Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3
I could use a guild invite if there is still room, character is Aibon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Pissed off I have to be on call at work on league start night.

Any major issues?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Anyone have a blade flurry raider tree? I've seen assassin ones but no raider yet.

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran
Looking forward to playing this season, been away too long. Murfolem if I may for the invite!

Hauki
May 11, 2010

of course etup gets a binos drop on his assblurry

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Anyone playing Pizza Sticks (Flameblast Totems)? Not really sure when I should switch into two totems. My cast speed seems too poo poo to do that.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Does anyone know why this is? It takes like 20 times as long for Steam to patch PoE compared to basically any other game.

Also I think for this league I'm gonna make an Arc Witch because gently caress the meta.

Payday 2 did this too. You download a 30 MB patch and because the game is in one big file it has to rewrite the whole thing. At least, that's what I've heard :tinfoil:

fennesz fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Dec 3, 2016

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Via reddit:

http://webmshare.com/play/9nrOv

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Torgue made those boots, didn't they?

I'm envisioning a Pathfinder or Raider build that just maxes out movespeed and Yakety Sax's its way around the map.

J
Jun 10, 2001

fennesz posted:

Anyone playing Pizza Sticks (Flameblast Totems)? Not really sure when I should switch into two totems. My cast speed seems too poo poo to do that.

Use bladefall instead of flameblast with the totems until you get more cast speed. You'll need to go out of your way to get enough dex to level up the bladefall though. Pick up one or both of the +30 dex nodes and try to get some dex on gear.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

whypick1 posted:

Torgue made those boots, didn't they?

I'm envisioning a Pathfinder or Raider build that just maxes out movespeed and Yakety Sax's its way around the map.

Those boots look like they'd be crazy with an Oro Flicker build if Flicker Strike triggers the fire explosion.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Deki posted:

Pissed off I have to be on call at work on league start night.

Any major issues?

Servers were smooth for me at launch, I got into the game in a couple of minutes even though there was a 15K queue. The breaches are rough at the edges, though. The monsters are supposed to disappear when they move outside the breach area. What happens in practice is that they turn invisible and keep on pursuing for a good while. I've had some instances where I had to escape from a breach, and I'm still being attacked by multiple invisible mobs a whole screen away from the breach's edge. This is with lockstep sync and ~50ms ping.

It's flaky enough, that if it isn't addressed, I'm switching to SC after my current character bites it.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I feel torn, I really like the breach's, but I kinda don't want to have to do cruel difficulty one more time and doing the grind to 70+ where the gameplay really speeds up.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I want to thank funman for inspiring me to level my zerker with Cyclone, people are bitching how hard the breaches are and I'm just holding rightclick until everything is dead.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I like using frost blades so I'm just gonna cross my fingers and hope I get useful/usable items and gear for it at endgame

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Someone doing vinktar's square and it's not even been 24 hours

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
My client is still crashing, even with the DX9 version. Windows event viewer gives this as the error:

Faulting application name: PathOfExile.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x58421f6e
Faulting module name: PathOfExile.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x58421f6e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x002ad0bf
Faulting process id: 0x16dc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d24d7c4872d9ba
Faulting application path: C:\Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile.exe
Report Id: b84557dd-b96f-11e6-a962-0019db4d3563

Any ideas, this is unplayable for me like this.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Breach is really good yo.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Agreed. The gimmick is way more fun than it looks on paper. High mob density + trying to grab clutched hands makes for a good time.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Obligatory seasonal "What is a good tanky cheap viable build-of-the-month right now"?
Preferably caster because I haven't played a caster in ages, but not necessarily.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I feel torn, I really like the breach's, but I kinda don't want to have to do cruel difficulty one more time and doing the grind to 70+ where the gameplay really speeds up.

Same actually, a few builds in my head I want to play/see if the gimmick will work but the thought of levelling even through normal just one more time is ugh

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I like using frost blades so I'm just gonna cross my fingers and hope I get useful/usable items and gear for it at endgame

You could try using the claw Touch of Anguish. I've wanted to make a frost blade build with it for some time, just never got round to it. It'll work great as a Raider in this league with the frenzy charge generation.

I'm not 100% on whether you're supposed to scale the melee/attack or the projectiles. (I THINK the wiki says that melee physical damage scales the projectiles)

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Hey can someone reinvite me my name is BoringDaggerRaiderBuild I skipped essence and didn't get much time to play prophecy due to being busy IRL

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Elentor posted:

Obligatory seasonal "What is a good tanky cheap viable build-of-the-month right now"?
Preferably caster because I haven't played a caster in ages, but not necessarily.

Occultist ED

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I found that blight isn't all that bad now that cast while channeling exists. It works as a much better way to cast contagion since blight costs practically nothing even with multiple supports attached (base cost: 2 mana).

Attach CWC contagion to blight, cast blight on trash as it runs at you, if it's not dead after contagion pops out throw out an ED to finish off the pack. You can cast it at a distance and it'll still pop contagion wherever your cursor is as it triggers leaving a manual ED cast for distant packs.

It can work for ED too, and a 20% more damage modifier is nothing to sneeze at. I might use a similar set up on a Wither self cast to trigger ED faster than I can cast it manually. That in a 6L Lioneye's vision would give me a pseudo 7 link and allows me to drop the pierce gem for another more multiplier like slower proj or possibly poison instead. Or I can do cospri's will and throw in projectile weakness as a fourth curse to get ED to pierce and have the advantage of never worrying about hexproof.

