Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
It might be that one of the Captains got tired of this sharing BS, stole everything and hosed off. The communal treasure was too much to bear. After that everyone else fights, kill each other off and the survivors give up and part ways. No Libertaria and the pirates are too proud to admit they hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Libertalia is awful close to libertarian.

I got it! It's a Seastead! Complete with tragedy of the commons!

Mycroft Holmes posted:

libertalia is the original seastead

fake edit: gently caress. Someone beat me to it.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

bobjr posted:

To be fair we just got to the big island where everything supposedly is. Since 1 is all one island and 2 the Yeti's only appear near the city, if there's anything weird it has to be near the source.

3 was weird with the spiders everywhere, but I remember a lot of people not liking that.

Since you mention the spiders - where they real in the end? Because considering what the gimmick of 3's macguffin was, the spiders don't really make a lot of sense if they were real.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
Hey everybody, just a little heads up. I'm gonna be leaving for Disney World tomorrow, so there aren't going to be any updates until the 12th or 13th at the earliest. I hear one of the restaurants there looks a lot like Uncharted 2.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Have fun and watch out for gators. And Floridians.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Chip Cheezum posted:

Hey everybody, just a little heads up. I'm gonna be leaving for Disney World tomorrow, so there aren't going to be any updates until the 12th or 13th at the earliest. I hear one of the restaurants there looks a lot like Uncharted 2.

There's a ton of themed restaurants, but Animal Kingdom has an Asia section that will give you flashbacks to all the Nepal stuff.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Now I'm picturing how funny a scene of Drake at Epcot Center would be.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
By the time he leaves it would be a ruin.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Watch Dogs 3's final boss flies you to Disney World 2.0 and you have a giant open park hack battle

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Watch Dogs 3's final boss flies you to Disney World 2.0 and you have a giant open park hack battle

Clearly the final boss is a still mute Jacks.

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
Check out the Skipper Canteen in Magic Kingdom if you get the chance. Very fun explorer-themed restaurant with a crazy menu.

I think Yak and Yeti in Animal Kingdom is the UC2 restaurant, we couldn't get a reservation when I was there in October.

Have fun in Disney World!

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So The Game Awards happened. Nolan got the award for best actor (Though the deck was really stacked in Uncharted 4's favour since of the six nominations, Nolan, Troy Baker and Emily Rose all got separate nominations, which feels a little skeevy to me), and Narrative. It also got nominations for game direction (Which was more "Best company"), GOTY, Art Direction and Action Adventure.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Uncharted 4's DLC has been revealed as a Standalone game starring Cloe that is very detached from 4 so no spoilers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V32k4ZtEsAw

I don't think this will share the same tone...

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Some good signposting stuff there. Red door behind a fence so you look for a way around, the loose fencing rattles and moves in the wind to draw your attention, her flinching from the bomb turns the camera toward the lotus so you don't turn right to look for it instead...

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Naughty Dog has also announced that there will be The Last of Us 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljXieLOMnzM

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Vadoc posted:

Naughty Dog has also announced that there will be The Last of Us 2.

Part 2, to be precise.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I was expecting The Second to Last of Us. Missed opportunity.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I knew there would be a sequel but it seems like a bad idea story-wise. I thought that game ended pretty perfectly

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Ellie's going to loving murder a giraffe

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

FlamingLiberal posted:

I knew there would be a sequel but it seems like a bad idea story-wise. I thought that game ended pretty perfectly

Apparently Ellie's the playable character of this one, if that makes any difference.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The whole story seemed like an appropriate one for what is basically the twilight of humanity and I'm not sure where they go after this plot-wise that will be interesting

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Spatula City posted:

Apparently Ellie's the playable character of this one, if that makes any difference.

I was actually hoping that'd be the case from the trailer but it's nice to have confirmation

it also just makes sense and is really the only way I can see the sequel working

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
More relevant to Uncharted, it's been confirmed that the DLC to this game is a standalone, which means it won't require owning the base game to play. It's also going to be starring Chole, who will be working with Nadine, and it's taking place in India.

