Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Not the smartest aliens. They also store live weapons on corridor walls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

bull3964 posted:

Not the smartest aliens. They also store live weapons on corridor walls.

Look, if Saints Row 4 taught me anything, it's that aliens just leave (really intuitive) weapons lying around and that their motherships are super easy to take down if you just have a lot of balls.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

TwoPair posted:

Look, if Saints Row 4 taught me anything, it's that aliens just leave (really intuitive) weapons lying around and that their motherships are super easy to take down if you just have a lot of balls.

And power armor.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
This episod really was like Saints Row 4. The Dominators only needed to ruin Biz Markie :tinfoil:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Neat episode. Bunch of cool callbacks. I like how Ragman was literally just there for moral support in the final battle despite being a heavy hitter at least halfway between Barry/Kara juggernauts and regular humans. Oh, and how Rene apparently has no problem with magic mummy man but can't loving stand mutants metahumans and aliens.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bad Moon posted:

This episod really was like Saints Row 4. The Dominators only needed to ruin Biz Markie :tinfoil:

Oh, so that's how the crossover ends. The Legends run into Jane Austen and spend the rest of the season doing hilarious time antics with her.

I'm down.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Spergatory posted:

Neat episode. Bunch of cool callbacks. I like how Ragman was literally just there for moral support in the final battle despite being a heavy hitter at least halfway between Barry/Kara juggernauts and regular humans. Oh, and how Rene apparently has no problem with magic mummy man but can't loving stand mutants metahumans and aliens.

The difference is definitely that Rory doesn't actually have any powers of his own. He just has a suit. So Rene basically just sees the suit as a weapon like his gun.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

nine-gear crow posted:

Oh, so that's how the crossover ends. The Legends run into Jane Austen and spend the rest of the season doing hilarious time antics with her.

I'm down.

Making the show DC Heroes Excellent Adventure is a ok in my book.

X-O posted:

The difference is definitely that Rory doesn't actually have any powers of his own. He just has a suit. So Rene basically just sees the suit as a weapon like his gun.

Also it's easier to fear/dislike super powers as an abstract while making mental exceptions for your soft spoken, scrap artist Jewish murderbro who has save your life a couple times with his magic rag suit

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Just catching up with the show for this weeks episode and it's just like one long dick punch.

edit:

Ugh this Wild dog subplot is terrible.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Dec 2, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wild Dog is actually pretty awesome.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I can't stand his character at all. This is a really good episode.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Did the writers forget Roy isn't dead? All those glowy ghost characters as Ollie was leaving were dead loved ones - Tommy, Laurel, his parents... and Roy? He's just in another city...

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Roy died on the way to another city.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like Wild Dog. He's trying to be the tough loner but his mentor already did it way better and the rest of the crew is constantly undercutting him.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Ville Valo posted:

Did the writers forget Roy isn't dead? All those glowy ghost characters as Ollie was leaving were dead loved ones - Tommy, Laurel, his parents... and Roy? He's just in another city...

Felicity was there too, so not all dead people

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

hangedman1984 posted:

Felicity was there too, so not all dead people

She's dead inside. :colbert:

(I forgot she was there.)

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Ville Valo posted:

They're all people Ollie has lost in one way or another.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

howe_sam posted:

They're all people Ollie has lost in one way or another.

Also people who, when rendered as glowing semi-corporeal ghost forms, are slightly less obviously CG composites. Nobody dies in comics except actors with other gigs.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

While I know the reference to Colin Donnell being a doctor in Chicago was a fun way to explain Tommy not being there I like to imagine the "working triple shifts" thing was reference to him also being part of a multi-show crossover as well.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I think the crossovers are here to stay ratings for last night's episode:

Arrow: .7 -> 1.3 +87%

:eyepop:

Flash and Supergirl had smaller, but still significant bumps as well, everything's been over a 1 in the 18-49 demo so far.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

TwoPair posted:

I think it'd be kinda awkward to have her there since Arrow viewers who don't watch every other show would be waiting for some sort of heel turn or plot advancement for her, and if they did include it, viewers of the other shows that aren't regular Arrow viewers would go "Who the hell cares?"
FTFY.

