Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mcdermit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
did the NBA season start yet?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

G-Hawk posted:

Draymond Green backs up Steve Kerr's argument on marijuana for pain: "Any vegetable that comes from the earth, they encourage you to eat it"

personally i prefer to eat vegetables that don't come from the earth

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

PantsFreeZone posted:

For some weird reason they delayed it until next year.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

chunkles posted:

personally i prefer to eat vegetables that don't come from the earth

Weird argument against 'dro

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

PantsFreeZone posted:

Yup. A lot rumors that this might be the final season.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

PantsFreeZone posted:

Nope. Give it a couple weeks.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Well the Heat's season is over, so

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Libertine: the African Wild rear end is going extinct, that's my prediction

Also, some unscrupulous type is going to poison draymond with a wild carrot

Cool Buff Man posted:

this post triggered my memory and tae, i know we've butted heads in the past, but you are some sort of weird name artist and i appreciate you very much

Deangelo is pronounced "Dean gulluo"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I wonder what Dwight's scoring would have looked like in Houston is he were willing to run the p&r as much as Capela does

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

I wonder what Dwight's scoring would have looked like in Houston is he were willing to run the p&r as much as Capela does

it is still funny that dwight sabotaged an entire team's offense because shaq made fun of him on television

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

it is still funny that dwight sabotaged an entire team's offense because shaq made fun of him on television
Dwight feeling compelled to be a traditional post player is one of the great shames of recent basketball history.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Dwight was just a young boy who wanted to bring Christian values to the NBA and it turned him into a skittles scented mental ruin

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Remember when Dwight waived the early termination option in his contract because people on Twitter were being mean to him?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Niwrad posted:

Remember when Dwight waived the early termination option in his contract because people on Twitter were being mean to him?

Remember when he barged into a sex worker's house while she had a friend over and waived his dick at her?

Dejan Bimble posted:

Dwight was just a young boy who wanted to bring Christian values to the NBA and it turned him into a skittles scented mental ruin

He may be the best example of the high school dude who wasn't ready for the NBA lifestyle mentally. He got rich and just ran around knocking up cheerleaders and making fart jokes and generally being your little brother's number one most shitheaded friend that you hate until everyone decided they'd rather be on a team headlined by Jameer Nelson.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Imagine DeAndre Jordan being as much of a baby as dwight and wants post touches and bank shots

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

Remember when he barged into a sex worker's house while she had a friend over and waived his dick at her?

No :prepop:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Remember when he nailed a 17 year old while wearing his Rockets gear

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Remember when he was on with Chris Hansen and the dude was like "Condoms and skittles? What were your plans coming here tonight?" and Dwight just made a farting noise

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cool Buff Man posted:

this post triggered my memory and tae, i know we've butted heads in the past, but you are some sort of weird name artist and i appreciate you very much

He has a Derek Fisher one too.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I got cable so now I watch a lot of Lakers games. I've liked watching Ingram play so far but haven't done any research to see if he's been good or not.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Tae posted:

Imagine DeAndre Jordan being as much of a baby as dwight and wants post touches and bank shots
Wasn't that basically the Mavs pitch to him?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Draymond douchebag meter++
https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/805133957817724928

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Strawberry Panda posted:

I got cable so now I watch a lot of Lakers games. I've liked watching Ingram play so far but haven't done any research to see if he's been good or not.

He is missing everything on offense, but he probably already the best defender on the team

They're also running him at PG on offense a lot for some reason as well

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Wasn't that basically the Mavs pitch to him?

I think the Mavs' plan for him was to run pick and rolls all day.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Scoring 30 shooting <40% from the field but getting >10 points from the line should be named "The Harden" at this point if it isn't already.

30/<40%/10FTs is the AI/Kobe/Carmelo special:

code:
Player		Regular season/playoff games since 1984
Allen Iverson	50
Kobe Bryant	37
Carmelo Anthony	24

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/uninterrupted/status/804809852413317120

Lebron is gonna drop 55 on the Bulls tonight.

Look at that goddamn face. Look at it.

LBJ has taken the Cubs curse upon himself. He won't win a title again until 2124.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Yeah, the west is wide open at this point in the season and it's really, really interesting. There are serious flaws with all 3 of the top teams and the rockets could be better than their record implies.

The Rockets defense has been awful this year.

Spoeank posted:

How tf am I the 11th person to watch this, it's prime viral poo poo

Unlisted video.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Zogo posted:

The Rockets defense has been awful this year.

What are you talking abo- *gives up 9 easy points to the Jazz in 30 seconds*

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

jackofarcades posted:

I was super mad when Steve Kerr hit the 3. I was staying at my cousin's house for the week and I was organizing some baseball cards and I just threw them.

I was 9

Brolander posted:

i remember my friend whose family was from Utah crying when Jordan put them away. looking back it's basically the correct response

All throughout the 1990s I remember watching the Bulls dominate. I do remember talking with a Blazers fan circa 2002 and he went into a rage about Kevin Duckworth.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Perhaps the Cavs have chemistry issues

Libertine posted:

Might be some wild rear end speculation on my part but neither the Cavs nor Spurs have any issues at all and you guys are overreacting.

Tae posted:

Its 5 months until the playoffs. The Cavs already don't give a poo poo.

They're showing signs of weakness. LBJ is looking weaker than ever and their D numbers are very mediocre.

Rick posted:

THey've almost exclusively played lottery teams, have zero wins against teams likely to be in the playoffs in the Western Conference, so just by virtue of being a contender that's going to inflate all their numbers. If their defensive numbers are solid as the sample size grows then all right but right now I trust my eyes over the numbers and conclude their defense is bad.

I think they'll be fine, but maybe not until the second round of the playoffs.

Heh. They've only played two games against your west playoff teams. We're almost 25% through the season.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Strawberry Panda posted:

People are just trying to talk themselves into believing in anything other than the inevitable outcome.

It's funny. The Warriors are 5th right now in D FG% and many are saying their D is in BIG trouble.

G-Hawk posted:

Draymond Green backs up Steve Kerr's argument on marijuana for pain: "Any vegetable that comes from the earth, they encourage you to eat it"

Eat everything out of the ground. :rip:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Zogo posted:

Unlisted video.

Yeah I just put that up for you guys

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Glumslinger posted:

He is missing everything on offense, but he probably already the best defender on the team

They're also running him at PG on offense a lot for some reason as well

He apparently had a great offensive game yesterday but I put the game on just as he was getting pulled due to it being a blowout.

I made fun of the people who saw him in college and thought he could be a pro PG and I think I still might be right but depending on what kind of night Huertas is having he's sometimes the only option now.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Seth Curry, Dirk, and Barea out tonight. That's like half the Mavs' points. At least they only have to face one Alpha.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I am glad of the Mavs sucking

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Intruder posted:

I am glad of the Mavs sucking

This must be what it feels like to be a Texans fan.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Spacebump posted:

This must be what it feels like to be a Texans fan.

More or less, yes

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Was cleaning out old photos on my phone and found this.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/805214932232867841

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Niwrad posted:

Was cleaning out old photos on my phone and found this.

John Paxson just got the largest erection and doesn't know why

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

lol, keep digging your own grave dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Here's a fun thing to watch out for

The Magic and Hawks are a couple games off from each other on records

The Hawks are a couple spots better at defense than the Magic

They are also a couple spots better at offense than the Magic

Congrats Hawks, you are a slightly better team than the magic who start 4 bigs and have no shooting

• Locked thread