Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump collector
May 28, 2007

Voxx posted:

I dunno I stopped washing my singular tea cup and I'm suddenly better at the game

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Vermain posted:

Does anyone happen to know what type of damage Ardent Censer's passive provides? It says "drain health" but I'm assuming it's akin to Grasp of the Undying where the damage portion is magic but the heal always heals for the same amount regardless of mitigation.

Good question, I honestly dunno.

As a followup does the healing count as done by them or by you cause it'd be p sweet if it kept triggering windspeakers every auto.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I might test it in a bot Game when I get home, it says it drains 20 health which leads me to believe it's just true damage though

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

How Rude posted:

With even the smallest modicum of critical thinking bronze players could be gold immediately via building actual items that work.

Half the players in this game are complete idiots

Just stop having a child's level of thought and you too can win games easily

To be fair, League has gotten pretty complicated without also adding dynamic build paths instead of static Dendi-Approved paths. In the wood division vid I linked literally every clip shows off a different mechanic or quirk of the engine, let alone the various items (Ardent, Redemption, Sunfire, BOTRK, etc.) that can muddy damage types and obscure the biggest type of threat on the enemy team. There's DOTA players who cant handle "im playing a strength hero, an enemy who just attacks a lot is killing my team, I should build the strength item that forcibly removes the ability to attack", let alone the funky stuff League tosses on.

Thats not to excuse allies that cant build anti-healing items against carrying supports or finishing boots early against kiters and other basic poo poo, of course.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Luna Was Here posted:

I might test it in a bot Game when I get home, it says it drains 20 health which leads me to believe it's just true damage though

I squinted real hard at a game where I built it recently and it appears to be like I expected: a magic damage on-hit buff (there wasn't anyone in the post-game screen who had true damage who shouldn'tve) and a 20 per-hit heal that isn't affected by mitigation.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

It was definitely a magic on-hit before they added the drain component so I wouldn't be surprised if it still is

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
someone just linked this in champ select before locking kat lmao http://imgur.com/a/JTwRP

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Taciturn Tactician posted:

someone just linked this in champ select before locking kat lmao http://imgur.com/a/JTwRP

did you enjoy the win?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

"94% winrate"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Platinium indeed

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Update, she fed and we lost

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

#plat

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

welcome to the 6% b*tch

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

welcome to the 6% b*tch

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
60% win rate on a feast or fammine champ is impressive but the 2.2 KDA isnt

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

esp. considering she is way better at escaping poo poo now.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
said he had beef, asked me if i had my piece

sure do two 2.2s in my shoes

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Lovechop posted:

said he had beef, asked me if i had my piece

sure do two 2.2s in my shoes

:vince:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Serv can I suggest we invite goons to the Discord server that Luna set up since CTS is dead

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

Lol ya his winrate is actually decent. I don't know why so many people lie in champselect. Do they not know that opgg exists? I don't always look at opgg pre game because sometimes it can be depressing seeing your teammate pick a champ they never played or have awful winrate/losing streak. Just earlier I had a guy say he doesn't have any supports on this account and he wanted to trade mid with me. I checked his opgg and he had like 100+ games on Janna as his most played. Unless he is playing a mean ap janna last I checked Janna is the very meaning of a support champ. Anyway I didn't point that out I just told him I am really bad at support. Well we still lost he picked Karma for some reason and fed with his adc.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Nah man that's his smurf that he's played 900 games on this season... his main is... some other account. You'll just have to trust him on this.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

How Rude posted:

Serv can I suggest we invite goons to the Discord server that Luna set up since CTS is dead

I don't see why that's an issue. Could you repost the link? I'll put it in the OP.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Do chat channels in client not exist anymore with the new client?

Also good to see that after being away months with tons of changes I've missed the constant is that players are still bad so crushing out of the jungle has been a breeze.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Mikujin posted:

Also good to see that after being away months with tons of changes I've missed the constant is that players are still bad so crushing out of the jungle has been a breeze.

Jungle is far and away the most impactful role in the game right now, I'd say, so you can breeze through lower Elos if you're even mildly more competent than the enemy jungler.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
https://discord.gg/EnCswPa

put this in the OP, I set it to never expire

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
https://youtu.be/s6X00Ms9spM

Greetings from deployment land!

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

How many people have you killed?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
How is sword arm champ

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

RC Cola posted:

How is sword arm champ
They're sword legs, excuse you

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
How is sword legs?
Who wants to play with me? I'm bad and out of practice

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
SwordLegs is hot(?) so people will play her but not a lot and not very well.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

RC Cola posted:

How is sword arm champ

All of her base stuff looks pretty bonkers, but it's hard to tell. Ivern released with some absolutely terrible-seeming numbers, got a minor buff soon after his release, and is now absolutely loving unbelievably busted. It might end up being the opposite for Camille (although I struggle to think that any champion with scaling true damage is going to be anything but good).

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

welcome to minions rift

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
an april fools mode where everyone picks a minion and tries to avoid getting killed by AI heroes would be neat

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

I can't argue with Riot, so my friend and I are going duo mid, like they wanted.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I have a feeling Ryze went top because it is a ranked game.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

flyingkiwi posted:

I can't argue with Riot, so my friend and I are going duo mid, like they wanted.

Thank god, support is finally dead.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

Thank god, support is finally dead.

That kinda seems like what they are going for with stuff like Knights Vow, Redemption, making Triumphant Roar a passive ability etc.

I'd be cool with that, since Rito's idea of a support seems to be "someone who feels very ineffectual and acts as a killsink for our increasingly wacky assassins"

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Talon's jumping shtick is obnoxious.
Does he really need to be able to hop out of trouble that often to round out his kit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

LegalPad posted:

Talon's jumping shtick is obnoxious.
Does he really need to be able to hop out of trouble that often to round out his kit?

In all fairness, he kind of feels a bit weak without it. His target leap range is pretty low and he doesn't have a crazy base movespeed, so the terrain leaping doesn't feel OP, just makes him unique in how to escape compared to other heroes (I.E dont juke around corners and side paths).

• Locked thread