Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/24207/10681153/fleet-street-lewis-hamilton-made-nico-rosberg-retire-from-formula-1

quote:

'Hamilton lost the battle but won the war,' claim papers as Rosberg quits Mercedes and F1; Was the 'mental strain' too much?

The intense pressure of Lewis Hamilton forced Nico Rosberg into his shock retirement, according to Saturday's papers.

#blessed #44 #mindgames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

lol sky

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
loving Sky what a bunch of bell-ends.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
lol at sky and lewis

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
https://twitter.com/MBrundleF1/status/804768776088616961

https://twitter.com/MBrundleF1/status/805011917563658240

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Casey Stoner also retired when he could've stayed for 6 more years easily, sometimes you just want to do other stuff and it's not like these guys are hurting for money, Nico and his kids are never going to worry about bills or anything.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Biased Brit hacks trying to sell their dying medium in lovely journalism shocker. This is the same Fleet Street that claimed Merc were going to fire Lewis over Abu Dhabi. loving lol.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wow I cannot believe why a fabulously wealthy person would want to stop doing a thing that might kill them??

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I think the only reason Alonso has stayed is because he really wants to win a 3rd title but if next year's McLaren is still poo poo (it will) he's gonna call it quits.

Alonso has had a few close calls over the years, more than any other driver I think except for Kubica, so he must only have a couple lives left.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Maybe he retired to get away from Sky.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

wicka posted:

Wow I cannot believe why a fabulously wealthy person would want to stop doing a thing that might kill them??

Reminds me of when Chris Borland, an NFL linebacker with a lot of potential, retired after one year because of concussion worries.

iospace fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 3, 2016

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

Reminds me of when Chris Borland, an NFL linebacker with a lot of potential, retired after one year because of concussion worries.

More and more NFL players are doing this, taking a huge pay check for a couple years and then retiring before they retard themselves. Hilarious how the NFL is still just trying to hide the problem that will kill their sport if they don't fix it.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Nico's only goal in life was to beat Lewis. Once he managed to do that he retired.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

quote:

After picking up his F1 drivers’ championship trophy at the FIA Gala Awards in Vienna on Friday night, Rosberg said that if he had lost out to Lewis Hamilton in the finale in Abu Dhabi he would have continued in to 2017.

“I never give up,” he said. “So if I had come second I would have gone on for another year next year definitely.”

Rosberg, who only informed his Mercedes bosses on Wednesday of his plan to quit F1, said that the pressure he experienced in the closing stages of the campaign was something he had never experienced before.
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rosberg-i-wouldn-t-have-quit-unless-i-was-champion-856439/

quote:

Niki Lauda says that "practically half" of the Formula 1 grid has been in touch with Mercedes to offer themselves as a replacement for retiring world champion Nico Rosberg.

Asked when he knew about the news, Lauda said: “A few hours before the public announcement. He told us by phone. I took it badly, I didn’t expect it, nobody in Mercedes imagined that he had had enough.

“At first I didn’t believe it. ‘Nico, what you told us, are you kidding by any chance? It’s a joke?’ But he said it was all true. Quite incredible.

"When I won the first title I immediately thought about how I would win a second. Not the case with Nico.

“Rosberg’s decision has left us disorientated and unprepared, and all those who contributed to Nico winning the world title took it very badly."

Lauda says the fact most top drivers are under contract elsewhere makes the task of replacing Rosberg especially difficult, and that taking a young driver - such as Pascal Wehrlein - would be a "risk".

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/lauda-half-of-the-grid-has-offered-to-replace-rosberg-856479/

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Imagine if they hire Button

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Why couldn't it Brundle instead of Rosberg?

I'm really happy that a lot of the responses to Brundle's comments are about Lewis being a child.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I can't wait until Lauda eventually lets slip that he thinks Rosberg is a giant pussy and wouldn't have sabotaged Hamilton's engine if he figured rosberg would give up like that.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

gret posted:

Nico's only goal in life was to beat Lewis. Once he managed to do that he retired.

The dog finally caught the car and doesn't know what to do next

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

El Hefe posted:

I've been banned before so it's not very hard to imagine.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

El Hefe posted:

If both drivers are Brits, how will Mercedes know which car to sabotage???

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

poty posted:

If both drivers are Brits, how will Mercedes know which car to sabotage???

whynotboth.gif

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Bold prediction Perez to Merc

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I think if Alonso didn't want the title, he wouldn't still be racing, and he's never going to get it at Mclaren.

I think Alonso to mercedes, Wehrlein to mclaren.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Mercedes probably don't want Nando though. Then they'd have two really good drivers who would be crashing into each other for the championship. They need another garbage man to follow behind Lewis for another year or two in the perfect German car so the Germans can win everything again.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They might need to actually compete for the constructor's championship this year.

If they didn't give a poo poo, they would have announced Wehrlein in the seat yesterday.

They need a driver that can get ahead of the red bulls every once in a while.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
They need this man. He's the greatest German from an ancient family line of German champions.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

They need this man. He's the greatest German from an ancient family line of German champions.

The good Rosberg is Finnish.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
They were more or less German during the war

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Powershift posted:

The good Rosberg is Finnish.

I think you will find that there are two good Rosbergs.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

1500quidporsche posted:

Who's the other good Rosberg besides Keke? :confused:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

1500quidporsche posted:

Dont make fun of Keke's weight. Not cool.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Dont make fun of Keke's weight. Not cool.

I thought 1500quid was better than that

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

gret posted:

Who's the other good Rosberg besides Keke? :confused:

If i was forced to guess, i'd say Sina, and i guess she is german.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Rosberg owns

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
nah

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

This is a cool dude and I'd like to grab a pint with him in a pub some time with Nando, I think the three of us would have a great time.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

This is a cool dude and I'd like to grab a pint with him in a pub some time with Nando, I think the three of us would have a great time.

Nando would spend the entire time leading on Rossie, drinking him under the table, then going home with someone else.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

GramCracker posted:

Bold prediction Perez to Merc

I want this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

To be honest, I think it'd be really boring, awkward and tedious.

• Locked thread