Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I love how Fitz will get right in the face of people who can throw cars around, when they gently caress with Simmons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Javid posted:

I love how Fitz will get right in the face of people who can throw cars around, when they gently caress with Simmons.

I was half expecting Fitz to throw a punch, honestly. No one fucks with Fitz, or his Simmons. Or Simmons and her Fitz. Either one will gently caress up anything and everything in their path to get the other back at this point I think.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Sometimes I feel like Iain's performance is a little samey but boy, when he brings the heat, he really brings it. :stare:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

When Tony's picking a new A.I. for his suit, his hand passes over, then goes back and hovers over J.O.C.A.S.T.A.. Then he moves on to F.R.I.D.A.Y..

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jetfire posted:

I like that Mace was angry about Mack leaving without wearing a helmet.

Mace is really what Joss Whedon thinks Steve Rogers is like, as seen in his Avengers movies.

Kheldarn posted:

When Tony's picking a new A.I. for his suit, his hand passes over, then goes back and hovers over J.O.C.A.S.T.A.. Then he moves on to F.R.I.D.A.Y..

That's why there's no subplot about Tony boning his own suit in Civil War.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Blazing Ownager posted:

MCU Vision seems to be that, sort of. I don't think the mainline Vision is like that though.

Maybe AIDA's brain will replace Vision's mind stone once Thanos gets a hold of it.

Who am I kidding, the movies will never acknowledge this show. Too bad too since it's still pretty great TV.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
So wait. When Radcliffe said "FitzSimmons" helped working on Aida, does that mean Simmons really did help after she met Aida (did that happen on-air some time?) or was he just bullshitting because it sounded more legit that both of them were helping instead of just Fitz?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Jetfire posted:

So wait. When Radcliffe said "FitzSimmons" helped working on Aida, does that mean Simmons really did help after she met Aida (did that happen on-air some time?) or was he just bullshitting because it sounded more legit that both of them were helping instead of just Fitz?

I assume that she had a conversation with Radcliffe sometime between her recognizing it immediately (she already knew, might as well tell her everything) or during the period of time between her getting the one over on Mace and everyone getting split up for the mission to the power plant.

Weren't they fighting about it right before? She was still upset that he hadn't told her earlier.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I mean FitzSimmons "helped" sounds better than "Fitz helps and Simmons knew about this". Radcliffe is also the kind of person who wouldn't mind telling a lie half-truth, when defending his work on his pet secret project.

And Simmons seemed like she intended to help with Aida.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
She certainly helped by not telling Mace.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Sometimes I think people are just used to saying FitzSimmons.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I loving love this show

"Wait, what are they doing?! Do we look this stupid on comms?"

line of the year :laffo:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Archaic posted:

Maybe AIDA's brain will replace Vision's mind stone once Thanos gets a hold of it.

Who am I kidding, the movies will never acknowledge this show. Too bad too since it's still pretty great TV.

I honestly think one of the best things about the show, the fact Coulson is alive, is why they won't - beyond the other problems. That's been a big point at Marvel.

That said I am shocked they haven't brought up the Netflix shows yet, given they avoided the rough start AOS had.

The MSJ posted:

Mace is really what Joss Whedon thinks Steve Rogers is like, as seen in his Avengers movies.

I really like Mace a lot. He's been a well handled character and if they make him go evil I will be badly disappointed. He's entirely understandable in his approach, and his only sin is not being Coulson, really. He makes some bad calls but everyone does. I really hope his 'dark secret' turns out to be something benign, like him feeling he didn't do enough.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Blazing Ownager posted:

I really like Mace a lot. He's been a well handled character and if they make him go evil I will be badly disappointed. He's entirely understandable in his approach, and his only sin is not being Coulson, really. He makes some bad calls but everyone does. I really hope his 'dark secret' turns out to be something benign, like him feeling he didn't do enough.
He couldn't get everyone to understand proper motorcycle safety. :smith:

Seriously though after that aside there's no way that his core character isn't a Leave It To Beaver character living and dealing in a grimdark reality. No one acting would think to go out of their way to say something so meaningless yet thoughtful.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

PierreTheMime posted:

Seriously though after that aside there's no way that his core character isn't a Leave It To Beaver character living and dealing in a grimdark reality. No one acting would think to go out of their way to say something so meaningless yet thoughtful.

And that's why he's going to fail spectacularly, maybe to the breaking point. No one like that should be in charge of Shield and make calls on what it has to do at times.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

flosofl posted:

And that's why he's going to fail spectacularly, maybe to the breaking point. No one like that should be in charge of Shield and make calls on what it has to do at times.

That's the big theme. He's a Boy Scout running a semi-covet intelligence agency when what they really need is someone like Fury or Coulson. They're good in intention but have dropped enough of their ethics that they aren't unsettled by the reality of the job. When Mace breaks, it's not going to be to go kill a rogue agent on an alien planet. It's going to be much bigger and much sadder.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Blazing Ownager posted:

I honestly think one of the best things about the show, the fact Coulson is alive, is why they won't - beyond the other problems. That's been a big point at Marvel.

