Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Pooch Café

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

They are already dead or unconscious from toxic gases, aren't they?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Phantom

It's a goddamn stamp!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Stamps are a big deal. When doomsday hits what do you think we'll use for money? Metal bottlecaps? That's dumb, no one has those anymore. But we all have stamps.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Slammy posted:

Dick Tracy (September, 2009, click for big)

"Surprisingly low Reflex save, no wonder she got hit."

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (November 10, 1951)

Nancy (December 25, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (August 24, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (September 22, 1923)

Lil' Abner (May 22, 1937)

Barney Google (September 23, 1922)

Alley Oop (December 23, 1933)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Tomorrow's strip has Xiulan stumbling around the stage and falling into the orchestra pit.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Pastry of the Year posted:

Hell yes to the Everett True crossovers.

Be careful; you don't know what could be unleashed! :ohdear:

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Viivi & Wagner

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Strontium posted:

Viivi & Wagner

I don't think it gets any more Finnish than that.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Esplanade posted:

:swoon: thank you, this is all I wanted for Christmas! :swoon:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Esplanade posted:

I'm not sure this can be topped, but I also know saying that in these forums leads to wonderful things. :getin:

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (Sept. 22, 1994)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Pastry of the Year posted:

I'm not sure this can be topped, but I also know saying that in these forums leads to wonderful things. :getin:

What would top this is a goon made brawling game ŕ la Super Smash Bros. I have some ideas so it's 95% done!

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Nenonen posted:

What would top this is a goon made brawling game ŕ la Super Smash Bros. I have some ideas so it's 95% done!

Already been tried and failed.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm imagining the sailing software storyline updated to be about Kerbal Space Program, and it's pretty great.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

My Lovely Horse posted:

I'm imagining the sailing software storyline updated to be about Kerbal Space Program, and it's pretty great.

I was thinking the same! :hfive:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Slammy posted:

Andy Capp (November, 1970, click for big)

Those 3 balls in panel 3 mean a pawn shop. I'm certain I learned that fact on these very forums, perhaps in this very thread.

St Nicholas is the patron saint of pawnbrokers.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Again. Why do you care? Brad and Toni are not friends or family of yours. You are not the wedding planner. You merely run the venue, which presumably they have already paid for, and your payment is not dependent on the wedding actually happening on time or going well (assuming the gently caress-ups are not transparently your fault or that they're out in time for the next event to come in). I can see booking the wedding and being like, "Oh, they're a nice couple, I hope it goes well." But this level of investment is weird to me.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

And you just know Juliet is standing behind them thinking, "sonofabitchsonofabitchsonofabitchSonofABitchSONOFABIIIIITCH!!!"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I can only assume that the lady has another booking and she doesn't trust these idiots to be out on time.

edit - Also, they're hugging people covered in mud and soot while wearing their wedding clothes. They're dumb as moss.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So do you think the Evanses draw laughing rear end in a top hat's face fresh every time, or do they copy-paste it from a reference file?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Pop Team Epic

This is the introduction of Pipimi. The blonde is Popuko.

Honey Come Chatka

Honey Come Chatka aren't just singers, their idols.

Wikipedia posted:

The term is commercialized by Japanese talent agencies that hold auditions for boys and girls with little or no prior experience in the entertainment industry and market them as idols, often as a sort of aspiring stars/starlets to be adored for their sweetness and innocence and to have a frenzied following.
Side A is being satirical in producing an almost anime like moment of forced "endearing"ness while the interviewer stares on creepily.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Mark Trail has basically turned into Dragonball Z.

quote:

"How many Dragonball Z characters does it take to screw in a lightbulb?"

"Just one, but it takes him 40 episodes to do it."

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Speed of a Hawai'ian lava flow on level ground: generally less than 0.2 miles per hour.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

TofuDiva posted:

Speed of a Hawai'ian lava flow on level ground: generally less than 0.2 miles per hour.

Let's be fair, that's nearly supersonic compared to the rate the strip's characters move.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

Let's be fair, that's nearly supersonic compared to the rate the strip's characters move.

:golfclap:

I wonder if the lady still appreciates her appearance in this shitshow.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
My favorite member of Honey Come Chatka is the deejay.

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

WickedHate posted:

It's a goddamn stamp!

I don't think it's the stamp so much as someone is beginning to pull back the layers of mystery that surround the Phantom. Like, what if this dude found the Skull Cave, y'know?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Savidudeosoo posted:

I don't think it's the stamp so much as someone is beginning to pull back the layers of mystery that surround the Phantom. Like, what if this dude found the Skull Cave, y'know?

I get why the president is objecting to it, but his motives aside is it that slow a news day that they focus more than two seconds on this inexplicable legislative battle? Is everyone else in the country going "geez, just put a fictional character on the stamp, Christ"?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

WickedHate posted:

I get why the president is objecting to it, but his motives aside is it that slow a news day that they focus more than two seconds on this inexplicable legislative battle? Is everyone else in the country going "geez, just put a fictional character on the stamp, Christ"?

Sorry brah, this African nation is a utopia because the Ghost protects it. People are glued to their sets over legislative battles.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Safety Dance posted:

The Morgan Family is lucky 'Ces hasn't taken over that comic too, or else that bus would crash.

Be careful what you wish for

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

It's not well-known, but these days a portal to hell will add up to $10,000 to the value of your home.

Mary Worth

"I'd give you my Twitter and Instagram but you're old so you don't have that."

Rex Morgan MD

:eek: Holy crap!

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

"Remember when we had that inappropriate relationship and all the other 20-year-old girls were jealous of you being with an old man because they all want me? Good times. Good times."

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Batman and Robin

I'm gonna believe that Batman was paralyzed by his belief that tomatoes were poisonous.

Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

:eek: Holy crap!

Oh my god Ces did start writing Rex Morgan!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

"Here is my email and number, written down by hand on a piece of paper, which I carry with me."

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

My Lovely Horse posted:

"Here is my email and number, written down by hand on a piece of paper, which I carry with me."

All you gotta do is tell 'em that SOOORAD@AOL.COM sent you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

My Lovely Horse posted:

They just got out of a college class. Now, don't you look silly?

• Locked thread