I really hope Cutter's in it too, to be Nathan to Chole's Sully, because let's face it, if anyone can out-nerd Nate on old obscure historic facts, it's Charlie Cutter.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Hopefully Graham McTarvish wasn't busy with anything during the time they did mocap

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
There's also the new Death Stranding trailer that's... very very Kojima.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6goa1pI_az8

Umbilical Cords and Placentas everywhere!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Kurieg posted:

Man I wasn't expecting anything new for Bloodborne.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Why do people never shut up for these reveals? It's extremely obnoxious.

Also, the first person in that Death Stranding, that's mo-capped del Toro, isn't it?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Samovar posted:

Why do people never shut up for these reveals? It's extremely obnoxious.

Also, the first person in that Death Stranding, that's mo-capped del Toro, isn't it?

Third trailer will feature mocapped Junji Ito.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Kurieg posted:

There's also the new Death Stranding trailer that's... very very Kojima.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6goa1pI_az8

There is just so much to unpack from that video. I was not prepared.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

kalonZombie posted:

More relevant to Uncharted, it's been confirmed that the DLC to this game is a standalone, which means it won't require owning the base game to play. It's also going to be starring Chole, who will be working with Nadine, and it's taking place in India.

I really hope Cutter's in it too, to be Nathan to Chole's Sully, because let's face it, if anyone can out-nerd Nate on old obscure historic facts, it's Charlie Cutter.

Wait, you mean the same Nadine that's currently hired to murder the Drakes? Huh, what a small world.

This is gonna be hilarious.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Kurieg posted:

Sounds more like Edmund mcmillen.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

HenryEx posted:

I was expecting The Second to Last of Us. Missed opportunity.

There Was Actually Some More Of Us It Turns Out.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Last* Of Us

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

J.A.B.C. posted:

There is just so much to unpack from that video. I was not prepared.

I see a radical shift from the usual hasnt stopped Kojimas gun and military equipment fetishism.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I see a radical shift from the usual hasnt stopped Kojimas gun and military equipment fetishism.

The planes look like WW2 fighters, which I am not familiar with. The tank could be a Patton or a Hellcat, and the rifles are clearly Garands.

Then steps in Mads Mikkelsen wearing modern day tech with PVS-5 goggles, a G36 with some long-rear end scope and a tank commander helmet.

Not even time can stop him from drooling over 'Next-Gen Special Forces' stuff.

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Dec 4, 2016

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Those are American P-47 Thunderbolts which were also WWII era

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

love is a battlefield

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

J.A.B.C. posted:

The planes look like WW2 fighters, which I am not familiar with. The tank could be a Patton or a Hellcat, and the rifles are clearly Garands.

Then steps in Mads Mikkelsen wearing modern day tech with PVS-5 goggles, a G36 with some long-rear end scope and a tank commander helmet.

Not even time can stop him from drooling over 'Next-Gen Special Forces' stuff.

The vehicle looks more like the M10 than a Hellcat (Patton was post-war), but it's not quite right for anything I can think of. Same for the rifles. Not Garands, look more like the M1 Carbine but, again, not quite right. Modern rifle isn't a G36, more like the M4, but off. Nothing's quite right, which would be clearly on purpose considering Kojima's lust for military gear and getting it accurate, rather the developers making stuff that looks close but not quite because they don't care enough to get it right.

Soundtrack seems pretty good, though.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

CJacobs posted:

The Last* Of Us

You Thought You Had Seen The Last of Us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!

Detective Thompson posted:

The vehicle looks more like the M10 than a Hellcat (Patton was post-war), but it's not quite right for anything I can think of. Same for the rifles. Not Garands, look more like the M1 Carbine but, again, not quite right. Modern rifle isn't a G36, more like the M4, but off. Nothing's quite right, which would be clearly on purpose considering Kojima's lust for military gear and getting it accurate, rather the developers making stuff that looks close but not quite because they don't care enough to get it right.

Soundtrack seems pretty good, though.

Looked more like an M36 to me. The gun mantlet is a half cylinder instead of the M10's more triangular one. It doesn't have the right gun on it though. Even if you take the muzzle brake off, it doesn't look like that.

• Locked thread