That said I am shocked they haven't brought up the Netflix shows yet, given they avoided the rough start AOS had.

It isn't a surprise at all considering all the Netflix series seem to take place post-Avengers 1 and don't mention any Phase 2 happenings.

Also while AOS had some trouble at the start, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage had a less than spectacular back half of episodes. Even DD S1 didn't stick the landing quite right on the last episode.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

notthegoatseguy posted:

Also while AOS had some trouble at the start, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage had a less than spectacular back half of episodes. Even DD S1 didn't stick the landing quite right on the last episode.

Too true.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
There's a new Marvel vs. Capcom game coming out, so I'm hoping for some AoS characters to show up. Coulson, May, and Daisy seem possible, but I'm rooting for Mack with the Shotgun Axe.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

PunkBoy posted:

There's a new Marvel vs. Capcom game coming out, so I'm hoping for some AoS characters to show up. Coulson, May, and Daisy seem possible, but I'm rooting for Mack with the Shotgun Axe.

The best we can hope for is Quake voiced by Chloe Bennett, I think. Which would be awesome all by itself, frankly.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

BreakAtmo posted:

The best we can hope for is Quake voiced by Chloe Bennett, I think. Which would be awesome all by itself, frankly.

She did the voice in Marvel's Contest of Champions. I could see, if they put Quake in the game, her taking time off to coice the bits they have to do.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Senator Nadir's lackeys are gonna get lit. Simmons helped him come out of his shell, and then (from his point of view) they kidnap her?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Something's going on with his shell and it'll be a major plotpoint. There is no way that guy is getting out of his stone cocoon on his own.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

BreakAtmo posted:

I can see Ming-Na Wen voicing May is she's in, and it would be amazing if she had a special intro with Chun-Li.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Pan Dulce posted:

She did the voice in Marvel's Contest of Champions. I could see, if they put Quake in the game, her taking time off to coice the bits they have to do.

I got confused about that and thought Quake was voiced by her in Avengers Academy.

So I bought her. Oh well.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

PunkBoy posted:

I can see Ming-Na Wen voicing May is she's in, and it would be amazing if she had a special intro with Chun-Li.

"For you, it's calling in The Calvary. For me? It's Tuesday."

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

"For you, it's calling in The Cavalry. For me? It's Tuesday."

Yesssss

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Could definitely see AoS DLC at least. Probably not huge enough to be in by default though.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The current MCU Ghost Rider is on this show, and I like Ghost Rider and want to stare at evil people in a video game super bad.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

BreakAtmo posted:

I could see Quake and maybe Coulson since he played a medium-sized role in the MCU and he's still a fan favorite across the MCU and AoS.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Quake is also a pretty active character in the current comic books, right?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

The MSJ posted:

Yep, she's still part of stories around SHIELD and Fury and last I read was still his right hand lady.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

bloodychill posted:

I could see Quake and maybe Coulson since he played a medium-sized role in the MCU and he's still a fan favorite across the MCU and AoS.

The only issue I see with Coulson is that given his lack of powers, he would likely have to be a gun-focused character, which will almost certainly be a role filled by an RE hero - probably Leon.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I can't imagine they would put Melinda May in the game -- too functionally similar to Black Widow and Mockingbird, both of whom would get priority -- but maybe they'd give Chun Li an optional SHIELD outfit. :haw:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

BreakAtmo posted:

The only issue I see with Coulson is that given his lack of powers, he would likely have to be a gun-focused character, which will almost certainly be a role filled by an RE hero - probably Leon.

His robot hand is *made* for ROCKET PUNCH

holy poo poo, they better do this in the show.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Yeah, the only way I can really see SHIELD characters getting in is if they have special "assist" characters like they did in MvC1 that you can summon but not really play as. Call Coulson in for a rocket punch, or Fitzsimmons for a SCIENCE BEAM, or Quake for a... you know... quake.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I'd personally love to see Coulson as a playable character only if the give him a Captain America cosplay alternate look.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

The MSJ posted:

bloodychill posted:

Yep, she's still part of stories around SHIELD and Fury and last I read was still his right hand lady.
That Fury's no longer involved (see Original Sin) but Quake's front and center (pun intended) for a new team of Secret Warriors.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Spergatory posted:

Yeah, the only way I can really see SHIELD characters getting in is if they have special "assist" characters like they did in MvC1 that you can summon but not really play as. Call Coulson in for a rocket punch, or Fitzsimmons for a SCIENCE BEAM, or Quake for a... you know... quake.

Assists have already been confirmed as not in the game. Hopefully it shakes things up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BreakAtmo posted:

Yeah, 'gun-focused' just like Phoenix and Joe were.

• Locked thread