Bad Moon posted:

This episod really was like Saints Row 4.
I know that both this episode and SR4 were both just throwing together a bunch of stuff that's been done a million times before, but they did seem to both happen to throw the same things together in the same way.

Spergatory posted:

I like how Ragman was literally just there for moral support
They are really committed to never letting him do anything significant with his powers. I mean, if they did, he would render the entire rest of the Arrow team pointless, but why have him there at all if you're not going to use him?

X-O posted:

Wild Dog is actually pretty awesome.
Is he? How so?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tiggum posted:

They are really committed to never letting him do anything significant with his powers. I mean, if they did, he would render the entire rest of the Arrow team pointless, but why have him there at all if you're not going to use him?

I dunno. There is something visually amusing about a dude who dresses like a combination of the most edgelordy incarnations of Scarecrow, complete with the creepy voice filter who then proceeds to go "Oh that is so COOOOOOOL :swoon:" at drat near everything he sees, in the most airy, non-threatening of voices :allears:

Ragman owns in his own special way.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
It's going to suck when Evelyn kills him; since the only time he's vulnerable is out of the suit she's the perfect one to do it.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Wait so Evelyn is angry at Oliver for being a serial killing vigilante and so she immediately goes to a serial killer? Kids today lolwtf

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's less upset about serial killing as she is at being stopped from doing it last season.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I Really hope they keep ragman around, even if they have to boot him to legends.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
It's funny that the aliens walk around butt naked, but still manage to find five outfits for the people that they kidnapped. And they even fit!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That ghost Roy effect was just shockingly bad.

Scyantific posted:

Calling it now, Curtis is going to perfect his T-Spheres with help from the alien tech.

E: Scope out this throwback picture Paul Blackthorne posted to his Facebook. Gotta love Barrowman just being called "Well-Dressed Man"

Well, remember, when the show started they were hiding his identity so that's just what the character was credited as.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Oh yeah, Carly Diggle was a thing. Man would that have been awkward if Diggle worked things out with her and didn't get back together with Lyla then oops bro's still alive and a drug lord cultist.

Walter come back :smith:

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Dec 4, 2016

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

howe_sam posted:

I think the crossovers are here to stay ratings for last night's episode:

Arrow: .7 -> 1.3 +87%

:eyepop:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They re-confirmed the flashbacks end this season, with the final one being Oliver seeing the boat approaching, from the premiere.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
I'm kind of going to miss them. If only because it was interesting to see how they managed to fit them into every single episode, such as having the flashbacks be of other characters lives when the episodes were focused on other characters such as doggie and deadshot. And how each episodes flashback B plot struggled to narratively and thematically mirror the present A plot, AKA we have to break doggie out of prison so we'll have Russian Olliver go to prison for the Bratva.

They weren't always great, but as a Film major who is graduating in like a week in a half, it was interesting as a way for them to flex their creative storytelling muscles.

Phoneposting, but I'm leaving his name like that.

Also some if the match cut transitions were really great. I think I'm done.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Ollie is gonna need grow one hell of a beard in th next half season of flashbacks

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The guy healed a heart wound in 2 weeks with some tea, he could probably grow facial hair at will.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Aphrodite posted:

The guy healed a heart wound in 2 weeks with some tea, he could probably grow facial hair at will.
I feel like we need a metahuman with that super power.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

nelson posted:

I feel like we need a metahuman with that super power.

I remember a mutant inthe 90s XMen cartoon had that. He was very :smith:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I guess Medusa could if she wanted to?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oh good, they didn't kill Curtis's husband.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
I openly laughed at that shot of Ollie standing in front of the explosion...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
They should just cancel this show and only have the Arrow crew around during crossovers

• Locked thread