Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

DancingShade posted:

I wonder if we're ever going to see Elite: Dangerous: Horizons: Guardians: First Encounters.

but this is two words in stead of one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Elite: Guardians of the Dangerous Horizons

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
After earning 3 billion at 17 draconis, I feel I have a newfound appreciation of my own wealth, and that from this point forward money should never be easy for anyone else to acquire, and I should go on the forums to lecture poors about how money isn't everything and they should appreciate the grind!

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!
Coming soon with space legs. Elite: Feet

INTJ Mastermind fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Dec 2, 2016

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
gently caress my christ, this rank grind is long past tedious. I'm at 20% through marquis now and I'm lapsing into a coma. I don't suppose long range missions give more rank or anything sensible like that? I need a break from these same four loving stations before I lose my mind.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Pilchenstein posted:

gently caress my christ, this rank grind is long past tedious. I'm at 20% through marquis now and I'm lapsing into a coma. I don't suppose long range missions give more rank or anything sensible like that? I need a break from these same four loving stations before I lose my mind.

Working as intended :frontear:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Pilchenstein posted:

Great news! You're currently doing it the fastest and most sensible way possible!

I may be confusing “great” with some other words…

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Tippis posted:

Great news! You're currently doing it the fastest and most sensible way possible!
:suicide:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It'll all be over soon(ish).

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Pilchenstein posted:

Donation mission bot is still the way to go. You just need hells of money for it now and it takes even longer.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Pilchenstein posted:

Which stations? I kind of want to have something to grind but I'm just wandering aimlessly now.

e: also who the poo poo puts a station 87,000 light seconds from the drat warp on point

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
One of my advancement missions was rerouted mid flight to a ground station over 330,000 ls from the jump in.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

adamantium|wang posted:

One of my advancement missions was rerouted mid flight to a ground station over 330,000 ls from the jump in.

:haw:

Just think of it was a "youtube opportunity" as you tab out or look over to your second screen.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I upgraded all my FDL multicannons to tier 4 and 5 efficient and now I can shoot forever with 4 pips to shields, 1 to engines, 1 to weapons and not run out of weapons capacitor.

I think I like this.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Propagandist posted:

Which stations? I kind of want to have something to grind but I'm just wandering aimlessly now.

e: also who the poo poo puts a station 87,000 light seconds from the drat warp on point
Aditi and Syneufe something or other. Basically, go to Aditi and take all the courier and passenger missions to it's neighbouring system.

legooolas
Jul 30, 2004

Pilchenstein posted:

I'm waiting for a Baron rank up mission and then I never want to try to grind any ranks again :(

(Should have done this back when it was cheap/fast)

I can't imagine the face-smashing dullness of grinding up to Cutter/Corvette ranks now...

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Is Braben a Goon?

https://twitter.com/DavidBraben/status/804806807789113344

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

I got the last two Imp ranks through mining missions without even trying (pre muh-immersion nerf). If they're still a thing and spamable and you like mining then mix up the tedious grind with that for a bit :v:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Wait: what?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Infiltration alert!!

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Lima posted:

I got the last two Imp ranks through mining missions without even trying (pre muh-immersion nerf). If they're still a thing and spamable and you like mining then mix up the tedious grind with that for a bit :v:
I'll go see if that works at all, if nothing else it gives me a break.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

That's probably the best gender balance I've ever seen in a video games company team photo.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Alchenar posted:

That's probably the best gender balance I've ever seen in a video games company team photo.

:frontear:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Alchenar posted:

Still two women away from equality, but well, progress!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Libluini posted:

That's... not how that works.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

That's... not how that works.

I'm well aware of that, my friend.

(I made a joke)

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Libluini posted:

That's because women dont understand vidya game development.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
I am struggling to engineer in my asp exp. Currently I'm trying to mine but running into a random spot on an appropriate gas giant ring now gets me a diamondback on my tail looking for stuff to pirate. Mines as a tactic have not worked for me, although since my technique right now is boost away, making GBS threads mines, and parts of the internet say you need to be in close for mines. I remember reading here that mines were basically an instant sure kill, so am I using them wrong or did things get changed?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Mines got nerfed last patch. They broke the immersion of having a fleet of heavily armed ships constantly assaulting you for one 20cr commodity.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Welp. Maybe I can win with 3 pulse lasers and 2 multicannons if I drop the mines. Is the actual res site any safer than randomly diving into the ring now?

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Sticking a fuckload of seeker racks on an Asp-E works well if only get attacked by a one or two pirates at once and can get out to rearm easily. Costs a lot of credits though.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Seekers and torps: the Elite definition of throwing money at a problem until it goes away.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

I think Ol Braben is in the green soldier outfit, I think thats Ed holding the DF sign.
I signed up for the Christmas Convoy, but the thought of jumping over and over is giving me the urge to stab my own eyes out. I give up, you win Forumdads.
EDIt: On second thought Brabenoid might be taking the picture.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Well I got that praseodyium I needed, after realizing gas giants are perfectly ok with having both a rocky ring and a metallic ring. Things kept magically working out for me against pirates, a python and a imperial courier got in a fight after looking me up and down, so I finished off the python and glared at the 50% hull courier til he went away, a nice security anaconda buddied up with me, absolutely sure I was going to be carrying contraband on THIS scan, and a diamondback forgot to turn on his shields!

And I realized I could orient myself by the gas giant, that was a game changer. Next is modular terminals.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Are we back to an endless stream of pirates turning up when you mine, even if you just picked a random spot in the rings then?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Pilchenstein posted:

Are we back to an endless stream of pirates turning up when you mine, even if you just picked a random spot in the rings then?

Space is actually very small.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Dreadwroth posted:

I think Ol Braben is in the green soldier outfit, I think thats Ed holding the DF sign.
Not Ed with the sign, unless the camera angle is really strange.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

GalCop members EXO have put together a rather comprehensive players guide to the game. (We get a mention in the BGS section)

http://www.exowing.com/pilots-guide.html

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Angrymog posted:

Not Ed with the sign, unless the camera angle is really strange.

Are you sure? The guy in the officer's unif is mr Space Loach himself, and he dosen't look the same as in his usual cowboy duds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
I like you enough E:D, but I'm telling you this as a FRIEND, okay E:D? it's because I care that I have to tell you that you're a nice guy and all but your faction military rank grind is the butt-blastingest most blasted-out-of-a-butt farty buttblast poop farts ever farty poop blasted out of a stinky poop and fart blasting butt that is blasting farts, and also poop, from a butt, is what your rank grind is ok?

• Locked thread