Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Citadel was definitely fun but also definitely stupid. Leviathan was for sure the best DLC mission even if it was retroactively justifying the dumb star kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
citadel was a giant gooey pile of fanservice and that tells you everything you need to know as to whether you'll like or dislike it.

Personally I think it was a smart play on Bioware's part, regardless of quality, so :shrug:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I think the Mars mission in ME3 was very good. Does anybody else feel this way? The sexbot chase was solid as was the end of the mission with kaidan getting thrashed around.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
this thread is loving terrible

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Moola posted:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Moola posted:

Actually it's fine if you choose destroy

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

What does synthesis look like wrt this thread and posting

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Who is Traynor and where do you meet her? The only non crewmember I remember you can 'seduce' is Kelly Chambers and that was in ME2.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Drifter posted:

Who is Traynor and where do you meet her? The only non crewmember I remember you can 'seduce' is Kelly Chambers and that was in ME2.

Shes ME3s Kelly Chambers

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I didn't write this but I agree with it

That all sounds pretty decent though.

Also, Lol tumblrfest

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
[Guy with big boobed anime 'tar voice] actually, citadel sounds insanely good to me

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

thrilla in vanilla posted:

I think the Mars mission in ME3 was very good. Does anybody else feel this way? The sexbot chase was solid as was the end of the mission with kaidan getting thrashed around.

I liked how if you were armed with a slow firing pistol on a NG+ run, you would always fail the part where it goes into slowmo and you have to shoot the robot as it runs at you, you'd never be able to shoot it enough times to stop it. The only way out was to reload a save from before the chase and change your pistol.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Citadel was great. It was funny and campy and had good action sequences plus the arena. It didn't fit the tone of ME3 which was mostly doom and gloom. But gently caress it I had a blast playing it.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I liked how if you were armed with a slow firing pistol on a NG+ run, you would always fail the part where it goes into slowmo and you have to shoot the robot as it runs at you, you'd never be able to shoot it enough times to stop it. The only way out was to reload a save from before the chase and change your pistol.

insanity marauder shields with that explosive pistol was the hardest single player ever got

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

[Guy with big boobed anime 'tar voice] actually, citadel sounds insanely good to me

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Trast posted:

Citadel was great. It was funny and campy and had good action sequences plus the arena. It didn't fit the tone of ME3 which was mostly doom and gloom. But gently caress it I had a blast playing it.

Citadel was fine in the context of it being the last piece of content the ME3 cast were in. It's a holiday special.

It gets slightly less fine now that they're releasing more games, but ehh.

Out of the first three hours of Mass Effect 3, the Mars mission is probably the least lovely. Still don't think the game really gets good until you get control of the galaxy map, though.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Trast posted:

Well the ending went so off rails anyways, Citadel could have equally been the real ending.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah "Holiday Special" is the perfect way to describe Citadel heheh

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Dec 4, 2016

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Oh man, this never happened to me. That's loving hilarious

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Dr. Abysmal posted:

It can also happen in a new game with the multiplayer weapons, since the bloodpack pistol only holds a single round and the reload is slowed down too.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
One part of me3 that I really enjoyed was playing so much multi that I got to samaras monastery mission and was confronted with A SINGLE BANSHEE OH NOOOOOOOOOO!!! And blew it away in 3 seconds.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Citadel is like Witcher 3's Blood and Wine, except instead of being a victory lap after the Reapers/Wild Hunt have been defeated, it takes place immediately before everything goes to poo poo.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Arcsquad12 posted:

Citadel is like Witcher 3's Blood and Wine, except instead of being a victory lap after the Reapers/Wild Hunt have been defeated, it takes place immediately before everything goes to poo poo.

Yeah except the whole thing already went to poo poo that's the problem with the Citadel DLC

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I just got Witcher 3 for $25 at BB. I don't have FF15 yet. I have a feeling Witcher is the way to go. Thoughts?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Waltzing Along posted:

I just got Witcher 3 for $25 at BB. I don't have FF15 yet. I have a feeling Witcher is the way to go. Thoughts?

Item gathering for crafting potions is a one time affair. Once you've crafted a potion, you don't need to gather resources to craft it again, just meditate and it will refill. Second thought is go to the Witcher 3 thread, and report on your first trip through Velen.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

I liked it too. The SexBot should have been the Kai Leng of ME3 and also not a SexBot.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Drifter posted:

Not really. I'm sure it's just a WOrthing Saga type of deal, where one week every five or fifteen years they wake up the lady Krogan from cryogenic slumber and let her do some administrative work and then back she goes into cryo sleep. She won't die for quite some time at that rate.

I'm not talking about her lifespan, but the fact that the genophage isn't cured when the arks leave. Female krogans were still sequestered on Tuchanka to keep them safe. I wonder if they are going to reconsider that for the krogans in Andromeda (who may or may not have their own ark?).

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I still think they will hand wave the genophage by saying they got sent the cure details via super space radio. It would be pretty dull to rehash the story after what happen on Tuchunka being one of the few real highlights of ME3 story mode.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I didn't write this but I agree with it

Holy poo poo this is loving terrible, why would you admit to agreeing with that? Like I can't even make a joke about how you probably hate 80s action movies because they make jokes in them or whatever because that poo poo was among the dumbest poo poo I have ever read.

To put it in terms you might understand: that quote was worse than ME3's ending.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Holy poo poo this is loving terrible, why would you admit to agreeing with that? Like I can't even make a joke about how you probably hate 80s action movies because they make jokes in them or whatever because that poo poo was among the dumbest poo poo I have ever read.

To put it in terms you might understand: that quote was worse than ME3's ending.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Mass Effect isn't really about "Fun" it's about sci-fi novels from the 70s dont you know

If you're having fun you're missing the point

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Neckbeards have lovely opinions.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLKZtppbm_Q

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

what kind of alien in this

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Kurtofan posted:

what kind of alien in this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOP5PBIghhc

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I'm not talking about her lifespan, but the fact that the genophage isn't cured when the arks leave. Female krogans were still sequestered on Tuchanka to keep them safe. I wonder if they are going to reconsider that for the krogans in Andromeda (who may or may not have their own ark?).

I'm sure in the centuries since the genophage was unleashed a female krogan or two got tired of Space Sharia and dipped out on a passing freighter. Not to mention prior to that, they lived on many worlds that weren't Tuchanka.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Just to echo this a bit, when will we start seeing games that look at the more brilliant elements of Witcher and rip them off?

Unlikely. I think CD Project RED is in the special position of having eastern European expenses/work hours, but western style earnings.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Reclaimer posted:

I'm sure in the centuries since the genophage was unleashed a female krogan or two got tired of Space Sharia and dipped out on a passing freighter. Not to mention prior to that, they lived on many worlds that weren't Tuchanka.

Yeah, it's not much of a stretch. It's well established within the setting that krogan do whatever the gently caress they want, and good luck to anyone looking to stop them.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Citadel is really cool and good if you're cable of enjoying things and having fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Baller Time posted:

Unlikely. I think CD Project RED is in the special position of having eastern European expenses/work hours, but western style earnings.

And as I recall, though we think of Bioware being the 'big boys," CDP RED actually have a much larger staff, and Witcher 3 had more people working on it than Bioware employs across all its studios.