I've got it waiting still. I'm gonna be around another hour or so before I call it a night probably, and for at least a few hours in the early afternoon (Alaska time) tomorrow.

Sure, I'm available right now! I forgot what you wanted in return though. :v:

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

tyblazitar posted:

Sure, I'm available right now! I forgot what you wanted in return though. :v:

I wanted one of the Beldums. Will hop on in a minute.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

Palladium posted:

Ahaha catching 100 million pokemans in 14 days as a global mission?

Hey Nintendo/GF you aren't called Niantic.

What, you think expecting that the playerbase would catch 82-83 pokemon every second for 14 days was optimistic?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I beat the game last night, my heel team:

Inceneroar as Chicky Starr - The Main heel his name will forever become synonymous as acting as a lovely person
Braviary as Mil Mascaras - The high flying, power bombing, mask wearing bird. Yes it has fly and Sky Drop in its move set.
Mimikyu as "Mimi D Cute⋆" - The Hypewoman, Sub-manager of the team, heel woman of the team. The heavy hitter/tank of the team. Yes the star is part of her name.
Golisopod as "Katana Jane" - A Japanese themed woman heel, strong as gently caress but actually a coward. MVP of my run,
Kommo-o as "Lady Dragon" - Royalty type lady heel, still in training didn't contribute much in the elite 4.
Pangoro "Crazy Angel" - The heel with the heart of gold, was level 30 at the start of the elite 4 fights but actually KO'd someone twice his level.
Myself as "The manager" - lovely loving teen who would poo poo talk the other trainers on the outside. Provider of pettes and pokebean on the inside. Would always pet incineroar head even though he hates it.

My first post game move is to box Pangoro and use Metagross (called Seńor Roboto a heel that thinks its a robot but is actually a robot) and start breeding mons, IVs, Evs and all that other poo poo I never knew about since this is my first mon game since red.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Man, they really lowered the encounter rate in water by a ton. As much as I appreciate not meeting a Tentacool every 2 seconds, it's making it really annoying trying to actually find stuff (especially when you're looking for a Pyukumuku and soft resetting whenever you fail to catch it by the second ball).

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

tyblazitar posted:

I'm in CET, but I'll be around for the next 15 hours or so.
Oh, those crazy non-Americans.

I'll breed up what you don't have of mine and then get online now?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man I am super disappointed Feraligatr can only naturally learn one atk water move naturally. He's got a varied moveset but I wanna take advantage of beefy stab attacks

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
When people breed for competitive purposes, do they go all the way to 6 maxed IVs or is 5 maxed + a really good 6th (in the least important stat, let's say) considered good enough?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Crumbletron posted:

When people breed for competitive purposes, do they go all the way to 6 maxed IVs or is 5 maxed + a really good 6th (in the least important stat, let's say) considered good enough?

If they aren't using the 6th, it doesn't matter what it is.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Supremezero posted:

If they aren't using the 6th, it doesn't matter what it is.
Unless they're using it to fix Hidden Power type specifically. Which is uncommon these days but still sometimes a thing.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Wait, you can't get a Lapras with Hydration? :(

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
That answers my question, thanks :)

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Txn posted:

Wait, you can't get a Lapras with Hydration? :(

Not until Bank gets updated, no.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Pakled posted:

Not until Bank gets updated, no.
That sucks. At least I got one in a Beast Ball but still, I wanted to chain HA in the middle of a Perish Song barrage

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Oh, those crazy non-Americans.

I'll breed up what you don't have of mine and then get online now?

I'll breed up most/all of the ones you don't have, might take me 10-15 minutes.

EDIT: Or even more, looks like it's quite a few.

felch me daddy jr. fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Dec 3, 2016

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Hey, I just got a careful Mareanie with high-20's IV's and Regenerator from the GTS (for a reject Jangmo-o lmbo).

Who would be a good doubles partner with her? I was sort of thinking something with venoshock or hex, but maybe I should diversify typings a bit?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Txn posted:

That sucks. At least I got one in a Beast Ball but still, I wanted to chain HA in the middle of a Perish Song barrage

Ah, looks like I was wrong, according to the internet, you can negate Perish Song when chaining Lapras by using a Pokemon with Soundproof, like Kommo-o. You should be able to get the HA that way.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

tyblazitar posted:

I'll breed up most/all of the ones you don't have, might take me 10-15 minutes.
I've got 16 pokemon for you, I'll be online, say when or trade me or whatever... also let me know if I need to catch more to trade you if you have more than I do, looks like you have 17 for me and I do have one extra piece of trash to trade away.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Hey, I just got a careful Mareanie with high-20's IV's and Regenerator from the GTS (for a reject Jangmo-o lmbo).

