Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sony has had some bad games this gen, and the negative noise towards the Last Guardian is getting louder. It's sounding like the Last Guardian might actually be the worst game of 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Imo Uncharted 4's tone is all over the drat map and doesn't handle it very elegantly but it is otherwise a great game and is probably the best looking video game I've ever played. I'm sorry, Max Payne 3, you have been usurped in the insane sorta-basically-realism graphics department.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

I said come in! posted:

Sony has had some bad games this gen, and the negative noise towards the Last Guardian is getting louder. It's sounding like the Last Guardian might actually be the worst game of 2016.

Isn't it more that it's a game that's out of place today but would have been much more welcomed had it somehow miraculously made it out by the end of the last generation when it was supposed to?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Isn't it more that it's a game that's out of place today but would have been much more welcomed had it somehow miraculously made it out by the end of the last generation when it was supposed to?

Yeah that is the way I am feeling too. The controls from what I am being told are only acceptable if this was actually the beginning of the PS3.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

spudsbuckley posted:

Sony have been knocking it out of the park this gen.

They seem to just think "what will literally make peoples dreams come true?" and then do it.

Woah, a post from the parallel universe where Sony's next gen library hasn't mostly consisted of huge letdowns and mediocre ports.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Imagine actually liking video games and being positive about news

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

Woah, a post from the parallel universe where Sony's next gen library hasn't mostly consisted of huge letdowns and mediocre ports.

Woah, a post from a parallel universe where the Xbox One is published by Sony.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
Last of Us 2? More like Knack 2. Get some taste, plebs.

Also, I really like that the original Crash trilogy is being remade, but I don't like the aesthetic approach they've taken with it at all. They've literally just gotten every asset and redone them from the ground up, except with no sense of visual cohesion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fbO2-egZ3U

I know I sound like an angry old man when I say the originals looked 'better' but the colour palette, and the griminess of the enviroment really does look better in the old game - everything looks 'bright and floaty' in the remake. Naughty Dog have always been good at lived-in environmental design - is unfortunate they couldn't replicate it well here.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

Woah, a post from a parallel universe where the Xbox One is published by Sony.

Sony has been winning this generation almost exclusively due to the fact their competition shot themselves in the foot, not because of any particularly excellent successes.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/topherflorence/status/805139133727383553

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

I mean that's kind of what he's always been right?

Right down to originally being owned by Universal Studios.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

cant believe all these posters are living in some weird dimension where the game of the generation bloodborne never got released

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Sony has been winning this generation almost exclusively due to the fact their competition shot themselves in the foot, not because of any particularly excellent successes.

pretty sure its good ahrdware with a wide range of more niche exclusives + a couple of big guns + extreme indie support that has done it but i mean

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Also, I really like that the original Crash trilogy is being remade, but I don't like the aesthetic approach they've taken with it at all. They've literally just gotten every asset and redone them from the ground up, except with no sense of visual cohesion.

I know I sound like an angry old man when I say the originals looked 'better' but the colour palette, and the griminess of the enviroment really does look better in the old game - everything looks 'bright and floaty' in the remake. Naughty Dog have always been good at lived-in environmental design - is unfortunate they couldn't replicate it well here.

Oh my god it's like original Crash murdered a real bandicoot and is wearing its skin.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

I never played the originals so I hope those pelvic thrusts are his iconic move like Sonic's spin.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Lobok posted:

I never played the originals so I hope those pelvic thrusts are his iconic move like Sonic's spin.

they are

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

even in remastered hd crash looks like it's stiff and cumbersome as gently caress

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the crash bandicoot trilogy are the best 3d platformers ever created

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Stux posted:

they are

Someone post the gif of the full dance

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The crash remaster is being made by these guys who I guess do the skylanders games + a million handheld ports so idk how it'll turn out

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicarious_Visions

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

The crash remaster is being made by these guys who I guess do the skylanders games + a million handheld ports so idk how it'll turn out

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicarious_Visions

vicarious visions is so fucken bad

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
More mediocre zombie shooters?

No thanks. I hope this is The Last of Them.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

More mediocre zombie shooters?

