Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Electric Phantasm posted:

There's only one fishing rod, right? Trying to fill out the Pokedex and finding the pokemon that can be only be caught by fishing is getting frustrating.

Yeah, just the one fishing rod. No good rods or super rods or poo poo like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

There's only one fishing rod, right? Trying to fill out the Pokedex and finding the pokemon that can be only be caught by fishing is getting frustrating.
Just the one, yes. It's rough and I'd recommend putting up mons on the GTS for fairly reasonable trades to get them instead - don't look for other peoples because the only ones up are the ones that are awful.

e: or just put up Castforms, honestly, the demand is still going - got a couple Celesteelas and a Lunala today

(I made a few edits to the BB spreadsheet, if anyone else wants to copy the function for "number I have" feel free)

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Dec 4, 2016

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Goddamn the loving fishing. I got all the SoS chain Pokemon myself and that was fine, but the fishing was soul destroying I should have just bred Castforms for the stuff, but I stuck it out through all those soft resets. It was not worth it.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

How do Minior colors work? Random or heritable, I mean. I want a living dex, after all.

e: also someone hook me up with more Beast Ball mons :3:

Minior colors are inheritable, so you'll have to catch them in the wild if you want to collect all of them or get the ones you want for breeding.

If you're trying to hunt wild Minior down, something to keep in mind is a Minior in unshielded form has a catch rate of 255 compared to the shielded form's catch rate of 30.

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

Giant Boy Detective posted:

My FC is 3668-7290-5168 and IGN is Tzu. You can also find me on the Discord server as GBD for easier coordination.

You looking for anything in particular for one of those Stufful and Bounsweet? If you still have any I'd be hella interested, though I don't have too much right now aside from some 4IV Close Combat Mudbrays in Luxury Balls, and the capability to breed some Lure Ball Dhelmise and Beast Ball Pichu.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Mizuti posted:

I ended up going to sleep early and missed out on several offers. Sorry! I've still got them:

I took a nap but I'm still totally interested in the Friendly Trapinch.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Waffles Inc. posted:

Ok cool--thanks for the info

Thinking Arcanine to replace Salazzle

Fwiw I switched out Salazzle with Raichu--seems to be working out well, 5 in a row on Showdown

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dr. Fetus posted:

Minior colors are inheritable, so you'll have to catch them in the wild if you want to collect all of them or get the ones you want for breeding.

If you're trying to hunt wild Minior down, something to keep in mind is a Minior in unshielded form has a catch rate of 255 compared to the shielded form's catch rate of 30.
Ugh, I wanted a Beast Ball one of each color :(

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

vOv posted:

I can't find the comic either but I know what you're talking about, and the move was Confide.

Thanks

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Ugh, I wanted a Beast Ball one of each color :(

That makes it easier to do that though? Just false swipe them down so the shield breaks an they're much much easier to catch.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Blaine the Train posted:

You looking for anything in particular for one of those Stufful and Bounsweet? If you still have any I'd be hella interested, though I don't have too much right now aside from some 4IV Close Combat Mudbrays in Luxury Balls, and the capability to breed some Lure Ball Dhelmise and Beast Ball Pichu.

A baby Lure Ball Dhelmise and Beast Ball Pichu would be lovely! :) What's your FC and IGN?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

That makes it easier to do that though? Just false swipe them down so the shield breaks an they're much much easier to catch.
No, I didn't mean "ugh, they're harder to catch in full health form", I meant "ugh, it's not random so I have to catch and not breed".

What's with GTS's hard-on for specifically Celesteela? I would have expected more Pheromosa demand but I'm going Castform>Celesteela>[random BB mon] frequently.

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

Giant Boy Detective posted:

A baby Lure Ball Dhelmise and Beast Ball Pichu would be lovely! :) What's your FC and IGN?

FC's 0731-4842-6511, and IGN is Bramble! I'll need a bit of time to pump those guys out--I forgot Pichu can't breed so I need to soothe bell this guy--so sometime tomorrow may be best to do this if that's cool!

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Sure thing! Just post or find me (as GBD) on the discord whenever you're ready tomorrow!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Just make sure to have someone with Damp while you're Minior hunting, as they know Self-Destruct.

With that said, if you get one down to 1 HP with no status effect, you've got around a 40% chance of catching it with a Beast Ball, so that shouldn't be too hard.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dr. Fetus posted:

Just make sure to have someone with Damp while you're Minior hunting, as they know Self-Destruct.

With that said, if you get one down to 1 HP with no status effect, you've got around a 40% chance of catching it with a Beast Ball, so that shouldn't be too hard.
HA Parasect proving its worth again!