Who would be a good doubles partner with her? I was sort of thinking something with venoshock or hex, but maybe I should diversify typings a bit?
You could go rain-centric to enhance Mareanie's bulk even further (and give it Liquidation as the fourth move after Recover/Toxic/Haze) or you could try to get something that resists the things that are good against it, etc.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ElMaligno posted:

I beat the game last night, my heel team:

Inceneroar as Chicky Starr - The Main heel his name will forever become synonymous as acting as a lovely person
Braviary as Mil Mascaras - The high flying, power bombing, mask wearing bird. Yes it has fly and Sky Drop in its move set.
Mimikyu as "Mimi D Cute⋆" - The Hypewoman, Sub-manager of the team, heel woman of the team. The heavy hitter/tank of the team. Yes the star is part of her name.
Golisopod as "Katana Jane" - A Japanese themed woman heel, strong as gently caress but actually a coward. MVP of my run,
Kommo-o as "Lady Dragon" - Royalty type lady heel, still in training didn't contribute much in the elite 4.
Pangoro "Crazy Angel" - The heel with the heart of gold, was level 30 at the start of the elite 4 fights but actually KO'd someone twice his level.
Myself as "The manager" - lovely loving teen who would poo poo talk the other trainers on the outside. Provider of pettes and pokebean on the inside. Would always pet incineroar head even though he hates it.

My first post game move is to box Pangoro and use Metagross (called Seńor Roboto a heel that thinks its a robot but is actually a robot) and start breeding mons, IVs, Evs and all that other poo poo I never knew about since this is my first mon game since red.

You might wanna keep Pangoro and box Kommo-o instead, word on the street is fight dragon kinda sucks.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Who are some good partners for Muk-A whose abilities he benefits from copying with Power of Alchemy when they die? The only two half-decent VGC legal Levitate mons are Mismagius and Vikavolt, both of whom are neat but not fantastic. The mons with priority immunity abilities are also neat but not great, and Muk is already immune to prankster via his typing. Soundproof from Kommo-o wouldn't be terrible with a minimize set if Roar is something to be worried about, and it also stops Z-Parting Shot I guess.

It's a great ability that unfortunately loses a lot of its good options in the VGC meta, and neither of his other two are any good.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
What's the best catcher guy Pokémon you can use in this one? I usually use breeloom but I don't even know if you can get one in this.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

FishBulb posted:

What's the best catcher guy Pokémon you can use in this one? I usually use breeloom but I don't even know if you can get one in this.
Parasect gets False Swipe and Spore, that's been my go-to. There's also Smeargle, so.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

FishBulb posted:

Smeargle. Spore, False Swipe, Soak, another utility move.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I'd rather use parasect than smeargle

Good call.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

FishBulb posted:

Yeah it's not available until Bank gets updated. Your best bet for a dedicated catcher is probably Smeargle with Spore, False Swipe, Soak, and some generic damaging attack with no immunities for clearing out SOS calls.

e: eh, beaten

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

DACK FAYDEN posted:

You could go rain-centric to enhance Mareanie's bulk even further (and give it Liquidation as the fourth move after Recover/Toxic/Haze) or you could try to get something that resists the things that are good against it, etc.
Ohh I like that, maybe Pelipper since it has drizzle now? Can do tailwind/wide guard or something, too.

I saw some movesets that had infestation instead of haze, not sure if that's worth it, though.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

bobjr posted:

Hau : >:|

Thanks, I wanted to see what he said if you responded with that. One of the three times in game where he's not smiling.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I've got 16 pokemon for you, I'll be online, say when or trade me or whatever... also let me know if I need to catch more to trade you if you have more than I do, looks like you have 17 for me and I do have one extra piece of trash to trade away.

Finally got done hatching, going online now. Don't worry about the number, just get some trash ready.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

tyblazitar posted:

Finally got done hatching, going online now. Don't worry about the number, just get some trash ready.
It's a bunch of Beast Ball Beldums :getin:

(because I bred way too many)

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
You can also get a Munchlax via Mystery Gift which knows Hold Back and can learn Yawn.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

FishBulb posted:

Shiinotic

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

You can also get a Munchlax via Mystery Gift which knows Hold Back and can learn Yawn.

Oh yeah I forgot about yawn. Cool I'll just do that.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Parasect gets False Swipe and Spore, that's been my go-to. There's also Smeargle, so.

And if you nab a HA Parasect, damp can help with chaining things that self-destruct or explode.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Thanks mucho, tyb!

Still looking for anyone who's got stuff I haven't and I'll be around on and off all day. Updating my column on the spreadsheet now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Am I crazy or did they make EV training way easier in this game? Seems like it could take 10 minutes to max out stats via SOS if I understand correctly