Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

:rolleyes:

Anyways, good job FaZe, you somehow threw that away against Optic of all teams

Random seeding kind of hosed us. Have 0 doubt that Astralis is going to roll over them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
The thing about CS is that it gets decent ratings for the time slot and is pretty cheap to produce. TBS doesn't have to pay tens or hundreds of millions in broadcasting rights to get the content and Thorin and the other hosts don't command 7 figure paychecks either.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Smol posted:

The thing about CS is that it gets decent ratings for the time slot and is pretty cheap to produce. TBS doesn't have to pay tens or hundreds of millions in broadcasting rights to get the content and Thorin and the other hosts don't command 7 figure paychecks either.

Sort of like why reality tv is so successful

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Yep. Also CS gets their advertisers a relatively valuable viewer demographic that can be hard to reach otherwise (young people!).

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

which one of you goons soloqueued without a mic and then proceeded to bitch that we weren't seeing your typed callouts

I know it was one of you fuckers

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Sounds like taylor

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

100% Up Circle aka Taylor Swift

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

see you on the ramps

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
i was almost certain that faze losing to optic was a part of my fever dream last night but here we are

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

i was almost certain that faze losing to optic was a part of my fever dream last night but here we are

gonna build that Green Wall 10ft higher.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

New Zealand can eat me posted:

:rolleyes:

Anyways, good job FaZe, you somehow threw that away against Optic of all teams

Random seeding kind of hosed us. Have 0 doubt that Astralis is going to roll over them.

You were wrong about lots of stuff on the last page so I'm looking forward to you being wrong about everything on this page too

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Garfu posted:

You were wrong about lots of stuff on the last page so I'm looking forward to you being wrong about everything on this page too

lmao

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i deranked after a string of poor decisions initiated by my friend evan williams :(
on the plus side i might get a hackusation in the next few games :)

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

100% Up Circle aka Taylor Swift

the wrongness starts here

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

:siren:https://twitter.com/NWDeKay/status/805147082335977473:siren:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

FNX stunk up the join at eleague so not surprised, also 10 minute warning for eleague final

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

It feels weird watching a professional gaming tournament on television

e: never any quality issues though so that's neat

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
I don't have TV to watch a professional gaming tournament. Disappointed I don't get replays and stuff :( Happy because I don't have to deal with Thorin.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Goddamn astralis.

WhatDo
Nov 22, 2012

Famethrowa posted:

which one of you goons soloqueued without a mic and then proceeded to bitch that we weren't seeing your typed callouts

I know it was one of you fuckers

It was me :downs:

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
Is there a way I can stream TBS if I'm not in the US?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Lol easiest $400k ever.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
The last danish team I cheered for was Anexis, I'm not about to start again. Go optic

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

On one hand, OpTic have proven they're a total underdog story and to see them win such a large tournament as this will feel amazing as an American. Plus, not one but two NA teams would have won a large tournament this year, after a ten-year drought.

On the other, I can't stand to see device in tears once more. :(

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

lol I think I jinxed it

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

I don't know, it would be NA as gently caress to win map 2 only to get completely wrecked on map 3

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

What the gently caress has gotten into Optic?

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Thorin said Astralis would win, so naturally Optic is going to take it (He's 0/7 in predictions so far this weekend)

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Thorin said Astralis would win, so naturally Optic is going to take it (He's 0/7 in predictions so far this weekend)

I loved it when he was trying to act like he knew what the pick/bans would be in the pre-game time. (HLTV had them posted an hour+ before the broadcast started)

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Sit down to see my man Xyp9x make a sweet clutch.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
I was sad when VP was eliminated, but this is some good CS.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

This is a good finale

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
Optic has thrown away way too many rounds.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:getout: Astralis

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

This is way better than the first season finale and I think it's because the best team in the world at the time was DQd during the first season

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???
Optic losing so many stupid 3v1 and 4v1 rounds yet they still look like they're gonna win

stump collector
May 28, 2007

mcvey posted:

The last danish team I cheered for was Anexis, I'm not about to start again. Go optic

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Diddie posted:

Optic losing so many stupid 3v1 and 4v1 rounds yet they still look like they're gonna win

Astralis' spirit is just broken.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

:gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Photex posted:

This is way better than the first season finale and I think it's because the best team in the world at the time was DQd during the first season

the first season had a really stupid format and i don't think i gave a poo poo about the finals by the time they got around to playing them