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012
I have gotten every ultra beast and legendary with litwicks.

This korean Nihilego is naive, but I hope they enjoy that terrible candle.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Note Block posted:

I took a nap but I'm still totally interested in the Friendly Trapinch.

I'm still game if you are. My info in is the original post.

Edit: Yeah, I don't know why they goofed so badly on the fishing rod. There's tons of interesting Pokémon to fish up, but the encounter tables are clogged with Magikarp, even if the fishing spot has rippling water.

Forsythia fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Dec 4, 2016

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Damp Parasect with Spore and False Swipe is your best option for catching Miniors for sure. While asleep at 1 hp they have the easiest chance to be caught with a Beast Ball of anything in the game including UBs.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

HA Parasect proving its worth again!

Oh whoops, did the math wrong. 17% without a status, 35% with sleep (discounting critical captures.)

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Dr. Fetus posted:

(discounting critical captures.)

Hey speaking of probabilities

What the hell is up with these not being guaranteed any more, when did that happen, and what are the odds?

Also, less easily answered, why?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

AlphaKretin posted:

What the hell is up with these not being guaranteed any more, when did that happen, and what are the odds?

Because Gamefreak.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I really wish they brought back the ability to call the professor and find out how a pokemon evolves; I had brought way too many pokemon thinking they evolve by level to the elite 4 run-through

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

Critical Captures were never guaranteed. In fact, Gen VI actually made critical captures more likely to succeed than in Gen V. No changes were made to it in Gen VII, other than it being harder to trigger one due to less Pokemon in the Alola dex.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Dec 4, 2016

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
What the hell is a critical capture

..Wow, that's really cool.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dr. Fetus posted:

Critical Captures were never guaranteed. In fact, Gen VI actually made critical captures more likely to succeed than in Gen V. No changes were made to it in Gen VII, other than it being harder to trigger one due to less Pokemon in the Alola dex.
Well, that saves me looking up whether they changed the probabilities to account for no Bank until January. I guess in January they'll be easy again! :(

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Well gently caress, this is news to me. Guess I've just been lucky.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Well, that saves me looking up whether they changed the probabilities to account for no Bank until January. I guess in January they'll be easy again! :(

In fact, if the formula stays the same, they'll get even easier! The chance increases every 150 pokemon, and there's another 150 benchmark with the new gen.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dr. Fetus posted:

Critical captures have been in since Gen V?!

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Out of curiosity, any of the competitive players managed to pull The Z-Eevee Baton Pass off?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlHkhuDWGDQ

(video kinda related)

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Critical captures have been in since Gen V?!

Yeah, it never worked for me.

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

What's with GTS's hard-on for specifically Celesteela? I would have expected more Pheromosa demand but I'm going Castform>Celesteela>[random BB mon] frequently.

Sassy with Leech Seed and Heavy Slam is obnoxious and popular, I imagine people are trying to roll the dice for the right natures and IVs. I've traded for half a box of them myself, so far.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So is Totem Lurantis meant to be the most unfun sack of poo poo in this entire series?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Funky Valentine posted:

So is Totem Lurantis meant to be the most unfun sack of poo poo in this entire series?

yes

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

lezard_valeth posted:

Out of curiosity, any of the competitive players managed to pull The Z-Eevee Baton Pass off?

Well, it would be banned in Smogon formats, because it passes Speed and other stats at the same time.

Unrelated to whether or not it's actually been done, I crunched the numbers on an all +2 Stored Power and iirc under the right conditions Sigilyph could one shot Tapu Lele.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Thankfully Smogon's seventeenth iteration of Baton Pass rules exceptions only applies to singles formats.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Funky Valentine posted:

LOL if you didnt get the best goodest pokemon litten.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ElMaligno posted:

LOL if you didnt get the best goodest pokemon litten.

sorry that i like the nonstop pop pop instead of a cat

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

i poop fire posted:

Sassy with Leech Seed and Heavy Slam is obnoxious and popular, I imagine people are trying to roll the dice for the right natures and IVs. I've traded for half a box of them myself, so far.
Right, I figured it was the combination of competitively good and only two (instead of four Pheromosas) per save, but even so I am just hoarding them to throw at people for Tapus or whatever to get Beast Ball mons with.

e: ...he says as he pulls another one out of GTS. Beast Ball Castforms don't seem to work any better than normal ones but I feel better for spreading them :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

By then I had a Hariyama with z-fighting and belly drum so I didn't get to see Lurantis even do anything. Whats it's gimmick?