Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

i poop fire posted:

By then I had a Hariyama with z-fighting and belly drum so I didn't get to see Lurantis even do anything. Whats it's gimmick?

Synthesis. And one of its helpers is a Sunny Day castform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

AlphaKretin posted:

Synthesis. And one of its helpers is a Sunny Day castform.

Also Solar Blade, a 125 power move that takes a turn to charge unless it's sunny, or it consumes a Power Herb (and it starts with one). This plus the Castform means that a team with an uncovered grass weakness is gonna have a real rough time.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Daeren posted:

Also Solar Blade, a 125 power move that takes a turn to charge unless it's sunny, or it consumes a Power Herb (and it starts with one). This plus the Castform means that a team with an uncovered grass weakness is gonna have a real rough time.

It can also summon a Trumbeak that will mince most anything that can dent Lurantis.

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011
Gross. Glad I got the OHKO then.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Hey, is Dwall around? Spreadsheet says you've got a million BB things I don't have and I want to throw some of mine at you to make mutual benefit happen. PM me or post here or whatever.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012
I probably should've checked that spreadsheet before spending an evening catching a grubbin in a beast ball :doh:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Abundant Atrophy posted:

I probably should've checked that spreadsheet before spending an evening catching a grubbin in a beast ball :doh:
On the one hand, yes, but on the other, someone's gotta do the heavy lifting of catching the drat things, so I applaud the initiative even if it was a dupe!

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Funky Valentine posted:

So is Totem Lurantis meant to be the most unfun sack of poo poo in this entire series?

No, that's Totem Mimikyu

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
loving SUCK IT, DHELMISE, I GOT YOU AND YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT

Stupid dumb anchor weed

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

AlphaKretin posted:

Well, it would be banned in Smogon formats, because it passes Speed and other stats at the same time.

Ok, I googled that and wow what a stupidly worded clause

I mean sure, I can sorta understand it for Sword Dance + Speed Boost Blaziken, and also Z-Eevee, but if I manage to Agility and then Calm Mind Baton Pass, then you deserve to lose for being dumb enough not to do anything about it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Oh, do we want to add another tab to the BB spreadsheet for the Apricorn balls and stuff like that?

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!

Blaziken386 posted:

Was looking through my Pokemon X game (due to even Meloetta and Arceus), and found my box full of old event pokemon. Two of those pokemon were shiny Pichu, all the way back from HGSS, who I never evolved.
Meaning when pokebank comes out, I can get a shiny Alolan Raichu in a Cherish ball, gently caress yeah.
The only downside are the natures - both are Jolly. Which is probably one of the worst possible natures for Raichu-A. (Doesn't need any more speed with electric terrain, and Jolly lowers it's main attacking stat. Boo.)
I really wish I knew more about natures back when I first started. So many of my event pokemon have terrible natures. :negative:

HGSS shiny event Pichu is always Jolly.

I haven't even started island-scanning because I've been concentrating on completing the Alola dex. But are the island scan mons more/less/equally as desirable as Castforms on GTS?

Jazama
Oct 5, 2013
I got the game a couple of days ago and, despite the fact that Steel no longer resists ghost, I still instinctively send out my magnet at the first sight of ghosts.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

How Ingratiating! posted:

HGSS shiny event Pichu is always Jolly.

I haven't even started island-scanning because I've been concentrating on completing the Alola dex. But are the island scan mons more/less/equally as desirable as Castforms on GTS?
Oh, really?
Well, that explains that.
You know, while I'm super glad these games finally have a way to improve IVs, I really hope that a future game lets you alter the nature in the postgame. It would save SO MUCH time with legendary hunting.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

How Ingratiating! posted:

I can honestly say I haven't tried, but they're a pretty bad set of starters for competitive purposes... then again, lots of people looking for Kingdra, maybe partially because it's a bear and a half to get.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

lezard_valeth posted:

Ok, I googled that and wow what a stupidly worded clause

I mean sure, I can sorta understand it for Sword Dance + Speed Boost Blaziken, and also Z-Eevee, but if I manage to Agility and then Calm Mind Baton Pass, then you deserve to lose for being dumb enough not to do anything about it.

This post gives a fairly detailed description of a standard full baton pass team in gen 6. This particular team archetype has very limited counter play because of new gen 6 tools like Speed Boost Scolipede and Pixilate Sylveon; it can even deal with Haze, because Pokémon with Haze usually suck.

The Baton Pass rules were an attempt to nerf this kind of team without banning the entire Baton Pass mechanic. It's clumsy, and you can debate whether the final policy was the right one, but that's the reason for it.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Happiness posted:

I think I got everyone who said they were interested so far except Parrotine, but if I missed you or you also want one of these dogs then let me know.

