Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

BreakAtmo posted:

Really? I thought they seemed to be moving. Thanks. I wish I could get more practice against him.

They do wiggle, but yeah, each row does follow the exact same path including the wiggle.

Also keep in mind that when Hush shoots out the transcendent tears initially, they're really high up and won't hit you until they cross the walls. Don't let those panic you especially if he's doing a few waves one after another in different directions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I haven't played in ages and I've completely lost track of stuff that I still have to do, is there an easy way to like plug my save file into something and get a readout of what to work towards? Going back and forth between the stickies and the unlock page in the game seems to be a pain.

Also, anyone try this out and know how well it actually works out? https://moddingofisaac.com/mod/1375/skymod-afterbirth

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost
I had a pretty interesting run as Eve a couple of days ago.

Within the first few floors, I had found the Lucky Rock and the Humbling Bundle, which means that all destroyed rocks dropped (doubled) coins. Then I picked up Dr. Fetus, for unlimited bombs, so while it wasn't unlimited money, exactly, it was a shitload. Dr. Fetus also allowed me to find all hidden/secret rooms by just bombing every promising wall.

Then I picked up the Portable Slot and the Lucky Foot. At that point, I was just cleaning out everything on every floor. I'd go in, sweep through all the rooms, destroy all the rocks, use all the money/keys/hearts to clean out every shop and beggar and open every locked door and chest, and use any extra money on the slot machine for occasional pills.

By the depths or maybe a bit later, I had full red hearts, 99 keys, 99 bombs, and 99 coins at all times, and was incredibly buffed out with a small army of orbitals (and had piles of money and hearts just sitting around if anything ever actually hurt me). It was sort of tedious to exploit as much as I could, but I was curious how far I could push it.

Beating Mom and beating Mom's Heart both took about 10 seconds.

If anyone wants to play the "I'm overpowered" game and poo poo all over everything:

RTV4
LBT4

(Warning: the only time it got a little iffy is when I picked up Number One at one point. It made my range with Dr. Fetus short enough that it was slightly tricky to not blow myself up every time I attacked. I picked up a few more "range up" power-ups/pills/cards fairly soon after, and it wasn't a problem anymore, but you might want to avoid Number One if you don't want to deal with that.)

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
I've been tearing my hair out trying to get the speed challenge. I've had to restart three times in a row because the first floor boss is always RNG Man Rag Man.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
gently caress pills, most times they just screw me over.

I'm still going to use them anyway :(

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

flatluigi posted:

I haven't played in ages and I've completely lost track of stuff that I still have to do, is there an easy way to like plug my save file into something and get a readout of what to work towards? Going back and forth between the stickies and the unlock page in the game seems to be a pain.

Also, anyone try this out and know how well it actually works out? https://moddingofisaac.com/mod/1375/skymod-afterbirth

I got this back when you posted and started a new file with it. It's pretty good but definitely easier than the unmodded game. It's kind of frustrating that the shops don't have donation machines in them but I like how this mod actually doesn't turn on health scaling for the enemies unlike every other big mod out there.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

http://bindingofisaac.com/post/154255262019/for-those-of-you-who-are-blind-the-binding-of

Afterbirth + is coming out Jan. 3rd for $6.66 first week for previous owners of the game and $9.99 regular

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Awesome, it'll have a victory lap where you can start over with all your stuff after you beat it.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Pixeltendo posted:

http://bindingofisaac.com/post/154255262019/for-those-of-you-who-are-blind-the-binding-of

Afterbirth + is coming out Jan. 3rd for $6.66 first week for previous owners of the game and $9.99 regular

So many awesome features! I can't wait. These days every time I play it I have to stop the runs at The Womb because I'm bored and two full floors of no items is so dull. I'm not looking forward to not seeing those ultra-rare rooms for another thousand hours though.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Orange Harrison posted:

Well that was just a random example, but since most fatties are placed in rooms with 1-tile pathways where you're supposed to play off knockback, having one randomly spawn as unkillable doesn't feel incredibly fair.

