Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

LastInLine posted:

i know that it doesnt

you're no shaggar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

LastInLine posted:

the whole reason europe as a whole is behind america is because all the countries standardized early for interoperability. thats because what you call countries are laughably small and insignificant compared to any real place so saying that one country is better than another would be like saying yeah but look how great our coverage is in kansas while ignoring everything else

every european country thinks they matter and its so cute

mods, pls ban shaggar for account sharing

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Forums Terrorist posted:

you're no shaggar

lol :hfive:

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

LastInLine posted:

lol better than europe where because theres no actual difference between carriers theres no incentive to improve the networks

the international pixel has a camera bug where it fucks up if the device is on edge you know the network type that america hasnt had for a few years? yeah europe actually still has that in existence in 2016

america has faster and more lte coverage in more places over a much more diverse topography than europe is anywhere close to matching and its due to telecom competition (which will end once the trump administration begins welp)

i guess it doesnt matter much as americas network is easily 8 years further along than europes

edge still exists here

unless when I'm way the gently caress up north and my phone says E it means something else

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

LastInLine posted:

lol no they dont in fact they just got rid of it

https://www.cnet.com/news/t-mobile-brings-back-unlimited-data-for-all/

what the hell is that then
(yes I know nothing is truly unlimited but it is a step in the right direction)

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

its a step in the wrong direction on their previous plan you could turn off binge on and now you cant without paying

this should explain it

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

LastInLine posted:

i know that it doesnt

:iceburn:

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

LastInLine posted:

the international pixel has a camera bug where it fucks up if the device is on edge you know the network type that america hasnt had for a few years? yeah europe actually still has that in existence in 2016

i dropped down to edge in rural new hampshire for a couple miles on i-93 up in the mountains though, and also you end up on it in a few of the empty western states if you leave the major roads

i mean there's no reason it'd have gone away, towers that provide 2G GSM as well as 3G or even LTE are still all over the place and it'd be nonsensical to disable the EDGE extensions on them.

that poo poo throttles you once you're somewhere over 5 GB, if they want to, so it ain't unlimited. also throttles your tethering to 128 kilobit unless you shell out extra

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Android is actually good

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

maniacdevnull posted:

Android is actually good

for nothing

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

fishmech posted:

i dropped down to edge in rural new hampshire for a couple miles on i-93 up in the mountains though, and also you end up on it in a few of the empty western states if you leave the major roads

i mean there's no reason it'd have gone away, towers that provide 2G GSM as well as 3G or even LTE are still all over the place and it'd be nonsensical to disable the EDGE extensions on them.

tmo has mostly refarmed all of their edge to lte but id guess att hasn't b/c they arent frequency constrained

even when i was in west virginia tmo was 3g lte or nothing

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol at people slobbin over the pixel when it's just a poo poo iPhone clone

":rolleyes:uh no its completely different are u fuckin dumb"
":sludgepal:oh my god there's only 10 bloatware apps!!!!!"
":reject:can't wait to watch my 10bit .mkv cartoons!!!! "
":smugdon:oh man I wish I could get one but that calculator app stole all my bitcoins"
":spergin:ugh only quadcore??? 2gb rammm!! how will I encode the 10bit .mkvs!!!! thx Scrooge"
":swoon: this will be the perfect phone for my friend since their sarnsung exploded!!"
":hehe:is there a bigger version? I keep losing them in my utiliti-Jorts"

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

LastInLine posted:

i was in west virginia
lmao

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

lmao at paying for a plan where you have to pay extra to watch videos over 480p

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

i have family there, i have gone there to visit them and during the visit they accused my parents of selling meth because they saw a picture of their normal suburban non-trailer home because the only job options in west virginia are coal miner and meth/heroin dealer and dealer is the one that pays better so anyone who makes more than coal miner money must be a dealer

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Themage posted:

lol at iphone users slobbering over iphones when they're poo poo lg prada clones

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Themage posted:

":smugdon:oh man I wish I could get one but that calculator app stole all my bitcoins"
":spergin:ugh only quadcore??? 2gb rammm!! how will I encode the 10bit .mkvs!!!! thx Scrooge"
":swoon: this will be the perfect phone for my friend since their sarnsung exploded!!"

this sure is a post

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
iphone users are just that dumb, its sad

Axel Rhodes Scholar
May 12, 2001

Courage Reactor

Themage posted:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Forums Terrorist posted:

you're no shaggar

Yosposter, I served with Shaggar. I knew Shaggar. Shaggar was a friend of mine. Yosposter, you're no Shaggar. (Prolonged shouts and applause.)

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

fishmech posted:

lol at iphone users slobbering over iphones when they're poo poo lg prada clones

and yet it's still better than anroid lol

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Themage posted:

if you're a masochist, sure

if you're a normal human being, nope. iphone is trash hell for idiots

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

actually it was b/c i had to get to pittsburgh

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
ah yes, that phone for non-masochists, android

Jerk McJerkface posted:

(This is after I told her to get an iPad, and she got a chinese knockoff tablet that defaulted itself and my brother had to spend hours on XDA to figure out how to fix it.)

I told her that it's really just going to be more work and waste my time if you get a Samsung garbage phone, so get an iPhone and you won't have to worry about it. Infact, I'll even buy you the iPhone, because it'll save me money long term when I don't have to give you help and support for hours when there's a problem with it.

At this point my dad flipped out "What if your mom calls for help you will just ignore her because she bought the wrong phone? What is wrong with you?"

I tried to explain to him how terrible Android is, and he's like "You have an Android phone, so why tell your mom not to get one?"

"Because dad I hate myself and this phone (Galaxy Nexus) is garbage, just get an iPhone. I'll even pay for it."

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

fishmech posted:

it'd be really weird if you didn't get famous for being on something hundreds of millions of people saw at least multiple times a month, over like 10 years, with you prominently featured

see: that apple guy that ended up in the fourth die hard film

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

LastInLine posted:

actually it was b/c i had to get to pittsburgh

All roads lead to Pittsburgh

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
eu networks are actually good, work gives me unlimited data & calls & iPhone 7 for free. pretty cool. can't beat that

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Maximum Leader posted:

eu networks are actually good, work gives me unlimited data & calls & iPhone 7 for free. pretty cool. can't beat that

if you're getting it from work then it's not free my dude, shits part of your compensation

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
well I don't pay so it's free to me

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Themage posted:

dont all phones look like this anyway these days

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Syncopated posted:

dont all phones look like this anyway these days

its been super common since 2007 and apple wasn't even the first ones. it's also what a ton of pdas looked like before smartphones were common, just their border margins were chunkier due to technology constraints.

For instance, this palm TX from 2005:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

fishmech posted:

get a load of this old poo poo lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Themage posted:

Nah. Android is a lot better than iOS.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

fishmech posted:

its been super common since 2007 and apple wasn't even the first ones. it's also what a ton of pdas looked like before smartphones were common, just their border margins were chunkier due to technology constraints.

hm fishmech I am a fan of your sperging but this does not look like any iPhone ever.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

but the clocks make it look like an android

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
even in 2005 they had 2 clock technology.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

generic rectangle looks like generic rectangle from another company, better sue the crap out of them

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Smythe posted:

Nah. Android is a lot better than iOS.

Yep and specifically the pixel is better than the iphone http://www.businessinsider.com/reasons-google-pixel-is-better-than-iphone-7-2016-12/

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

every point on that article made me think "who the gently caress cares"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Yea who cares about a better looking screen on something that is all screen or faster charging of something you charge every day, possibly multiple times, or that something that is frequently in your hands is more easily held

• Locked thread