CWC is really a wonderful gem.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

zxqv8 posted:

I found that blight isn't all that bad now that cast while channeling exists. It works as a much better way to cast contagion since blight costs practically nothing even with multiple supports attached (base cost: 2 mana).

Attach CWC contagion to blight, cast blight on trash as it runs at you, if it's not dead after contagion pops out throw out an ED to finish off the pack. You can cast it at a distance and it'll still pop contagion wherever your cursor is as it triggers leaving a manual ED cast for distant packs.

It can work for ED too, and a 20% more damage modifier is nothing to sneeze at. I might use a similar set up on a Wither self cast to trigger ED faster than I can cast it manually. That in a 6L Lioneye's vision would give me a pseudo 7 link and allows me to drop the pierce gem for another more multiplier like slower proj or possibly poison instead. Or I can do cospri's will and throw in projectile weakness as a fourth curse to get ED to pierce and have the advantage of never worrying about hexproof.

CWC is really a wonderful gem.

You could cwc Ed and contagion on the same link right?

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

I am trying to follow this Golemancer hype train, but not 100% sure what to do for leveling.

Right now I'm just using SRS + Faster Casting, Zombies with Minion Life and Speed, Flame Dash+ Faster Casting, Flesh Offering and leveling my Orb of Storms gem. I throw in a Flame totem to help do damage while I'm getting my spirits out.

Edit: I am only Act 2 normal right now not going super fast

Zaekkor fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 4, 2016

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Tabletops posted:

You could cwc Ed and contagion on the same link right?

You sure can, it'll alternate between the two in the order following cwc. Put contagion first for best clearing results

You'll find it falls off in later levels, because you're sacrificing support gems to power up the ED cast. I'm just gonna put ed on another channel skill because it fires way faster and means i can get more damage instead of cast speed. it's fixed to a specific amount of time elapsed casting rather than number of stacks applied, so it really doesn't matter how many stacks the channeled skill applies, just the raw amount of time spent channeling. You just calibrate the time you hold poo poo down against the time before the skills you want trigger the number of times you want.

e:i suppose that if you get a LL set up you'd be okay with Blight > CWC > Contagion > ED > Void Manip > Empower. It'd likely be pretty damned strong, but still not as potent as two using your 6L to take advantage of controlled destruction or something to beef up ED too. Not mention the extra aoe on contagion. In that, blight/contagion could go in a 4L letting you go for dual wield or shields as needed.

zxqv8 fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Dec 4, 2016

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

e:f;b

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Zaekkor posted:

I am trying to follow this Golemancer hype train, but not 100% sure what to do for leveling.

Right now I'm just using SRS + Faster Casting, Zombies with Minion Life and Speed, Flame Dash+ Faster Casting, Flesh Offering and leveling my Orb of Storms gem. I throw in a Flame totem to help do damage while I'm getting my spirits out.

Edit: I am only Act 2 normal right now not going super fast

Srs melee splash and minion damage will carry you a long time, all in act 1. Buy a reverberation wand for 1c as well for free spell echo.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Turbo Ebola is way funny when it works :allears:

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
Was looking for a ring, got a show for a few minutes instead.

Goons. Goons never change.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Hmmmm. This looks like a boot option for the Leer Cast/Dying Breath/Death's Oath Guardian that adds another dodad on top of the other AOE crap. Gotta get all the survivability out of the gloves now though...

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
I'm not sold on Blight + CWC for Contagion. There's still a slight delay until the first cast of contagion comes out and I think that's just enough to make it not worth it over just casting contagion on its own. Not to mention that it weakens the best aspect of ED which is being able to easily kite while your dot does its work.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

queeb posted:

Srs melee splash and minion damage will carry you a long time, all in act 1. Buy a reverberation wand for 1c as well for free spell echo.

Do you think until I find a 4 link (since I'm still lower level) Faster Casting + Minion Damage is good or should I replace FC with Melee Splash for now?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Your spirits will hit more targets with MS than being able to have more active at once with FC

J
Jun 10, 2001

Breaches are frickin cool. Way more interesting of a mechanic than I was expecting.

I-H
Dec 24, 2009
The breachlord Tul and the cold element might be a reference to the Diablo 2 rune Thul, or then they just have a common origin:

http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runes.shtml

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

moush posted:

I'm not sold on Blight + CWC for Contagion. There's still a slight delay until the first cast of contagion comes out and I think that's just enough to make it not worth it over just casting contagion on its own. Not to mention that it weakens the best aspect of ED which is being able to easily kite while your dot does its work.

Contagion has a base cast time of .75s. CWC will trigger it in as little as .35s, in which time you'll probably end up popping out two stacks of blight - the cast times don't line up perfectly, but blight stacks aren't really all that critical. It takes a lot of casting speed bonuses to get contagion to cast that fast and even with echo you're still stuck in place for at least as long as you'd take to channel it out once. And you don't have the added layer of blight's initial hinder defending you.

It's largely down to feel, but I'm enjoying it a lot more than the same old one-two self cast dance.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

J posted:

Breaches are frickin cool. Way more interesting of a mechanic than I was expecting.

The one issue I've got with them is how the spawns occasionally are like on the far side of a wall that's only passable via a fairly distant door because of where the bubble starts from.

On the other hand the sheer clusterfuckery is really nice to see. The first few I got in Normal were really sparse and I almost had to go hunting in order to keep the bubble going, but now that I'm in Cruel it's like, okay, tap the breach WOAH gently caress gently caress gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Think the game's doing that thing again :v:

• Locked thread