Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

notoriousman posted:

And if you nab a HA Parasect, damp can help with chaining things that self-destruct or explode.

If anyone needs those, I have a few HA Paras to trade.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Thanks mucho, tyb!

Still looking for anyone who's got stuff I haven't and I'll be around on and off all day. Updating my column on the spreadsheet now.
Yeah, thanks a lot, that spreadsheet is a lot greener now. And same, I'm interested in anything I don't have and can breed anything I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

:same:

Programmable Soda
Aug 8, 2008

Lyrai posted:

Hello pokemon thread.

I have a thing.

I went into Gamestop a while ago, and asked "hey you got any genesect codes left?" and I was given a stack of 50 of them. I've been handing them out to friends and such and I'm down to about 25. So gently caress it, I'm metaphorically shouting into this thread to say free codes

This is what I have codes for:

A few points

A) If this isn't the place for it, let me know/mods nuke this. I'll place it where it's supposed to go, last thing I want to do is spam
B) One per person, please. I want to spread the love around
C) You don't owe me anything for it. I'm not charging. If you feel like you MUST give me something, go donate time, money, or something to your local humane society or toys for tots.

Beyond that, I'd prefer if you PM me or something not-cluttering the thread up asking for a code.

I'll take one, since we don't have Gamestop in my country. However I don't have PMs, so I'd really appreciate it if you could e-mail me one at gus dot rivera dot p at gmail dot com

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

tyblazitar posted:

If anyone needs those, I have a few HA Paras to trade.

Yeah, thanks a lot, that spreadsheet is a lot greener now. And same, I'm interested in anything I don't have and can breed anything I do.

I'd take a Damp Paras! Need a good catcher to collect more pretty pretty balls. :sparkles:

Senerio posted:

Only one I have is a Modest Salazzle in a Love ball I can breed down. I've kinda been saving my Kurt Balls.

Could I get one of those too please? :kimchi: A female is of course preferred if you happen to have one, but otherwise I can play the 1/8 roulette myself.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Finally made it to Poni Canyon. How far am I from the end?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Deified Data posted:

Finally made it to Poni Canyon. How far am I from the end?

Pretty close.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Senerio posted:

Only one I have is a Modest Salazzle in a Love ball I can breed down. I've kinda been saving my Kurt Balls.

If you want to trade one for a 4IV+ Jolly Marill in a Great Ball I'll be really down

edit: holy poo poo do eggs at the day care stack now? The girl handed me an egg, I noticed she was still holding one and she handed me another right after

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Had a bunch of Beldum and Minior eggs left after breeding a lot, so I've just been leaving them in Isle Avue to slowly hatch so I can release them and free up valuable box space. But today I found this:

Much better IVs than the one I already have too, so it's not as urgent to get it to level 100 to Hyper Train. Now if only I could find someone else who breeds BB shinies and trade a Beldum and a Minior for some of the ones I still want.

Giant Boy Detective posted:

I'd take a Damp Paras! Need a good catcher to collect more pretty pretty balls. :sparkles:

Sure! I don't think you have any beasties I don't atm, so any old trash is fine. Going online now.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

tyblazitar posted:

Had a bunch of Beldum and Minior eggs left after breeding a lot, so I've just been leaving them in Isle Avue to slowly hatch so I can release them and free up valuable box space. But today I found this:

Much better IVs than the one I already have too, so it's not as urgent to get it to level 100 to Hyper Train. Now if only I could find someone else who breeds BB shinies and trade a Beldum and a Minior for some of the ones I still want.

Sure! I don't think you have any beasties I don't atm, so any old trash is fine. Going online now.

Thank you kindly! Yeah, if your just did a full exchange with DACK FAYDEN then you'd have all the ones I have already, since I did full exchange with him right before that. :)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I can start breeding Salandits later today. My ditto has 6IVs and a destiny knot so I can say you'll likely have good ivs. If someone can get me a 5-6IV non-ENG ditto I can even guarantee shiny charm Masuda eggs. I'm mostly looking for beast ball pokemon besides that though.

Currently I'm breeding Popplios in the hope of a shiny, so a shiny Popplio would get you basically any Pokémon I have that you want.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Are there any online tutorials about IV, EVs and breeding?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I assume female salandit are pretty good trade fodder?

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Senerio posted:

I can start breeding Salandits later today. My ditto has 6IVs and a destiny knot so I can say you'll likely have good ivs. If someone can get me a 5-6IV non-ENG ditto I can even guarantee shiny charm Masuda eggs. I'm mostly looking for beast ball pokemon besides that though.

