Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
I won a box of dragons maze in a raffle at my shop. Do i draft it or give it to my 3 year old to open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Molybdenum posted:

I won a box of dragons maze in a raffle at my shop. Do i draft it or give it to my 3 year old to open

It's an awful draft format and there no value either, there's a reason your shop had to give it away for free.

Let your kid open the packs up and eat any of the card that aren't Voice Of Resurgence.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

little munchkin posted:

It's an awful draft format and there no value either, there's a reason your shop had to give it away for free.

Let your kid open the packs up and eat any of the card that aren't Voice Of Resurgence.

Hah, Wear//Tear is worth more than any non-mythic card in the set.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
There's also a chance to get Ravnica dual lands in the land slot.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
What is the attendance for gp denver?

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Sickening posted:

Basically if your deck did have ishkana or avacyn they didn't let you into the venue.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Sickening posted:

Somewhere in the 1500-1600 range.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
How haven't they fixed the quality of their stream yet? Do they refuse to even put forth into any effort to make it look good or do they just not care?

anglachel
May 28, 2012

80s James Hetfield posted:

How haven't they fixed the quality of their stream yet? Do they refuse to even put forth into any effort to make it look good or do they just not care?

Knowing Wizards? They see the game is going into a recession, and their response will be SPEND LESS MONEY! AUSTERITY ALWAYS WORKS!

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Top 4'd a modern GPT with spirits. Only losses were to 8-Rack in Swiss and semi's

What is this world?

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Mezzanon posted:

Top 4'd a modern GPT with spirits. Only losses were to 8-Rack in Swiss and semi's

What is this world?

Spirits are awesome

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Mezzanon posted:

What is this world?

Modern is a fun format. The best format. Spirits is also my favorite fun modern deck.

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:
So why are the prices for the 2016 commander decks so jacked up on Amazon and Starcity, and we are not seeing any at target? Is there a print run problem for them

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Agentdark posted:

So why are the prices for the 2016 commander decks so jacked up on Amazon and Starcity, and we are not seeing any at target? Is there a print run problem for them

Commander is popular and they want milk money out of you.

This might make me actually want to put in the effort to go.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Dec 4, 2016

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Mezzanon posted:

What is this world?

Word. Are you still strictly UW?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Word. Are you still strictly UW?

I have no clue why any of you want to be UW except for not being able to afford the nobles. If that is why then, well that makes sense.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Agentdark posted:

I saw Atraxa at Walmart yesterday for MSRP

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Sickening posted:

I have no clue why any of you want to be UW except for not being able to afford the nobles. If that is why then, well that makes sense.

I'm just bitter that I sold off my CoCos right before people realized it's good in that deck. And yes I would only have one Hierarch for the Bant version :v:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Sickening posted:

Commander is popular and they want milk money out of you.

This might make me actually want to put in the effort to go.

God drat the Fire and Ice art is still terrible. Whoever gets the worse personal record gets stuck with that one.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Why is there a run on Contagion Engines, what insane modern deck is using them?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

The Shortest Path posted:

Why is there a run on Contagion Engines, what insane modern deck is using them?

Atraxa EDH decks I'm guessing

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:barf:

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Agentdark posted:

They are in my local Target here in Grand Rapids, MI. They are also for sale in every Walmart for MSRP too. Magic is very popular here so they do sell out but get restocked often, you need to get lucky if you want Breed Lethality, it's always gone.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Hellsau posted:

God drat the Fire and Ice art is still terrible. Whoever gets the worse personal record gets stuck with that one.

These are also awesome except:
The light and shadow handle is non-functional. What the gently caress
The fire and ice in-built gauntlet is goofy but cool EXCEPT the loving angle is all jacked so you can't hold it properly again.

As a guy who used to make a lot of weapons for videogames I love ridiculous weaponry but it needs to be functional to hold.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Sigma-X posted:

As a guy who used to make a lot of weapons for videogames I love ridiculous weaponry but it needs to be functional to hold.