4484-8641-1177 IGN: Sumire

This is a couple pages ago, but is it not to late to get one of these vulpix's w/ egg moves + snow warning? I'll trade a pokemon holding a bottlecap for the trouble

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

You know, my original plan for when R/B/Y support gets added for Pokebank was to create some No-Guard Fissure Machops.
But then I realized that Gamefreak's probably savvy enough to ensure all Machops that come through get the Guts Ability. :(

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Blaziken386 posted:

You know, my original plan for when R/B/Y support gets added for Pokebank was to create some No-Guard Fissure Machops.
But then I realized that Gamefreak's probably savvy enough to ensure all Machops that come through get the Guts Ability. :(
I feel like someone said that Game Freak mentioned somewhere that No Guard Machamp was going to be a thing. Like, in one of their "things to watch out for" puff pieces.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Blaziken386 posted:

No Guard Fissure wouldn't be that powerful anyway. Machamp is slow, and Fissure can't hit flying types.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I feel like someone said that Game Freak mentioned somewhere that No Guard Machamp was going to be a thing. Like, in one of their "things to watch out for" puff pieces.

Game Freak is aware that Fissure can be acquired on a Gen I Machamp. Whether they'll actually do something about it is another question.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Oh. Well then, time to catch a crap ton of Machops and make a billion Fissure TMs, so I can start tossing the little demons out via wondertrade in a month or so.

e:

Dr. Fetus posted:

No Guard Fissure wouldn't be that powerful anyway. Machamp is slow, and Fissure can't hit flying types.
Not being able to hit flying types isn't that bad a weakness. As for slowness - I have a trick room team. :getin:

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Happiness posted:

Naming that required me to learn about the ʻokina, which I wasn't aware of the distinct nature of before. So that's cool.

I think I got everyone who said they were interested so far except Parrotine, but if I missed you or you also want one of these dogs then let me know.

4484-8641-1177 IGN: Sumire

I still really want one of these!

FC: 5412-9913-6768 IGN: Simon

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So if I send out my Tapu Fini on the same turn the other player sends out Tapu Lele, why would Lele's psychic terrain get set up over my misty terrain even though Fini was slower? They were both swapped in by withdrawing pokemon but I don't see why that should matter.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Oricorio + Lilligant with Quiver and Petal Dance is doing work in the Battle Tree. I didn't expect it to work this well. Lilligant is faster than Oricorio so he gets to Quiver Dance then attack. Lilligant also has Own Tempo so she can use Petal Dance freely and Oricorio can Protect and Petal Dance on the same turn. I barely even need my Ribombee and Muk backup.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

So if I send out my Tapu Fini on the same turn the other player sends out Tapu Lele, why would Lele's psychic terrain get set up over my misty terrain even though Fini was slower? They were both swapped in by withdrawing pokemon but I don't see why that should matter.

That's bizzaro--I thought it was based on speed

In other weird poo poo, I swear to god a Xirk missed a Z-Hypnosis on me today. No buffs or debuffs on either side, just a whiff. I thought Zs were 100% accurate

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Waffles Inc. posted:

That's bizzaro--I thought it was based on speed

In other weird poo poo, I swear to god a Xirk missed a Z-Hypnosis on me today. No buffs or debuffs on either side, just a whiff. I thought Zs were 100% accurate

Only Z-attacks are. Z-status moves retain their original accuracy.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Totally random question but does anyone have a Corsola that knows Rock Blast? I need it for my next breeding project!

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I still really want one of these!

FC: 5412-9913-6768 IGN: Simon

Apparently I added you before but never actually got one to you. I can do so now.

Lube Enthusiast posted:

This is a couple pages ago, but is it not to late to get one of these vulpix's w/ egg moves + snow warning? I'll trade a pokemon holding a bottlecap for the trouble

It's never too late friend.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/LauraisLate/status/804685489202667520

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Happiness posted:

Apparently I added you before but never actually got one to you. I can do so now.

I can hop online now if you're around!

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Happiness posted:

Thanks muchly. i'm ingame now my FC is 5472 - 7221 - 3300

edit: Cheers

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Dec 4, 2016

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Happiness posted:

Thanks man! Enjoy the Dhelmise for your troubles, it's a good one!

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

On the one hand, yes, but on the other, someone's gotta do the heavy lifting of catching the drat things, so I applaud the initiative even if it was a dupe!

Well got plenty of these gross grubs with 3-5IVs, at least, so can't truly complain (still got 10 beast balls left).
Guess Vullaby or Zubat is one no one else is going for.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The worst ones are the ones I can't even see on the GTS, like Pikipek, that apparently some random websites are using for giveaways or hacked 6IV Ditto distribution or whatever. People should get those. The GTS has been pretty good to me these last few days :shobon:

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I'm kinda impressed by how long I was able to keep this slow frail starting two alive.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randomdoublesbattle-489292121

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Oricorio Facts!

Oricorio with electric Hidden Power is amazing early on.

Soak appears to turn Revelation Dance into a water attack.

Yellow Oricorio is by far the cutest.

Also, I did the math and Cosmoem is about 1/3 as dense as the Sun.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Question: Can you save scam Poke Pelago's Cave Excavation? Like send your Poke's on a Rare Exploration and then soft reset till you get a Golden Bottlecap?

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Happiness posted:

I would very much like a Vulpix! Especially so because I'm in Moon and can't get them.
1779 - 0045 - 7907 IGN: Rainu

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
somebody do a bad mspaint of the "healthy meta genies" but with the tapu because holy poo poo. VGC is hell this year, it's like we skipped the baby introduction yay-a-new-generation-year and went straight to hardcore centralized legendary mirrors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011
We need a mecha-dragonite to deal with the Tepu fairy invasion.