Looks like Beast Ball Honedge and Snivy are marked as wanted in your column in the spreadsheet. Which of those do you prefer?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

What's a good set for Doubles Murkrow? I already have the following pranksters:

Meowstic - charm, swagger, safeguard, psyshock
Klefki - reflect, light screen, T wave, dazzling gleam
Whimsicott - Leech Seed, Substitute, Encore, U-turn
Sableye - Knock Off, WoW, Fake out, Quash
Sableye - Dark pulse, WoW, psych up, recover (this is for gimmick shenanigans)

is it time to finally invest in a SwagPlay pokemon? Should I go for Snarl / Feather Dance / Roost / Quash and have him be a debuff bot? How should I run this guy

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Giant Boy Detective posted:

Looks like Beast Ball Honedge and Snivy are marked as wanted in your column in the spreadsheet. Which of those do you prefer?

Flipping a coin, I'd say snivy. I'll hatch female for you if you do the same.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

I can do that! Would you mind naming the Salandit Dazzler? :sparkles:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

greatn posted:

I assume female salandit are pretty good trade fodder?

Shouldn't be since I assume most people just re-breed the stuff they get in trades.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
So how do you access the IV check thing in this game, postgame?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Talk to the sleepy guy by the Battle Tree after hatching like 20 eggs.

E: The Battle Tree is in the postgame, if that's what you were asking.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Blhue posted:

So how do you access the IV check thing in this game, postgame?

Once you reach the battle tree at the end of the Poni Gauntlet there's an ace trainer by the PC that unlocks the feature in your own PC so long as you've hatched 20 eggs.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Can't you just press Y on the stat screen? Thought that's what it's showing.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Avalerion posted:

Can't you just press Y on the stat screen? Thought that's what it's showing.

Those are EVs, not IVs.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

notoriousman posted:

Once you reach the battle tree at the end of the Poni Gauntlet there's an ace trainer by the PC that unlocks the feature in your own PC so long as you've hatched 20 eggs.

Great, thanks

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011
I ended up with 19 female and 17 male Adamant Marvel Scale Dratini in beast balls. I haven't sorted through the IVs yet, but at least half of them partied with a 6IV ditto.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I can't find a loving answer anywhere at all and I haven't played a Pokemon since I was 12, in sun and moon are there Pokémon you only have one shot at catching and if you knock them out they're gone forever or are they all repeatable and nobody can ever lose out on anything?

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

There's no way to speed up battles except for turning animations off right? I wanna like this game except everything is so goddamn slow. I don't need to be told what pocket I put an item in every single time!

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

I can't find a loving answer anywhere at all and I haven't played a Pokemon since I was 12, in sun and moon are there Pokémon you only have one shot at catching and if you knock them out they're gone forever or are they all repeatable and nobody can ever lose out on anything?

If you knock out the Tepus you have to go beat the elite 4 again, UBs keep spawning until you catch the designated number for the quest. There isn't anything in SuMo that you can murder and lose out on forever.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Trying to farm a drat razor claw sucks so much

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Got your beasty little lizard lady ready. Do you want a nickname for her or anything? Let me know when you've got young Dazzler ready.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Anyone got a spare Destiny Knot? My friend is ripping his hair out trying to get one.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

i poop fire posted:

I ended up with 19 female and 17 male Adamant Marvel Scale Dratini in beast balls. I haven't sorted through the IVs yet, but at least half of them partied with a 6IV ditto.

I am very excited for this and additionally thank you for doing the work I was going to do today. I guess I need a new project, now!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
UB-(Serperior's dex number, forget it, and a description of her, please. Currently getting ready to breed lizards.
Found a 4IV Japanese ditto on the gts so I'll be using that to breed too.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Dec 3, 2016

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Senerio posted:

UB-(Serperior's dex number, forget it, and a description of her, please.

Er, so like UB-497 Sleek or something? The name has only enough space for the descriptor to be five letters long. Need to think of more short adjectives and nouns that work.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
UB - 497 Smug

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah. Snake would also fit. Just something like that. I just hatched a 5IV salandit so he's taking over for his mom as far as breeding duties go.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

How about UB-497 Regal since Serperior is "the Regal Pokemon" in the dex? Or UB-497 Queen for that matter.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Perfect. Still hatching icky boys

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
Did they change how abilities are affected by breeding? When I was breeding Synchronize Abras approx 1 in 15 had Synchronize if the parent (+Ditto) had Inner Focus. Then I took the one with Synchronize I got and the opposite happened and I got 1 in 15 with Synchronize. Does it seem to be more heavily weighted towards the species determining parent (male with ditto or female otherwise) when it determines the ability? Or did I just have a really weird streak for my first 30 to 40 eggs?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Females pass down their ability 80% of the time. Males don't pass down their ability unless they have an Hidden Ability, in which case it's 20% of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
in regards to chaining, does the chain reset if you knock out the original encountered pokemon, or does it not matter as long as the other pokemon in the field is still one that can call for help?