No thanks. I hope this is The Last of Them.

awful

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I didn't really want a sequel to The Last of Us, and I especially didn't want it to star Ellie and Joel if it was going to be made. But, well, Naughty Dog has a pretty good track record with not loving up their stories, so I'll try to contain my extreme skepticism about this sequel.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Hasn't Sony's thing been more "making huge promises, releasing average disappointments?" I remember a ton of hypes but none that really lives up to the hype. (lol, the Order.)

It's crazy how excited people are after this conference considering that by 2017 more than half of Sony's first party development will be remakes of PS1/2 series

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

When the last of us 2 preview started with those establishing shots of overgrown poo poo I thought for a moment it was that other post-apocalyptic game in development at the moment where you're a biker.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I was wandering the fire cave in dragon view minding my own business and killing bad guys when suddenly the game crashed :saddowns:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The only downside to Knack 2 being announced is that it is giving Order 1886 fans just the smallest glimmer of hope they'll make another one of those now.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Red Bones posted:

When the last of us 2 preview started with those establishing shots of overgrown poo poo I thought for a moment it was that other post-apocalyptic game in development at the moment where you're a biker.

Don't worry, they have that one coming out too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW_MrzzR1Xg

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I'm looking forward to The Last of Us 2. I also felt like the first one had pretty much a perfect ending but I can't say to no to more of that game. Naughty Dog hasn't disappointed me yet.

The Crash Bandicoot remaster is cool because maybe it's a little sign that the industry will slowly move to making the golden 3D era games instead of the golden pixel era games.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Palpek posted:

I'm looking forward to The Last of Us 2. I also felt like the first one had pretty much a perfect ending but I can't say to no to more of that game. Naughty Dog hasn't disappointed me yet.

I figured there'd be a sequel to The Last of Us but I really hoped it would follow new characters and leave Joel and Ellie where we last saw them. I guess that's not really Naughty Dog's style, though.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I am so, so excited for Winjammers coming to PS4. I played it at an arcade for the first time a couple weeks ago and fell in love with it. I think it'll lose a little something in translation but that game is actually amazing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Windjammers has been available with online play for 0 dollars for years and no one cared about it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i've never played windjammers but it looks like pong

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

In Training posted:

It's crazy how excited people are after this conference considering that by 2017 more than half of Sony's first party development will be remakes of PS1/2 series

its because thats on top of the normal amount of first/second party games so why would u be disappointed by that

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

2017 is going to be a good year for PS4.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Hi y'all.

My dog's about to turn 14 in February and he hasn't been doing so good. He's unable to walk now and attempting to pick him up to help has lead to nothing. His legs are just giving out it seems. Most of the day has been spent sitting next to him calming him down whenever he begins to whine.

Realization has already come around that this might be it for him and putting him to sleep might be the best option, but I need to discuss it with the rest of the family.

I'm trying to keep playing some XV but its been tough today :(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I had to put my 15-year-old rescue down last october, she had developed dementia and was terrified of her own bed, as well as everything else, because she could no longer recognize anything. My other dog is turning 14 but still acts like a puppy so I hope she still has a few years left. Dogs are wonderful companions and endlessly loving, and you no doubt have years of amazing memories with him.

When it is his time, please make sure to be there for him. To quote a veterinarian, "when you bring your dog in to be put down, please stay with them for it. When people leave, the dog looks around for them."

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

I had to put my 15-year-old rescue down last october, she had developed dementia and was terrified of her own bed, as well as everything else, because she could no longer recognize anything. My other dog is turning 14 but still acts like a puppy so I hope she still has a few years left. Dogs are wonderful companions and endlessly loving, and you no doubt have years of amazing memories with him.

When it is his time, please make sure to be there for him. To quote a veterinarian, "when you bring your dog in to be put down, please stay with them for it. When people leave, the dog looks around for them."

Max is the best dog and I have a lot of wonderful memories with him :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

oddium posted:

i've never played windjammers but it looks like pong

Boiled way down it's basically pong but it doesn't play at all like Pong. You have a dash, several different throw types, special moves, plus the whole package is just very flashy and well presented.

• Locked thread