Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

But this is 2016! How can we get Yakuza localizations in the worst possible timeline??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Thank you Gio Corsi, you're the best.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Policenaut posted:

YAKUZA 6 IS COMING TOO

2018 :qq:

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Amazing news. Hard to believe compared to how bleak things looked a couple of years ago.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i like yakuza. i am happy.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

*KICKS OPEN THE DOOR AND RUNS IN THE ROOM*

HOLY loving poo poo YOU GUYS

*RUNS BACK OUT OF THE ROOM*

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's not even out in Japan yet and looks to have an utterly insane amount of content so I'm not surprised or upset.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

We have gone from praying for God to deliver us a single game to getting TWO YAKUZA GAMES IN ONE YEAR

God bless you Gio Corsi.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I'm so happy

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Ryuga Death posted:

gently caress, I should have purchased a PS4 pro instead of some PC upgrades. drat it all.
Did they confirm Pro support?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Housh posted:

Did they confirm Pro support?

given the release date i think 6 sort of has to support something pro related

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
whoa

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Crappy Jack posted:

:supaburn:CURRENTLY RENEE YOUNG'ING ALONG WITH MY AVY RIGHT NOW:supaburn:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

It's not even out in Japan yet and looks to have an utterly insane amount of content so I'm not surprised or upset.

Oooooh I thought it had already been out in Japan. This is not a long wait then in comparison to other Yakuza titles. It is taking us over 3 years to get Yakuza Zero.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

AaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! :dance:

Better than I ever could've hoped for, give Gio Corsi a medal.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

gently caress yes.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
It's funny, the thread title gets older and older but it becomes more and more relevant. Bless you, Gio.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

quote:

KIWAMI and 0 in 2017. 6 in 2018.

I - have a reason to live?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Why hasn't Gio Corsi been canonized as a saint yet?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Press release for 6.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Remember when this thread was just us bitching that Yakuza 5 had no chance coming to the West?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

That's three years in a row a Yakuza game was announced for localization. I wonder what next year will bring?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
It's a shame they never translated Kenzan, probably the most interesting Yakuza game imho.

Though watching the LP I understand because Western media would've flipped their poo poo with Haruka's job.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Next we're gonna hear Gio Corsi has gone to Sega and gotten us a day 1 release in the west of Yakuza 7 or something.

A man can dream.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Now that you've secured up to 6 how about getting Ishin for funzies? That sound like a good plan Gio?

Foam Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
Lurkzilla
Grimey Drawer
Well there goes my life after work for the year. It already takes me ages to beat a Yakuza game (have to wait for the SO to not be busy because this series is our version of Days of Our Lives), but to have 3 games in 2 years is amazing.

I'm really excited for Kiwami though. I have a really hard time replaying Yakuza 1 due to being spoiled by 3-5.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Crappy Jack posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7fAM1AHdnI

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Yakuza games are the only ones I'll play until I pass out. Get bored of everything else.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Does Kiwami change up the story enough that a Yakuza 2 remaster or whatever would need to be done?

I mean I'd love it I could play Yakuza 0-6 on the PS4, imagine how beautiful a collectors set that could be :allears:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Bless you Gio Corsi

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

We did it people. We never gave up the Yakuza hope. May we crush fools with manly fists for ever and ever amen.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Crappy Jack posted:

poo poo's like a Genki signal

Also, I have in my head an image of Kiryu in the style of the Obama Hope art

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Getting home to those announcements last night just blew me away. I didn't expect Kiwami so soon (or at all, for that matter), and a 2018 for Yakuza 6 sounds pretty good when you consider that we might be getting a newly localized Yakuza every 6 months.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Housh posted:

Remember when this thread was just us bitching that Yakuza 5 had no chance coming to the West?

Of course. In fact I got so hysterical about it that I went and blame shovelware devs in Japan for ruining everything. Good thing Gio Corsi was there to tell Sega that there are still customers with taste unlike the Senran Kagura fans who gives it a 95% positive rating on steam to stick it to people with taste

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mr. Fortitude posted:

That's three years in a row a Yakuza game was announced for localization. I wonder what next year will bring?

Worldwide same day release for Yakuza 7

:pray:

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Kind of regretting playing 1 for the first time ever like 2 months ago. I just never expected Kiwami to come over. Good on ya Sony (and Deep Silver).

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Did Deep Silver have something to do with the loc??

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They're publishing all of Sega's 'we don't think this will sell' stuff in Europe, since Sega Europe is an empty office someone occasionally goes in to clean before the next Football Manager game comes out.
Their logo was on the trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Oh neat. Good on them.

• Locked thread