So business as usual for BoI then? Cause ending up in a room where you WILL take damage if you didn't have flight or high damage was fairly normal.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Not really, there's only a couple of those and they're dependent on other factors as well(eg: that one room where you enter from the top or bottom and there's brimstone wall spiders on either wall at different heights is guaranteed to hit you if you can't kill the nearest one before it starts moving and its brimstone hitbox moves with it a bit before vanishing... unless you are small enough that it does not reach you via that)

Hyphen-ated
Apr 24, 2006
Not to be confused with endash or minus.

IronicDongz posted:

Not really, there's only a couple of those and they're dependent on other factors as well(eg: that one room where you enter from the top or bottom and there's brimstone wall spiders on either wall at different heights is guaranteed to hit you if you can't kill the nearest one before it starts moving and its brimstone hitbox moves with it a bit before vanishing... unless you are small enough that it does not reach you via that)

It's more than just a couple. The guy who made the "jud6s" mod spent a lot of time going through all the rooms trying to remove all unavoidable damage. His list of room changes is here: https://github.com/Zamiell/jud6s/blob/master/docs/room_changes.md

By my count, he changed or removed about 70 rooms that could have unavoidable damage. (as well as a bunch of other changes for other reasons)

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Edmund was on the Roundtable Live podcast and talked about a few things, like how he originally wanted Isaac to be a more strategic game but turned into this chaotic "slot machine" where sometimes you'll get an amazing run and sometimes you really have to work for it. But he seemed happy that if you're good enough at the game you can theoretically never lose a run. There was something else really interesting about Isaac in the episode also, but I can't remember what it was, so just listen to him on episode #69.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine

BJPaskoff posted:

if you're good enough at the game you can theoretically never lose a run.

This reminds me too much of the Rebirth tournament at PAX where it was Eve-only and the organizers literally knew no other rules.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Orange Harrison posted:

This reminds me too much of the Rebirth tournament at PAX where it was Eve-only and the organizers literally knew no other rules.

I really want the Balls of Steel Tournament to come back, that was a lot of fun.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I hate this loving game I can't stop playing it. I'm supposed to be looking for a job and I keep going back for another run. Two very powerful characters, but all it takes is one loving room to mess your poo poo up and you start again. I can't stop playing it but it infuriates me at the same time. Bollocks.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Get a job, and then you won't have time to play it!

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

IUG posted:

Get a job

Don't do this. I fell for it and it's loving garbage.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Get a job that lets you work from home with a computer that's not your gaming computer.

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

So all I have left to do is collect god head and mega blast for real platinum god and 1001%. Any tips on getting them to show up?

Pigbog
Apr 28, 2005

Unless that is Spider-man if Spider-man were a backyard wrestler or Kurt Cobain, your costume looks shitty.

Darkoni posted:

So all I have left to do is collect god head and mega blast for real platinum god and 1001%. Any tips on getting them to show up?

Play a lot of the video game Binding of Isaac, friend.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Goat Head, D6, hope you find an infinite recharge.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

Darkoni posted:

Used to be the case you could respawn the angel statues by exiting the game and coming back and fill the room with key parts. Then you just D6 a bunch of 'em and hope you get the God Head. Not sure if it works anymore, doubt it though.

Aside from that, your best bet is to get a Chaos and find the items elsewhere then their respective pools. Either find Restock and empty stores or create tons of chests by some means, Jera + Blank Card for example. Then just hope you come across them before you Breakfast yourself.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Greed mode, get chaos.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Darkoni posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuYQQCAqIIc

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

15 minutes in, "Welp, game's broken."

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

IUG posted:

Greed mode, get chaos.

This is probably the easiest way to get any item you need to show up. There's like tons of ways to break the game, especially in greed mode. Easiest are either double steam sales through buying one or bombing shopkeepers so everything's just free or anything involving sack head and a way to generate pickups, which will give you more batteries than you know what to do with.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
See, I'd have guessed the crazy modder reckonings would start happening come about Summer 2017 with AB+ being out there for a bit. Yet...

https://antibirth.com/

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
Now, I am bad at this game but so far in this Keeper run (whom i have never gotten farther than floor 3 with) I currently have:

Brimstone, lil brimstone, swallowed penny, wooden nickel, sackhead, black candle, PhD, sack of pennies, and more.