You were saying? :colbert:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Sigma-X posted:

These are also awesome except:
The light and shadow handle is non-functional. What the gently caress
The fire and ice in-built gauntlet is goofy but cool EXCEPT the loving angle is all jacked so you can't hold it properly again.

The Fire and Ice blade is ugly and boring. The actual blades of the other two look cool, but the fire blade is just an orange streak.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

AlternateNu posted:

You were saying? :colbert:

That doesn't look hard to hold?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i hate the fire/ice sword cuz ice isn't really well represented on it

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

i hate the fire/ice sword cuz ice isn't really well represented on it

Neither is fire.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!

Hellsau posted:

Neither is fire.

poo poo, neither is "sword", really.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Sickening posted:

I have The hierarchs, I like straight U/W for the ability to play ghost quarter, and moorland haunt with aether vial instead of coco. All I'm missing from the bang list is steel if the god head

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Elyv posted:

That doesn't look hard to hold?

Except when you realize the "blade" part of it is opposite the bit and flush with the bow of the key. So, you basically have a hand guard that stops you from holding the blade parallel with your arm.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

little munchkin posted:

three years, not three months buddy! He had fun but didn't get the point of sniffing the packs even though I explained it quite clearly.

voice + token, steam vents, overgrown tomb, ral zarek then blood baron and hot garbage.

oh but foil profit // loss ?? why not just play zealous persecution? This card SUUUUUUCCCKKKSSSS

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Mezzanon posted:

I have The hierarchs, I like straight U/W for the ability to play ghost quarter, and moorland haunt with aether vial instead of coco. All I'm missing from the bang list is steel if the god head

I no longer play with god head and honestly you aren't missing much. I understand why caleb played it but the benefit it gave you in the burn and dredge matchup were just too minimal. Its just so bad against everything else and there is not enough good targets for the spell in the deck to make it good to me. Card for card, Unflinching Courage seemed better at doing the job. I just play more creatures and dropped it all together.

My deck if anyone is interested.

Deck: Bant Spirits

//Lands
2 Botanical Sanctum
2 Breeding Pool
2 Cavern of Souls
4 Flooded Strand
1 Forest
1 Hallowed Fountain
1 Island
3 Misty Rainforest
1 Plains
1 Razorverge Thicket
1 Temple Garden
3 Windswept Heath

//Spells
4 Collected Company
3 Path to Exile

//Creatures
4 Drogskol Captain
3 Geist of Saint Traft
2 Kira, Great Glass-Spinner
4 Mausoleum Wanderer
4 Noble Hierarch
2 Phantasmal Image
4 Rattlechains
4 Selfless Spirit
4 Spell Queller

//Sideboard
3 Blessed Alliance
2 Engineered Explosives
2 Kataki, War's Wage
3 Kor Firewalker
1 Path to Exile
3 Rest in Peace
1 Spellskite

Display deck statistics

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I'm very impressed with the way this Naya Aetherworks deck is bullt.

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:

TwistedNails posted:

They are in my local Target here in Grand Rapids, MI. They are also for sale in every Walmart for MSRP too. Magic is very popular here so they do sell out but get restocked often, you need to get lucky if you want Breed Lethality, it's always gone.

Maybe my local area is just being weird right now. Thanks.

Recess Rapist
Jul 4, 2004
I no longer whack; I use a driptorch.
god drat, that summonings deck walks a tightrope every single game.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
https://twitter.com/ChazVMTG/status/805478028277059584

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

+2 look at the top 3 and draw any of the nonland permanents.
-2 sword to plowshares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Head judge at GP denver loving blows and also blew in dallas. Doesn't know basic game rules. Embarrassing.

Some of his more recent bad head judge calls...

1. Not understanding the 1+ 1+ from motorist doesn't go on the stack, only the crewing does.
2. Forced a player to search off of path when its a may.
3. Allowed a miracles player to miracle trigger in terminus after playing a land, game deciding day 2 match.

Lot of other dumb stuff that isn't worth listing. Another reason why the judge system is dumb.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Dec 4, 2016

• Locked thread