Floor 1 had sackhead and the item that dupes items in the shop. Then a joker card to devil room. Hellloooo brimstone.

ML8JNXED if anyone is interested.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

ExiledTinkerer posted:

See, I'd have guessed the crazy modder reckonings would start happening come about Summer 2017 with AB+ being out there for a bit. Yet...

https://antibirth.com/

Oh drat, that looks really slick. I've never been interested in mods before with this game but that looks like quite a bit of effort's gone into it. I'm definitely interested.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Went to play today. Loaded it up on ps4, went to save file, everything was fine. Went to options, then back to the save file - everything's gone. Completely wiped to a fresh run. Goodbye 200+ hours and completing blur bomber and suicide king last night...

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Night Danger Moose posted:

Went to play today. Loaded it up on ps4, went to save file, everything was fine. Went to options, then back to the save file - everything's gone. Completely wiped to a fresh run. Goodbye 200+ hours and completing blur bomber and suicide king last night...

Oh, that sucks. Do you have it backed up on the cloud? I'm not sure if it does it automatically for Isaac (I'm paranoid because Isaac is the least stable game I play on PS4 and I manually synch it every time I unlock anything), but if you have PS+ there might be a save you can download so you havent lost all your progress.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

SiKboy posted:

Oh, that sucks. Do you have it backed up on the cloud? I'm not sure if it does it automatically for Isaac (I'm paranoid because Isaac is the least stable game I play on PS4 and I manually synch it every time I unlock anything), but if you have PS+ there might be a save you can download so you havent lost all your progress.

I tried to download and it gave me nothing. Resynced, download, nothing. I guess I'll just do it all again. :negative:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I tried to download and it gave me nothing. Resynced, download, nothing. I guess I'll just do it all again. :negative:

You might as well use a save state editor. If you got the achivements, just turn it back on. You'll lose the stats maybe, but at least you can turn on the locked items.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wait for the new expansion and then start fresh imo. unlocking stuff is part of the fun i think

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

the popular kids posted:

Now, I am bad at this game but so far in this Keeper run (whom i have never gotten farther than floor 3 with) I currently have:

Brimstone, lil brimstone, swallowed penny, wooden nickel, sackhead, black candle, PhD, sack of pennies, and more.

Floor 1 had sackhead and the item that dupes items in the shop. Then a joker card to devil room. Hellloooo brimstone.

ML8JNXED if anyone is interested.

I just tried that seed and floor 1 has Bomber Boy and a re-roll machine. Are you sure you have it right?

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.

Jedit posted:

I just tried that seed and floor 1 has Bomber Boy and a re-roll machine. Are you sure you have it right?

Yes I had bomber boy. Maybe have the floors mixed up.

I died at moms heart. :(

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I don't think I've ever seen the "Oh Crap!" transformation before last night. I don't even know what it did, besides make Isaac look like a shithead.

_____!
May 2, 2004

The same thing happened to my girlfriends save a couple weeks ago, also on ps4. She was devastated. She had just finished the daily, hit circle to go start another run and she noticed all the challenges were locked and everything was gone. I don't know how it would manage to delete the save in the middle of playing let alone that it was after uploading to the server rather saving anything locally.

This does lead to a good gag gift for Christmas. She has an Isaac hoodie so I'm going to buy a plain black zip up hoodie and tell her it was an Isaac hoodie but Tyrone deleted it's save. :q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

_____! posted:

The same thing happened to my girlfriends save a couple weeks ago, also on ps4. She was devastated. She had just finished the daily, hit circle to go start another run and she noticed all the challenges were locked and everything was gone. I don't know how it would manage to delete the save in the middle of playing let alone that it was after uploading to the server rather saving anything locally.

This does lead to a good gag gift for Christmas. She has an Isaac hoodie so I'm going to buy a plain black zip up hoodie and tell her it was an Isaac hoodie but Tyrone deleted it's save. :q:
Alternatively, the black hoodie is Judas' Shadow.